Items Spectre Arrow - arrows made from spectre bars

I like the idea of the arrow, but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that there are 3 major splits in crafting after Planterra using cholorphyte, each having their own class exclusive items.

Shroomite for Rangers
Beetle Armor for Melee (Technically Post Golem, but the difficulty in farming stays the same.)
Spectre for Mage.
(And then you buy Tiki Armor for Summoner IF you're lucky enough to have the pygmy staff)

Diverging from this tree wouldn't make much sense, but I do agree that there should be such a thing as a shrromite rocket/arrow/bullet.

Good Suggestion!

I like the idea of the arrow, but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that there are 3 major splits in crafting after Planterra using cholorphyte, each having their own class exclusive items.

Shroomite for Rangers
Beetle Armor for Melee (Technically Post Golem, but the difficulty in farming stays the same.)
Spectre for Mage.
(And then you buy Tiki Armor for Summoner IF you're lucky enough to have the pygmy staff)

Diverging from this tree wouldn't make much sense, but I do agree that there should be such a thing as a shrromite rocket/arrow/bullet.

Good Suggestion!
This only really applies to the armors, spectre bars and shroomite bars are also used to make wings and tools which are class specific, in fact of the items you need to craft spectre bars with most of them have nothing to do with magic. There's the spectre pickaxe and hamaxe, the spectre paintbrushes, the wings and the drill containment unit.

This only really applies to the armors, spectre bars and shroomite bars are also used to make wings and tools which are class specific, in fact of the items you need to craft spectre bars with most of them have nothing to do with magic. There's the spectre pickaxe and hamaxe, the spectre paintbrushes, the wings and the drill containment unit.

Beetle wings also exist, if I may add, but the main point I'm making is that if the armors are class specific, then the weapons should also fall in the same category. Most of those tool are never even crafted, aside from the Shroomite claws, DCU, and the two wings (Who do you know that makes any of the spectre tools).

An alternative is to change what the Spectre painbrushes are crafted with (if you really even want them).

Also, the Hammush fits the mushroom theme that the Shroomite has going very well.

Beetle wings also exist, if I may add, but the main point I'm making is that if the armors are class specific, then the weapons should also fall in the same category.
The game doesn't seem to apply this logic anywhere outside the lunar events.

The materials used to make jungle armor aren't used to make any magic weapons, just a bunch of melee weapons and a whip.
Meteor bars are used to make a magic armor set, as well as ammo and a melee weapon.
Bones + cobwebs are used to make a ranged armor set and a whip.
Molten bars are used to make a melee armor set and a bunch of weapons, from bows to guns, and a minion.
Frost cores are used to make frost armor a melee and ranged set, and a whip.

The game doesn't seem to apply this logic anywhere outside the lunar events.

The materials used to make jungle armor aren't used to make any magic weapons, just a bunch of melee weapons and a whip.
Meteor bars are used to make a magic armor set, as well as ammo and a melee weapon.
Bones + cobwebs are used to make a ranged armor set and a whip.
Molten bars are used to make a melee armor set and a bunch of weapons, from bows to guns, and a minion.
Frost cores are used to make frost armor a melee and ranged set, and a whip.
I think it starts really applying this logic at the lunar events, but it eludes to class specific weapons a lot earlier to get the player used to the idea.

Yes, you can make a phasesaber using the meteor bars, but why would you want to when you have the vastly superior space gun.

Also, Pre-Hm is meant to let players explore the different classes by giving them a lot of different weapons to experiment with. Hm is when you start to tighten up your ship and really stick to a class. That's when the recipes start making more sense (excluding the frost cores. I think that was an excuse to make a pun.)

can bounce up to 3 times on walls, however cannot smart bounce
when hitting an entity, it spits into 3 smaller arrows which spats out from behind that entity. each arrow can bounce 2 times and deals 50% of the main arrow's damage.
the three smaller arrows also functions like the main arrow, when hitting an entity, it spits into 3 even smaller arrows which spats out from behind that entity. This time, it deals 20% of the main arrow's damage and can also bounce 2 times.

Sounds like a great tool to break your game.

At maximum, you’re creating 9 projectiles active per arrow, all of which last longer than normal because of bounce, and all of which have to be tracked by the game in order to make them bounce and split correctly.

Phantasm fires 3.33 times per second when fully wound up and shoots 4 projectiles, meaning you’re making almost 120 projectiles per second at max, all of which lasting several seconds due to bounce - and then you add in all the phantom arrows Phantasm shoots whenever an arrow does damage.

I’m not that literate with the game mechanics, but I don’t need to be in order to see that this may be a bit over-the-top.

At maximum efficiency, you’re creating 9 projectiles per arrow, all of which last longer than normal because of bounce, and all of which have to be tracked by the game in order to make them bounce and split correctly.

Phantasm fires 3.33 times per second when fully wound up and shoots 4 projectiles, meaning you’re making almost 120 projectiles per second at max, all of which lasting several seconds due to bounce - and then you add in all the phantom arrows Phantasm shoots whenever an arrow does damage.

I’m not that literate with the game mechanics, but I don’t need to be in order to see that this may be a bit over-the-top.
I can't wait to crash my game!

At maximum, you’re creating 9 projectiles active per arrow, all of which last longer than normal because of bounce, and all of which have to be tracked by the game in order to make them bounce and split correctly.

The game can handle 1000 projectiles at once after that no more projectiles can be created, I ran into this issue when I was 'meming around with the S.D.M.G.'
Notice I had to nerf the S.D.M.G.'s fire rate and lifetime of the bullets it fires.
gyazo.com

Attachments

• 1612132112621.png
    1612132112621.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 83
The game can handle 1000 projectiles at once after that no more projectiles can be created, I ran into this issue when I was 'meming around with the S.D.M.G.'
Notice I had to nerf the S.D.M.G.'s fire rate and lifetime of the bullets it fires.
gyazo.com
Interesting. Now I know the breaking point...

gyazo.com

That makes sense, it’d have to be pretty hard to reach that cap in vanilla though. And I have to assume that one thousand bouncing, splitting arrows would still be *really* heavy on the game.

Yes, you can make a phasesaber using the meteor bars, but why would you want to when you have the vastly superior space gun.
That's not the point, the point is the phaseblades exists and they're intended to be useful, there's also metor bullets, literally a set that has a magic armor and an ammo.

Also, Pre-Hm is meant to let players explore the different classes by giving them a lot of different weapons to experiment with. Hm is when you start to tighten up your ship and really stick to a class. That's when the recipes start making more sense (excluding the frost cores. I think that was an excuse to make a pun.)
I think the reason is because most pre plantera armor sets have class variants in the form of different head pieces. It's more like toolsets can be used to make a variety of weapons and armor to match any class.

As for post plant, there are very few instances where you actually craft weapons post plant, ammo is really the only time you do so until you do the lunar events.

I disagree.
The mechanics are too similar to Ichor Darts, and splitting behind the enemy isn't that useful.
Also low base damage.
Spectre was meant to be mage so it wouldn't make any sense to make ranger out of it.
Also bows at that stage aren't that efficient anymore, and having higher velocity than Laminate arrows don't make sense.

I disagree.
The mechanics are too similar to Ichor Darts, and splitting behind the enemy isn't that useful.
Also low base damage.
Spectre was meant to be mage so it wouldn't make any sense to make ranger out of it.
Also bows at that stage aren't that efficient anymore, and having higher velocity than Laminate arrows don't make sense.

Nah, aside from the absolutely stupid amount of projectiles creating lag and clutter, it’s pretty good.

-The mechanics aren’t that similar to ichor darts. Those darts basically turn the dart guns into shotguns, sacrificing their accuracy for being able to hit multiple times, while these don’t harm the accuracy and instead let the arrow hit other targets. That’s why they split after they hit once, and also why they bounce - to take care of multiple enemies *behind* the target you’re attacking.

-Low base damage means nothing when you’re flooding the area with hundreds of arrows all dealing constant damage - in fact because of that I’d argue it’s too strong.

-As qwerty3.14 already went over, the spectre bars only offer armor for mages - everything else they offer is some form of utility or a set of wings. Exact same thing applies to Shroomite and Beetle Husks.

-This is actually the stage of the game bows shine in?? Tsunami and Eventide are some of the best weapons per their tier in the game, and Phantasm is easily better than Beater. (And Aerial Bane is broken to the same level as dart guns, but that doesn’t matter in this case because it doesn’t get the effects of special ammo)

Nah, aside from the absolutely stupid amount of projectiles creating lag and clutter, it’s pretty good.
Actually, I would imagined that the "bounce" you imagined is way different than what I imagined. I imagined the bounce is more like less bouncy than the bounce of pink slime blocks. I would say that one arrow would probably be able to stay for about 3 sec.

While this is an interesting concept, ectoplasm and Spectre bars are directly tied to the mage class. If it were Shroomite, though...

While this is an interesting concept, ectoplasm and Spectre bars are directly tied to the mage class. If it were Shroomite, though...
jungle armor being being magic doesn't stop jungle melee weapons from being a thing.
meteor armor doesn't stop meteor shots from being a thing.

spectre already has a bunch of items that aren't directly related to magic: tools, wings and paintbrushes.

Part of the reason for spectre arrows is to add a consumable to craft spectre bars out of, shroomite already has shroomite plating and mini nukes.

jungle armor being being magic doesn't stop jungle melee weapons from being a thing.
meteor armor doesn't stop meteor shots from being a thing.

spectre already has a bunch of items that aren't directly related to magic: tools, wings and paintbrushes.

Part of the reason for spectre arrows is to add a consumable to craft spectre bars out of, shroomite already has shroomite plating and mini nukes.
The tools and paintbrushes don’t apply to a class. They’re tools.
And besides, lots of players use Jungle Armor, regardless of their class

The tools and paintbrushes don’t apply to a class. They’re tools.
And besides, lots of players use Jungle Armor, regardless of their class

People use Jungle because they can rush it early. It’s still a mage class armor, with magic stat boosts and the such. If Necro were obtainable early (for example, in the drunk world seed) it would also get the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom