Portfolio/Multi-Topic Storm Chaser / Wind Breaker | Gear + Boss + Sky Island Expansion

sx0rm

Terrarian
Hello, my name is sx0rm, and I have been a dedicated Terraria player since the game's release. Recently, I had an idea while contemplating Terraria 1.4.5, and I wanted to share it with the community. Although I haven't been very active online within the Terraria community, I came across a post by Red about sharing content ideas, and I thought it was worth a shot. While my idea is still in its early stages, I hope it offers a starting point for discussion. If a similar idea already exists, I apologize for any redundancy.

One aspect of Terraria that I particularly enjoy is the sky islands. However, I've always felt that they lack sufficient content, such as ruins or castles in the sky. It occurred to me that if these ruins were to exist, they should be inhabited by a boss that aligns with the sky island and cloud theme. Additionally, I envisioned clouds that transform into familiar Terraria bosses. It seemed fitting to introduce a boss that embodies the essence of these rare clouds, transitioning through multiple battle stages that resemble various boss forms. For instance, it could start as the Brain of Cthulhu and seamlessly transform into Pumpking, Eye of Cthulhu, and Skeletron in its subsequent phases. The initial sprite frames are already available, and one could potentially apply a cloud texture over them.
I believe this unique boss would be a valuable addition to the sky islands, as they have always been in need of extra content in my opinion. It could possess additional abilities such as summoning lightning/thunderbolts and spawning Angry Nimbus, while offering the opportunity for a variety of valuable drops.

To complement this boss, a Nimbus Cloud pet and mount could be included. The pet would change shapes based on the biome, allowing it to transform into a bunny in grass biomes, a regular nimbus in the sky islands, a goldfish underwater, a star in space, or an Eater of Souls in the Corruption, among other possibilities. Furthermore, the Nimbus Cloud mount could be dyed to match any desired color, adding an extra touch of customization.

Regarding the boss's drops, it would be clear that it should always yield a Nimbus Rod. In addition, it could drop one of three equipment pieces: a Storm Chaser accessory that enhances adds lightning/electricity to ones' attacks, a Wind Breaker (primarily for cosmetic purposes) that grants movement bonuses on windy days, sandstorms, etc., and a new summoning item that spawns Angry Nimbus.

Upon defeating this boss, players would earn the Storm Chaser achievement, marking their triumph over this formidable opponent.

Thank you for making my favorite game, Re-Logic <3

I have ideas for Cloud stuff too!
right now I'm drawing it, although it is something more minimal than what you put here! 😊

So i support all of these things! 💙

SKYYYYYY 🌤️

Last edited:
Adding bosses to the game is a lot more complicated than most people think. Where does it fit in progression? What does it drop? You have to have something for every class, an expert drop, and more. Where do those items fit in to what is already in game?

I like the idea of expanding sky islands more, I even have an idea for a seed that plays into that(which I may or may not get around too someday)

Honestly instead of a new boss, if we were going to do something like that, I’d rather spend the time on post Moon Lord content. All of which is outside the scope of this update.

You have some cool ideas though, I’ll keep them in mind if our plans ever change. :)

Adding bosses to the game is a lot more complicated than most people think. Where does it fit in progression? What does it drop? You have to have something for every class, an expert drop, and more. Where do those items fit in to what is already in game?

I like the idea of expanding sky islands more, I even have an idea for a seed that plays into that(which I may or may not get around too someday)

Honestly instead of a new boss, if we were going to do something like that, I’d rather spend the time on post Moon Lord content. All of which is outside the scope of this update.

You have some cool ideas though, I’ll keep them in mind if our plans ever change. :)
Thank you for the feedback Red! Glad I at least caught your eyes! Even if it doesn't make it in. Give some love to the sky islands though, they're one of the best things and too short lived!!

You gonna make an official skyblock secret seed so people don't have to download skyblock seed anymore? Maybe make builders workshop into an official seed?

Yo can one of the secret seed combinations add Mc Moneypants

Post Moon-Lord content is what I live for.
A post Moon-Lord boss would be quite amazing..

Back
Top Bottom