Spore Skeletons not spawning

ED209

Plantera
Hi,

I've built a farm to get the new 1.4 banners and I can't get the Spore Skeletons to spawn. I've met all the criteria according to the wiki, and I've had three Spore Bat banners.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Could you show a pic?
It's just a standard spawning platform of mushroom grass, and it's a true mushroom biome as the music and background are mushroom. As I said, the spore bats are spawning, so, according to the wiki, I should be getting them.

It's just a standard spawning platform of mushroom grass, and it's a true mushroom biome as the music and background are mushroom. As I said, the spore bats are spawning, so, according to the wiki, I should be getting them.
The picture would still help us see what your setup is like conpletely

Do you have enough mushroom grass in the area? I believe you need at least 100, not just a small bit to stand on. Also, are you definitely underground enough?

I believe you need at least 100
As I said, I did everything the wiki says, including that.
Also, are you definitely underground enough?
I've tried it on three different levels:
  • Just below underground, where red & yellow slimes appear
  • The upper half of the cavern layer
  • The lower half of the cavern layer (AKA the "lava layer") where Tim & Rune Wizards appear.
Could you show a pic?

The picture would still help us see what your setup is like conpletely
As described:
1623599065158.png

The current tally is 1157 Spore Bats & 26 Spore Skeletons, but I can't see where I killed them.

I would say most likely just use my the regular mushroom biome is better, but I think they aren’t spawning because you have everything on screen
Don’t know the exact reason because I don’t play pc much…(time limit sucks)

regular mushroom biome is better
That counts as a regular mushroom biome; it's got over 100 tiles of mushroom grass, as you can see from the background, and they've got mushroom grass to spawn on.
because you have everything on screen
I took that while holding the sniper rifle; the spawn surface is usually out of sight, otherwise I'd be getting zero spawns. Plus, I've already said that I'm getting other mobs, including the 1157 Spore Bats.

Did other mobs spawn? Bats are sometimes weird in a sense that they can spawn without its respective grass,
The only things that aren't spawning are Spore Skeletons and Spore Zombies (which spawn at any layer since 1.4). Everything else you'd expect to find in a natural mushroom biome is spawning as they should.

Hmm have you tried a different set up? It might be that your set up isn’t set up 100% correctly or something
I've used this method for years; in the past it's gotten me tonnes of rare banner such as Nymphs & Rune Wizards as well as drops like the RoD. The only time I've had to tqeak it is when 1.3.4 came out and the sandstorm mobs didn't spawn as they need to spawn either side of the player (I'm assuming it's something to do with their speed).

I'd be surprised if this were the case here though.

I've used this method for years; in the past it's gotten me tonnes of rare banner such as Nymphs & Rune Wizards as well as drops like the RoD. The only time I've had to tqeak it is when 1.3.4 came out and the sandstorm mobs didn't spawn as they need to spawn either side of the player (I'm assuming it's something to do with their speed).

I'd be surprised if this were the case here though.
Well 1.4 did change stuff a lot so I would try changing it just to make sure

I have no idea why but you might have to do something to make them spawn on the left and right.
The problem with that is the mobs are too spread out; the current layout condenses them into a small area so the minions can kill them all very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom