Sprites Spectre Sealant

You know. I thought of a solution to some of the more OPish sealants that you guys/me are suggesting. What if I add something else to the recipe for each sealant? The protective sealant could have five or ten Lihzahrd bricks added to it, and maybe a couple Luminite bars for the reflective sealant @Tastypastry suggested? The Lihzahrd bricks would be because they aren't, are weren't before 1.3, mineable by anything but the Picksaw. Plus the sealant is orange like the Lihzahrd bricks. The Luminite in the reflective one would be because the Luminite arrows ricochet.

Actually well I'm at it, I may as well add extra ingredients to the other ones. Vials of venom for the corrosive one maybe? I dunno for the mirage one. Souls of light I guess. Not sure. I don't really have any thoughts for the anti-hook one.

I would consider the biome blocking one from @Sigma90 if I could think of a suitable ingredient to add.

Tell me what you guys think.
I think adding more items to the recipes is a great idea. Like you say, it can balance the OP suggestions, opening up a far broader potential for more sealants.

As for the suggestion itself, I've always wanted something like this, and I think the spectre painting tools could use a few more reasons to exist. The concept of sealant rather than paint is great as well. It just seems to fit better. Also, perhaps there could be a sealant crafted partially with luminite that would block portals from the portal gun? Maybe it seems a little excessive to have an entire item for such a small amount of use, but it would be wonderful for portal-themed adventure maps, and improving adventure maps seems to be the aim here.

I think adding more items to the recipes is a great idea. Like you say, it can balance the OP suggestions, opening up a far broader potential for more sealants.

As for the suggestion itself, I've always wanted something like this, and I think the spectre painting tools could use a few more reasons to exist. The concept of sealant rather than paint is great as well. It just seems to fit better. Also, perhaps there could be a sealant crafted partially with luminite that would block portals from the portal gun? Maybe it seems a little excessive to have an entire item for such a small amount of use, but it would be wonderful for portal-themed adventure maps, and improving adventure maps seems to be the aim here.
The slick sealant could also prevent portal shooting.

I like that idea.

Dontknow if anyone else already said this, but thereshould be a way to see if blocks are painted. The paint should be visible when holding a painting item, and perhaps with a certain accessory on?

Dontknow if anyone else already said this, but thereshould be a way to see if blocks are painted. The paint should be visible when holding a painting item, and perhaps with a certain accessory on?
Hmm... I totally didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out. I think I'll have it so that if you're holding a spectre sealant related item, spectre sealant or spectre related painting tool, then it'll will be visible on blocks as a glow the same color as the as the sealant on the block. This glow would look similar to that of the spelunker potion. Also, possibly in addition to, there could be an accessory that allows you to see it all the time. "Spectral Eye" could be its name perhaps?

Made a couple big changes based on some feedback. I've quoted both the feedback comments and my revisions to the thread.

How about Purity Sealant? It prevents Hallow, Crimson or Corruption spreading into the painted block. Could be useful if you want to keep the biomes at bay without needing to dig large tunnels or place down non-corruptable blocks.
Crafting recipe: Ectoplasm x1 + Deep Cyan Paint x20 = Purity Sealant x20
Purity Sealant
egGV1kK.png

• Type: Consumable
  • Sells for 2
    Silver_Coin.png
    Copper_Coin.png
  • Special Attribute: Any blocks sealed with this will prevent the spread of any biome.
  • Notes: @Sigma90 was actually the one to come up with this one.
divider.png

Also, perhaps there could be a sealant crafted partially with luminite that would block portals from the portal gun? Maybe it seems a little excessive to have an entire item for such a small amount of use, but it would be wonderful for portal-themed adventure maps, and improving adventure maps seems to be the aim here.
The slick sealant could also prevent portal shooting.
If something is sealed with this, then hooks cannot attach to it, and portals from the Portal Gun will not be able to be made on blocks sealed by this.

Also added a view minor revisions, also based on some helpful feedback.

And these should all be crafted at the dye vat.
Crafting Station
Dye_Vat.png
Dye Vat
divider.png

For simplicity, lets leave interaction with Ice Skates or any other footwear out of it. If you fall on it, you break it. You break it, you bought it.
Equipping ice skates will not affect your interaction with blocks sealed with this.
divider.png

Maybe smooth sealant? Because smooth things should be hard to grapple onto.
Smooth Sealant
UgiUwZD.png

I also changed the corrosive sealant to using deep lime paint instead of deep green paint so that the purity sealant could use deep green. The sprite was also changed as a result of that.

Old corrosive sealant sprite:
sJ6OFgc.png

New corrosive sealant sprite:
ARcwdJv.png

Purity sealant sprite:
egGV1kK.png

divider.png

A couple other suggestions from the comments are still in consideration. Probably @Tastypastry 's idea for a reflective sealant would be up next.

Last edited:
Deep Green Paint works better than Deep Cyan Paint for a Purity Sealant. I can't remember why I originally said Cyan. But since Green matches the purifying solution, Green us definitely more suitable.

Deep Green Paint works better than Deep Cyan Paint for a Purity Sealant. I can't remember why I originally said Cyan. But since Green matches the purifying solution, Green us definitely more suitable.
Green was already taken for the corrosive sealant at the time. I changed the corrosive sealant to using lime instead so that the purity one could use green.

Last edited:
Really nice idea! I like this alot, the protective sealant seems op like ppl said, but still an amazing idea nonetheless, also. When reading one of these i sort of guessed what it would do before reading and i guessed that it would prevend corruption/crimson from spreading but it turned out to be the last sealant lol

I made the sprite for this nearly five months ago, but just forgot to add it. Here it is though, the Spectral Lens:
Spectral Lens
RC1uqRv.png

• Type: Accessory
  • Sells for 2
    Gold_Coin.png
  • Ability: Allows you to see where spectre sealant is without holding a spectral painting tool.
  • Notes: This idea was suggested, in part, by @RealSaucer.
Original suggestion:

Last edited:
This is so awesome! I really hope this gets added into the game I think this would fit perfectly for the creative mode part of the game cuz I don't see this being useful for survival. But being a map creator this would be amazing.

This is so awesome! I really hope this gets added into the game I think this would fit perfectly for the creative mode part of the game cuz I don't see this being useful for survival. But being a map creator this would be amazing.
Yeah, I couldn't think of any real survival use for this stuff, which is kind of a problem, but yes, for a map creator it would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom