Game Mechanics Storage Chests

Ghaleon

Terrarian
So, I like how a character can hop around to different worlds with their inventory intact. Why not have a chest that could be persistent in all worlds you have on the same PC? With a special look and build requirements. Taking certain items and a gold chest to craft one. Then, when you log off the game and it saves, it would save out the inventory of the chest. Load up a different world with that chest in it, and it loads in the inventory. Not 100% sure if this is even possible, but it'd be a great little addition to transferring items between worlds.

If that isn't possible, what about a chest that worked within the same world. So if you put one in the dungeon, and one at your base, they share inventory. So while in the dungeon you can dump some stuff in. Then carry more stuff in your inventory.

So, I like how a character can hop around to different worlds with their inventory intact. Why not have a chest that could be persistent in all worlds you have on the same PC? With a special look and build requirements. Taking certain items and a gold chest to craft one. Then, when you log off the game and it saves, it would save out the inventory of the chest. Load up a different world with that chest in it, and it loads in the inventory. Not 100% sure if this is even possible, but it'd be a great little addition to transferring items between worlds.

If that isn't possible, what about a chest that worked within the same world. So if you put one in the dungeon, and one at your base, they share inventory. So while in the dungeon you can dump some stuff in. Then carry more stuff in your inventory.
Good idea, but we kinda sorta have Safes and Piggy Banks that serve the same purpose that you described for the Storage Chests.

For further support, what exactly would be the "certain items" to accompany the Gold Chest for the recipe? Would their inventories be exclusive to each player or work like a normal chest? Some sprites would be nice; ones to accompany their "special look."

It would be nice, for those that played multiplayer a lot, to have it exclusive to each character. I'm not much of an artist for this sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom