Starbound Thread

I have spent quite some time with Starbound (~ 100 hours) and I had a lot of fun before it started to get boring. I am really looking forward to the announced update and am definitely going to play it again.

I can understand everyone who is upset with the developers for various good reasons, but I myself have to admit I am not really disappointed whatsoever. I have spent more money on things that proved to be less value. I see my money well invested, even if I consider only the amount of time I have spent in this game so far. And as the development is not yet finished I am sure there are plenty of more hours I will spend exploring the Starbound-Universe once said update(s) hit.

S'alright. I played Starbound, thought it was terrible, downloaded some mods, became a decent game, albeit buggy and broken, decided to PM a mod with suggestions, got swore at, then banned.

Staff of Starbound ARE human trash. Probably the kids that got bullied and instead of being hardened and compassionate due to that experience became :red:tards that can't control themselves and cream everywhere whenever they have power.

So I asked for a refund.

This gif explains their position of refunds..

tumblr_inline_nd70idGAnz1sjc0eb.gif

++EDIT++
I'll add that the modders did a BETTER job than Tiys boys, and they did it faster. I believe its the s3r10us mod pack for Starbound? Tabula Rasa and the ship building and all the added items and shtuff.. Tiy leaving the Terraria crew seems a good thing.

Last edited:
Did they let you refund? I've heard there were a lot of people who weren't allowed to refund, and I'm not sure if they were even given a reason as to why.

Did they let you refund? I've heard there were a lot of people who weren't allowed to refund, and I'm not sure if they were even given a reason as to why.

Nope. Thought the nipple rubbing was a dead giveaway but, eh.

Starbounds devs and mods They say they'll refund you and direct you to chucklefish, all well and good, but when you go to chucklefish, they dig their heels in. You'll never see it again. Shoddy and pretty dodgy (in legal terms) business practices.

S'alright. I played Starbound, thought it was terrible, downloaded some mods, became a decent game, albeit buggy and broken, decided to PM a mod with suggestions, got swore at, then banned.

Staff of Starbound ARE human trash. Probably the kids that got bullied and instead of being hardened and compassionate due to that experience became :red:tards that can't control themselves and cream everywhere whenever they have power.

So I asked for a refund.

This gif explains their position of refunds..

tumblr_inline_nd70idGAnz1sjc0eb.gif

++EDIT++
I'll add that the modders did a BETTER job than Tiys boys, and they did it faster. I believe its the s3r10us mod pack for Starbound? Tabula Rasa and the ship building and all the added items and shtuff.. Tiy leaving the Terraria crew seems a good thing.

Which moderator was it that swore at you, then banned you?

Did you get a screenshot of the incident?

The only decent moderator they had was Ghostar, who eventually quit after getting fed up with their :red:. Your never going to see fairness of any kind there from now on.

Starbound eh?

Since I've brought it in September I've only been able to get a good 27 hours of gameplay in but from what it seems, there are some major stuff that i'd change starting with everything costing pixels, the difficulty curve doubling with every tier and how annoying poisonous water is but that's it. For me it's pretty fun to play a few minutes here and there, sure it has it's flaws and the combat system isn't that much different from Terraria's except for the energy/ammo thing which is slightly annoying. It gives the original feel of Terraria when I started playing that.

Don't be too harsh on them. They're just managing the forums by the rules of their North Korean Forum Handbook - How To Have A Solid Grip On And Keep Control Of Lesser Human Beings.

I'm quite annoyed with them as well. They keep adding worthless stuff to the game, constantly pushing a decent release away. It's been ages since I read about the starships being upgradeable and recently thought: Let's check out the results. I downloaded the game again, stuff's STILL not implemented. What the hell are they doing in their office all day? Master bait? Exactly how sticky is your keyboard, Tiy?
So I started doing the quests in that game. Quests ended after the UFO boss. It was like that last year!
They REALLY need to get their act together. I wish someone could grab them by the hair and smashed their heads together until they apologized and promised to stop their nonsense and finish a decent build.

You posted twice, in a polite manner, didnt fight people or anything. Got banned silently. This should speak volumes about what Chucklefish and its employees are like.

As if the already existing evidence of criminal behaviour, stolen assets, exceptionally poor management, and so forth wasn't enough already.

You posted twice, in a polite manner, didnt fight people or anything. Got banned silently. This should speak volumes about what Chucklefish and its employees are like.

As if the already existing evidence of criminal behaviour, stolen assets, exceptionally poor management, and so forth wasn't enough already.
I posted about 5 times actually, and tried very hard to be as reasonable as possible. Still banned for speaking out.

EDit: Wait, stolen assets? What did they steal?

Oh wait, I just realized they deleted all but two of my posts in that thread! :red:ers!

They can't allow even a drop of dissent, but we know. The most upvoted comment on their stupid new trailer called them out for their lies.

lol at my 404th post being on Starbound. That alone says everything.

Im pretty sure it was the rabbit and some other stuff Tiy sprited. I'd have to find that post of Cenx's and reread it.

I watched the trailer again and it actually looks pretty fun. I'm not convinced until I play it though. If there's one thing I know, it's that :red:lefish has a history of showing off things that look good but then you find out they've just laid icing on a turd.

Back
Top Bottom