Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Sky Biome Expansion

I would like to suggest something to your suggestion:

since there's an underworld and there are demons there...maybe the sky biome should have angels as an opposite

I would like to suggest something to your suggestion:

since there's an underworld and there are demons there...maybe the sky biome should have angels as an opposite
That seems like a thing for the hallow. Though there was an excellent suggestion making the islands start off hallowed so...
Maybe if there is hallowed land in the sky.

Funny seeing those above 2 comments now, a certain flying island alt comes to mind now.

In any case while this was going to the later pages of the biomes and nature section I have been adding tons of sprites, Especially the ones by Pinelord. The sprites are mostly for the enemies, though a couple weapon sprites were added as well.

In any case I am planning to add an altered version of the wyvern rod from the other thread as a summoner biome chest weapon. Before you ask, no it will not allow you to have an army of wyverns.

I think this is a really great Idea! I love all the sprites! And I'm really liking the new harpies, (including the NPC) and the armored wyvern. :) As a gun lover though, A gun (In my opinion) would be an awesome addition. Maybe a Gun that shoots the Metal talons that drops from the Harpy warrior. And it has a pierce affect. For fighting that there armored wyvern :)

Oh how did I forget about guns, I won't make it launch razor talons however. I'll think of something, thanks for the idea.

For a time I thought of a set of wings as a melee or magic weapon that flings feathers.

Attention everyone, I will be adding the following information for now.
Environment: Vessel Clouds

AI: Fighter AI, Flying AI

Health: 150

Damage: 30

Defense: 10

Knockback Resist: 50%

Drops:

10% Grapple Booster

10% Glider

If they become aggressive toward you they will glide toward you and continue attacking if you leave the water. Unlike you they can glide forever.

Grapple Booster - Accessory

Your grappling hooks automatically unattach themselves when you are within 2 blocks of it. In addition the speed that the grappling hook retracts at is increased.

Glider - Accessory

This provides an interesting form of flight, you can angle the glider 45° in either direction with the up and down arrow keys (or w and s, I haven't played the computer version for a long time). If you angle it upwards you lose speed rapidly but you also gain height. If you angle it downwards you gain speed at the cost of height. You take damage if you impact something too quickly, you can slow yourself down pretty easily if you are paying attention.

It wouldn't be complete without a tinker.

Grapple Booster + Glider = Advanced Gliding Gear

It combines the effects of the two accessories. It allows you to take flight quickly or sustain it if you're skilled enough. Your glider automatically deploys when your hook releases.

Now for something really fun.

Raptor Gear

Advanced gliding gear

Osprey talon

Razor Talons

Your grappling hook now gets detached when your hook is completely retracted, this also deploys the glider. In addition the retraction speed is ridiculously fast and your hook can grapple onto enemies. The razor talons deal double damage to enemies that cannot harm you due to the brief damage negation of the osprey talon. With quick reflexes this allows for some crazy hit and run tactics.

@Baconfry came up with the osprey talon item, it is in the thread below.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/titan-slayer-gear.12899/

@AntithesisEK provided the idea for a sky merman, I thought of the gear. I haven't added his other suggestions yet due to laziness on my part.

Loving the Just Cause reference with the glider. Glad to see this thread keeps on getting updated and improved!
In all honesty all I played was the demo. It seemed like an interesting mechanic to use for the glider so I did.

I continue to update this because it is my best suggestion and expanding upon it is fun for me.

Edit: that wasn't supposed to be n

Last edited:
oh one other comment could wyrvern armor be used to craft sunplate blocks? currently they are a material for sunplate furniture but there is no way to craft the blocks themselves...

edit as there is precedent perhaps some cloud based enemies could be added as well? right now the enemies are dominated by harpies and wyrverns the two existing enemies also don't forget the biomes slime enemy :)

oh one other comment could wyrvern armor be used to craft sunplate blocks? currently they are a material for sunplate furniture but there is no way to craft the blocks themselves...
Actually I have them being sold by the harpy NPC for 25 copper a piece right now.

Harpy NPC right? I used a female character as a base for her. Yes, I am aware that they are all female. I can change it if wanted. I think it looks male simply because of a flat chest though right? I sprited feathers over it because well... never mind I don't find it necessary to explain.

ok sorry never mind (kind of reminded me of the painter) also probably because she looks so different than the other harpies then again they don't necessarily look like something you would want in your house so...

Back
Top Bottom