NPCs & Enemies (Sprites) Underworld Mimic

I resprited the Masamune, thanks again for the sprite to meddle with ;)
1HGH4vz.png
I think masamune should look Japanese-y like the suggested sprite, but at the same time have the fire theme of your sprite. Maybe reach harmony between both sprites.

I think masamune should look Japanese-y like the suggested sprite, but at the same time have the fire theme of your sprite. Maybe reach harmony between both sprites.
Hold on. I have an idea. To GIMP!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438271603,1438271108][/DOUBLEPOST]Darn. Forgot something, nearly done though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438271696][/DOUBLEPOST]
dwO4XAK.png
There ya go :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438271713][/DOUBLEPOST]Better?

This is a really cool suggestion! There's one thing however that feels a bit off: which is having to craft all 4 lunar crests to make the luminite one. What I suggest is making all 4 variants upgradable to a luminite one. There's no point in making the player grind the mimics after the pillar event.

I also made this version, I cannot decide which is better.
6piXXwk.png

We have a winner!

This is a really cool suggestion! There's one thing however that feels a bit off: which is having to craft all 4 lunar crests to make the luminite one. What I suggest is making all 4 variants upgradable to a luminite one. There's no point in making the player grind the mimics after the pillar event.

Understandable, but if you think about it, the Lunar Crest is the penultimate accessory, as all modifiers are doubled, you can literally have all modifiers x10 if you use nothing but lunar crests. So farming for crests isn't pointless, it's to pervent a player from acumulating a dominant strategy too quickly and too early.

It is good idea, but the weapons are little overpowered. :)

Okay, but in what way? I mean we're talking about a rare Mimic, that you can't spawn through the use of souls, found in the underworld. I just need a little more information.

I mean that these weapons are just a little OP for a Mimic. I know it is rare and hard to kill, but this isn't boss. It is just a rare Mimic. :)

I mean that these weapons are just a little OP for a Mimic. I know it is rare and hard to kill, but this isn't boss. It is just a rare Mimic. :)
It's a miniboss :D The few other minibosses in the game drop overpowered items as well, such as the paladin which drops pally hammer and pallyshield. But I guess the sword upgrade could have a little less damage, looking at how easy it would be to hit enemies with those gigantic swordbeams.

This is an amazing idea. I hate that the current shadow mimics do not have any unique drops, so i think this would be an awesome change!

Eruption reminds me of Demyx's sitar as far as functionality goes or that guitar-weapon from Devil May Cry 3. I can't think of any fire-related guitars, though...
Anyhow, I like the concept. Underworld is boring as it is now and this would bring some reason to go back there in Hardmode. (No, Unholy Trident is not a reason enough, in my opinion it's pretty underwhelming compared to Golden Shower, Nimbus Rod and Flower of Frost if you want to go the single big hit-route.)

The only thing I'm raising my eyebrow a bit over is Zanmato's name, as it's not an actual legendary or real sword but a pun on an another fictional type of sword. Still, the name works considering the origin of Masamune in this suggestion and Muramasa since it translates out to "Demon-Cutting Sword".

Support for guitar and gun, But the emblems seem a little wierd... Considering mana, movement and melee speed buffs are used less than copper broadsword in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom