Items Spectre Arrow - arrows made from spectre bars

CursedSliver

Eater of Worlds
Spectre bars- a bar made from chlorophyte bars and ectoplasms. Unlike Shroomite bars, though, it has no consumable uses, and you cannot turn it back to chlorophyte bars either, which means once you crafted all of the items, the rest's are just going to waste. So I added a new arrow type to the spectre bars!

Spectre arrow
base damage: 8, I guess?
velocity: 3, x2 (luminite arrow's velocity)
can bounce up to 3 times on walls, however cannot smart bounce
when hitting an entity, it spits into 3 smaller arrows which spats out from behind that entity. each arrow can bounce 2 times and deals 50% of the main arrow's damage.
the three smaller arrows also functions like the main arrow, when hitting an entity, it spits into 3 even smaller arrows which spats out from behind that entity. This time, it deals 20% of the main arrow's damage and can also bounce 2 times.

1 spectre bar to make 150 spectre arrows

Adventage:
1. It can decimate crowds. I believe it's going to be a godsend in the moon events, as you can focus on the pumpkins/ice queens while dropping deadly arrows to rain on the ground enemies (miniture aerial bane)
2. It can also be useful when the bosses' stacked together, dealing massive damage without iframes.

Disadventages:
1. The amount of damage for the smallest arrows are usually around 10-15, and the amount of defense the enemies around that stage (aka moon events) usually renders the smallest arrows obsolute without defense pen. (but ichor exists)
2. The velocity's not really good at this tier, making it rather medium-ranged

Notes:
1. Unlike holy arrows, the smaller arrows does not hit the same entity twice often, making it fair, I guess
2. It is post-plantera, so you cannot possibly use it on your first destroyer.
3. It is, actually intended for use in moon events.
4. Not to be confused with Spectral arrows

Last edited:
The problem is that Spectre was made for mages, or users of mana if you call it like that. The weapons and armor you make with these bars are for mages, so it wouldn't make sense to make arrows with that because arrows are for rangers, that is, those that prefer using ranged weapons, like guns and bows and etc.

The problem is that Spectre was made for mages, or users of mana if you call it like that. The weapons and armor you make with these bars are for mages, so it wouldn't make sense to make arrows with that because arrows are for rangers, that is, those that prefer using ranged weapons, like guns and bows and etc.
Literally the only mage items made from spectre bars is the armor, there's still mining tools, wings and paintbrushes which aren't in any way biased towards mages.

spectre staff isn't crafted, and the drill containtment unit isn't magic in any way and it's useless thanks to explosives
Oh yeah, the staff is dropped by an enemy. But the Drill I was not talking about if it was magic or not. I was saying that it needs these bars to craft. And it is NOT useless!

1 Ectoplasm + Mythril Anvil = Spectre Arrow (100)

Also it can be Ghost Arrow, Ectoplasmic Arrow and Cold Arrow.

If we need an endgame use for Spectre Bars, I can think of nothing better than Echo Blocks. It's a little awkward that they're purchased from the Cyborg currently. Changing them to be crafted from a ghostly material makes a ton of thematic sense, and it doesn't even result in a tier shift.

If we need an endgame use for Spectre Bars, I can think of nothing better than Echo Blocks. It's a little awkward that they're purchased from the Cyborg currently. Changing them to be crafted from a ghostly material makes a ton of thematic sense, and it doesn't even result in a tier shift.
There's something that could be better than this: make Echo Blocks from Ectoplasm, because the spectre bars need Chlorophyte to craft, and you wouldn't want to mine this ore in the jungle just to make a block. Additionally, I think the chlorophyte ore doesn't have, nor should have anything to do with these blocks.

Back
Top Bottom