Game Mechanics Split the paint and coating.

XORandom

Terrarian
TLDR: LMB on the paintbrush and roller — use paint, RMB — use coating.

LMB scraper— remove the paint, RMB — remove the coating.

Optional: simultaneous pressing of both buttons — removal of /placement both paint and coating.

---

Good day. As can be understood from the title and brief description, I would like to separate the placement/removal of paint and coating in the Terraria.

The purpose of this suggestion is to make the use of paint simultaneously with the coating more convenient.

Most of the time I spend in the game, I am engaged in building. And the current method of placing the coating leads to the fact that it is used last, because every time you want to remove a color from a block or object, you will also remove the coating. Also, if you do not like how, for example, the illuminant coating looks for your building and you want to change its location, you will have to erase not only the coating, but also the paint from the blocks.

Therefore, I would like to offer a solution that will greatly facilitate the work with paints and coatings for builders.

I had several ideas how this could be implemented using existing mechanics:
- For example by making a switch on the instruments, which would resemble in its principle a Shellphone, a void bag, etc.
- Or switching modes similar to the Great Design.

However, such methods would not be very convenient in practice. Therefore, the only option that would simplify the work, and not complicate the following:

The left mouse button on the roller and brush is responsible for the use of paint, the right mouse button is responsible for the use of coating.

Similarly for a scraper, only it removes either the paint or the coating.

The procedure for using paint and coating is similar to the existing one: the first can of paint and the first can of coating in the inventory.

---

I really hope that the developers of the game will see this proposal and they will have enough time to add it.🙏

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom