NPCs & Enemies (Sprites) Underworld Mimic

Cjslick

Terrarian
So you want me to go back to the underworld in hardmode for a good reason, huh? Well, why not an Underworld Mimic with good drops?

The Underworld: The Penultimate Mimic
Well, it's the freakin' underworld, sh*t, every single badguy should be as difficult as fighting 2 moon lords with Bladed Gloves and Turtle Armor (Probably a bit extreme, but I digress... I hope someone tries to do this tho, I would praise them forever.)

So let's make our friend here the mimic to be worshipped amongst all:
67CTT2E.png

HP: 4000 (8500 Expert)
Defense: 40
Attack: 115, 35 (Fireballs) (130, 50 Expert)
KB Res: 90% (91% Expert)

The only thing differing about this mimic from other biome mimics is that while invulnerable, it will shoot a volley fireballs at the player (similar to those from the Fire Flower). In expert mode any enhancements to mimics will be reatined in this one, except fireballs are shot more rapidly and in excess.

Drops:
Gold_Coin.png
Greater_Healing_Potion.png
/
Greater_Mana_Potion.png
10-15(100%)
6piXXwk.png
(25%)
jmKJoox.png
(25%)
tpj77b5.png
(25%)
rGIRLTT.png
(25%)

Masamune: (Sprite by @SpiritInfinity)
6piXXwk.png

57 Melee Damage
18% Critical Strike chance
Weak Knockback
Very fast speed (Auto-Swings)
Perfected Katana forged in Hellfire

Upgraded Muramasa for Hardmode usage, purely just another way to get a decent sword in hardmode.

Dragon's Breath:
jmKJoox.png

24/90 Ranged Damage
4% Critical Strike chance
Average Knockback
Average Speed
Open Fire just got a whole new meaning.

Can consume either bullets or gel, if it consumes bullets it fires like a shotgun, dealing damage in a spread, but if it consumes gel, it will shoot flames like the flamethrower, but it has 2/3 of the range.

Eruption:
tpj77b5.png

56 Magic Damage
4% Critical Strike chance
Strong Knockback
Slow Speed
Costs 30 Mana
Summons lava spouts to surround player for a few seconds.

Play a wicked awesome guitar solo to summon eruptions of fire from the ground around your player. It's useful for when you're being surrounded on the ground by hordes of enemies, and knocks them away so you can focus on dealing more damage. Btw, 10 points to anyone who gets the reference.

Magma Crest:
rGIRLTT.png

(Accessory) Doubles any modifier placed on this emblem.

Trying to replace that accessory that just doesn't provide the buff you want? Replace it with this beautiful emblem, but be warned, it doesn't do anything other accessories can... unless...

Possible Upgraded Equipment:
I think because you've defeated the biggest and baddest mimic of them all, you deserve some progression through crafting.

Zanmato:
FJttS6Z.png

78 Melee Damage
18% Critical Strike chance
Average Knockback
Insanely fast speed (Auto-swings)
Fires sword beams in the direction of the user.
Crafted at Autohammer (Needs to be post plantera somehow)
Muramasa.png
+
6piXXwk.png
+
Broken_Hero_Sword.png

This sword fires draw slashes initially 3 blocks tall but expands to 12 blocks over a distance of 15 blocks, and does not break in collisions with walls. While seemingly overpowered, it only fires the projectile in the direction the user faces.

Crest Upgrades:
Obviously everbody wants something better than the Magma Crest, as it's only as good as the modifier you put on it, so here's how to make it a universally purposeful accessory.

Solar, Vortex, Nebula and Stardust Crests: (Suggested by @MorningSTAR-αΩ)
AYzH2I0.png

Triples Defense and Melee Speed modifiers on this emblem.
CMXKlfE.png

Triples Critical Strike chance modifiers on this emblem. Decreases bullet spread from less accurate weapons.
O7DJB0j.png

Triples Mana Increase and Movement speed modifiers on this emblem.
f7nwwXj.png

Triples Damage modifiers on this emblem. Increases your maximum number of minions.

Each Crest above is crafted with:
rGIRLTT.png
+ (20)
Solar_Fragment.png
/
Vortex_Fragment.png
/
Nebula_Fragment.png
/
Stardust_Fragment.png

Lunar Crest:
6jtmZHO.png

(Accessory) Doubles the modifiers on all equipped accessories.
Crafted at Ancient Manipulator
AYzH2I0.png
+
CMXKlfE.png
+
O7DJB0j.png
+
f7nwwXj.png
+ (30)
Luminite_Bar.png

Imagine a world where you can wear hallowed armor and still be able to put up a fight against the menacing Duke Fishron, be able to use magic for an eternity, or break the sound barrier either in agility or dexterity. This fantasy can come true, only if you give up an accessory slot for it. Isn't griding great?

Conclusion:
Well, that's it really. All sprites not found currently in the game are made by yours truly. I kept it simple, but made each of these weapons something unique (or atleast tried to). If maybe you have any ideas to add onto the mimic (for example a hook, mount, pet etc.) just post it here! I've worked a total of 8 hours on this suggestion (including sprites, of course), so your comments, support and criticisms are always welcomed.

While a small suggestion, I sure did put some effort into it.

Last edited:
I resprited Dragon's Breath a bit (I'm new to spriting) thanks for the sprite I resprited :) Also I support this idea - here's what I did with the sprite.
XDEv5Hs.png

Edit: It's pretty hard to see, I just added an outline. Look a it in a image-editing program or photo viewer you'll see the changes.

Last edited:
I resprited Dragon's Breath a bit (I'm new to spriting) thanks for the sprite I resprited :) Also I support this idea - here's what I did with the sprite.
XDEv5Hs.png

Edit: It's pretty hard to see, I just added an outline. Look a it in a image-editing program or photo viewer you'll see the changes.

I could see it just fine! I'll incorperate your edit into the most recent version of the sprite.

What program do you use to sprite?

I use Paint.NET, it's a lot easier for me to pallete and find better shades in my sprites. Also I have about a years worth of experience, not a lot, but enough. Each of these sprites took almost an hour each to perfect, and they still need edits.

I use Paint.NET, it's a lot easier for me to pallete and find better shades in my sprites. Also I have about a years worth of experience, not a lot, but enough. Each of these sprites took almost an hour each to perfect, and they still need edits.
Agh, I run Mac :mad:

But we already have the Shadow Chest Mimics...
Cool idea, I feel the other mimics are a bit underwhelming, only Stormbow, Fetid and Dart Pistol are the good weapons.

This would be a nice addition to the game, but first we need to fix the Jungle Mimic before adding more (IMO).

Regarding the Lunar Crest I think the crafting progression should be longer. and that the Molten Crest should be crafted into 4 different crests before making the Lunar Crest.

I also think the Crest should be merged with other assessories. If you want I can try my hand at spriting those with Gimp

But we already have the Shadow Chest Mimics...
Cool idea, I feel the other mimics are a bit underwhelming, only Stormbow, Fetid and Dart Pistol are the good weapons.

This would be a nice addition to the game, but first we need to fix the Jungle Mimic before adding more (IMO).

I was going to add a way to implement the Jungle Mimic, seeing that it should be as hard as the Underworld, since both areas are relatively sparse as far as challenge is concerned in late hardmode.

Regarding the Lunar Crest I think the crafting progression should be longer. and that the Molten Crest should be crafted into 4 different crests before making the Lunar Crest.

I also think the Crest should be merged with other assessories. If you want I can try my hand at spriting those with Gimp

I LOVE the idea of making this something worth progression, and I have an idea about how to go about that. No need to do the spriting work, I think I can make them work just fine.

That guitar is beyond awesome. Everything sounds really cool, I like the crest a lot. Support :p

Ah, but you need to know the reference in order to get the points! :p

I LOVE the idea of making this something worth progression, and I have an idea about how to go about that. No need to do the spriting work, I think I can make them work just fine.

Okay then
3KRbrcQ.png
but just In case I should post my idea on how the steps between the Molten and Lunar crests should work

first off there should be 4 chests made by using the Fragments
tZxoB62.png
NoJXxdQ.png
yLIVjjt.png
gjbkSZX.png
one for each class and doubling only two bonuses.

tZxoB62.png
Nebula Crest: Doubles Mana Increase and the decrease of Mana cost from modifiers
NoJXxdQ.png
Solar Crest: Doubles Damage and Melee Speed from modifiers
gjbkSZX.png
Vortex Crest: Doubles Velocity and Movement Speed from Modifiers
yLIVjjt.png
Stardust Crest: Doubles Defense and Knockback from modifiers

(NOTE: I do not advise making the spites look like the pillars, those custom emotes were for reference)

The Lunar Crest should also be crafted with other accessories and add their effects to them (like the Ankh Shield) if you want, but after looking at the OP again I think that might too well...OP

I'm not too sure about any of the other stuff, but that Molten Crest is a great idea, if it works the way i think.

Basically, it does nothing on its own, but if you get a Modifier on it or apply one through Reforging, it doubles that modifier, right?

Okay then
3KRbrcQ.png
but just In case I should post my idea on how the steps between the Molten and Lunar crests should work

first off there should be 4 chests made by using the Fragments
tZxoB62.png
NoJXxdQ.png
yLIVjjt.png
gjbkSZX.png
one for each class and doubling only two bonuses.

tZxoB62.png
Nebula Crest: Doubles Mana Increase and the decrease of Mana cost from modifiers
NoJXxdQ.png
Solar Crest: Doubles Damage and Melee Speed from modifiers
gjbkSZX.png
Vortex Crest: Doubles Velocity and Movement Speed from Modifiers
yLIVjjt.png
Stardust Crest: Doubles Defense and Knockback from modifiers

(NOTE: I do not advise making the spites look like the pillars, those custom emotes were for reference)

The Lunar Crest should also be crafted with other accessories and add their effects to them (like the Ankh Shield) if you want, but after looking at the OP again I think that might too well...OP

This is exactly what I planned to do. :D

Except I'd triple it, because it takes away the effects of other modifiers, but yeah. Of course you'll be accredited with helping me on this, too. :)

I'm not too sure about any of the other stuff, but that Molten Crest is a great idea, if it works the way i think.

Basically, it does nothing on its own, but if you get a Modifier on it or apply one through Reforging, it doubles that modifier, right?

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom