Storage Area Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Terrarian
I just got my newest character into hardmode, so I decided it was time to expand my storage area. Click here for a photo. I would like about twenty barrels, but also some decorative items in it. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to do this and still be space efficient.

I use multiple levels of wooden platforms as shelves, try to have my Extendo Grip equipped so I can access more storage items without running around, and use a set of more widely spaced shelves to hold crafting stations just to one side of the storage.

To help remember which chests and barrels are which I use different kinds — ice = spare quest fishes, glass = glass stuff, obsidian = hell stuff, ivy = botanicals, barrels = mined blocks that aren't ore, et cetera. To tell which of the gold chests contains melee weapons, ranged, magic, explosives, and so on, I use different colors of paint. After a few in-game days following a rearrangement, habit enforces memory so I'm able to go to the right chest almost every time without thinking.

I personally made a really large chest room for all my storage needs. By really large I mean more storage that you will ever need in a world. You know you reached this point when the game will not let you place any more chests...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom