Biomes & Nature Stop Auto-Generating Hallow In My Jungle!

SpiritInfinity

Skeletron Prime
Nearly every time I change a world to hardmode the hallow generates inside the jungle so I have to scavenge for halowed blocks then create a contained one somewhere. This problem is even worse in 1.3 when I want to fight the destroyer with the Daedalus Stormbow I have to create a artificial hallow and wait tediously for it to spread. Is there any way this could be changed?

If you think this should or shouldn't be added leave a comment on what you think :)

In the future, right before your Wall of Flesh fights, you could make a long line of stone and/or dirt blocks (with grass) over your surface jungle biome. Then, if the Hallow spreads in that direction, at least part of that line should form a surface Hallow biome to start off with (and with Pixie Dust & Hallowed Seeds from the Dryad you can make holy water to spread Hallow elsewhere). You could also replicate this strategy in the cavern layer of the jungle, but it'd take a bit more effort and care.

I know this isn't ideal, but I doubt a foolproof solution could be made in a reasonable amount of time.

In the future, right before your Wall of Flesh fights, you could make a long line of stone and/or dirt blocks (with grass) over your surface jungle biome. Then, if the Hallow spreads in that direction, at least part of that line should form a surface Hallow biome to start off with (and with Pixie Dust & Hallowed Seeds from the Dryad you can make holy water to spread Hallow elsewhere). You could also replicate this strategy in the cavern layer of the jungle, but it'd take a bit more effort and care.

I know this isn't ideal, but I doubt a foolproof solution could be made in a reasonable amount of time.
Maybe there could be an option to turn this off? It isn't very good for speedruns.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438160685,1438160670][/DOUBLEPOST]

Maybe there could be an option to turn this off? It isn't very good for speedruns.

Just be glad the corruption or crimson didn't crash its way through your jungle.
This. Been there, done that, I now have a world with a mostly-Crimson jungle. And if you saw my post in one of the other threads, you already know I am NOT happy about that.

Nonetheless, it'd be nice if the game was a bit more discriminate in terms of where it puts the stripes.

Do the stripes spawn from the place the WoF died or the center of the world?
Neither. They tend to be centered more or less around the center, but can be shifted east or west a little ways. You can get a V, an X, or a \/ that doesn't meet at the bottom. In my hardmode world the Hallow is shifted a little east and the Crimson shifted considerably more toward the west — enough so there's a sizable gap where they meet the Underworld.

They definitely don't center around where you beat the WoF. I started at the western limit of the map because I didn't realize it would be so quick and easy (I over-prepared).

[edit] Oh, and they continue right up into space. One of my Floating Islands is now a Floating… well, a Floating Abattoir. Ick.

Back
Top Bottom