Weapons & Equip Spitwad: NPC affecting weapon.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
The Spitwad is a weapon that is made from dropping a Blowpipe in a pool of Shimmer. It is a weapon that is considered "ranged", but consumes no ammo. It resembles a plastic straw.

Using the Spitwad shoots a small, weak white pellet that is implied to be chewed up paper bits. It is able to affect NPCs and deal very light damage, at around 5 damage per shot without any bonuses. It has no knockback either.

The fire rate is kind of slow, but because it lacks any ammo, the Spitwad can be used to kill NPCs cheaply, especially if you use bonuses.

Because the Spitwad lacks any knockback, its best modifier is Demonic.

Last edited:
Isn't getting Seeds for the Blowpipe like, extremely easy? Grass is literally everywhere. And even then, what's the point of using it as a weapon, if it seems more like being a "toy" item? I think it should be a harmless toy item, that is obtained on some way that doesn't involve Shimmering because that should only be used for truly unique stuff.

Maybe a random drop during Windy Days or something? It sounds like it'd fit there to me, maybe because of all the balloons and kites giving childish vibes, and a thing such as a spitball gun does definitely fit such a vibe.

Isn't getting Seeds for the Blowpipe like, extremely easy? Grass is literally everywhere. And even then, what's the point of using it as a weapon, if it seems more like being a "toy" item? I think it should be a harmless toy item, that is obtained on some way that doesn't involve Shimmering because that should only be used for truly unique stuff.

Maybe a random drop during Windy Days or something? It sounds like it'd fit there to me, maybe because of all the balloons and kites giving childish vibes, and a thing such as a spitball gun does definitely fit such a vibe.
Cool idea. Heh

The Spitwad is a weapon that is made from dropping a Blowpipe in a pool of Shimmer. It is a weapon that is considered "ranged", but consumes no ammo. It resembles a plastic straw.

Using the Spitwad shoots a small, weak white pellet that is implied to be chewed up paper bits. It is able to affect NPCs and deal very light damage, at around 5 damage per shot without any bonuses. It has no knockback either.

The fire rate is kind of slow, but because it lacks any ammo, the Spitwad can be used to kill NPCs cheaply, especially if you use bonuses.

Because the Spitwad lacks any knockback, its best modifier is Demonic.
No.

It's extremely disrespectful to be spat upon and dangerous in some cases. This is not juvenile elementary School. Not only that it should do no damage generally speaking except calls the NPCs to attack you in force. LOL

There's a Melee way to kill npc

Why not add also a Range way, or even Sum and Mage way, to do it?
Weapon class has absolutely nothing to do with this. All that matters is that we have an easy way to damage NPCs if we need to. And my point wasn't about the class of the weapon; it was about Flymeal being faster and easier to obtain than the suggested weapon.

Weapon class has absolutely nothing to do with this. All that matters is that we have an easy way to damage NPCs if we need to. And my point wasn't about the class of the weapon; it was about Flymeal being faster and easier to obtain than the suggested weapon.

Ah..ok..

Hmm..

Maybe it could be gotten from the Windy Day then, like the other person suggested.

It's extremely disrespectful to be spat upon and dangerous in some cases.
You can literally make houses out of poop and force a villager to live in it. I don't see how a paper spitball is remotely close to that.
1712338788219.png

Back
Top Bottom