Sprites Storm Diver's Shroomite weapons.

What do you think of these ideas?

• Great ideas, these would be a great addition to the game.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • They're ok, but they're a little unbalanced and need their stats changed.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • These are very over/underpowered and a lot of tweaking is required.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I really don't like any of these, they have no purpose.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Storm

Golem
This suggestion has been fully implemented into my mod: tModLoader - Storm Diver's Additions and Changes

Hello everyone, I am well aware that DannyDrawsaLot has already made a suggestion like this here: Sprites - More Shroomite Equipment! but I was already in the middle of making my own, so I thought I’d post them anyway :dryadtongue: However please check out his ideas first before mine, as he did post his one first. Now that that’s out of the way let’s begin:
Weapons:
Shroomite Sharpshooter:
zwaHHKU.png

The Shoormite rifle is an automatic gun that is fairly accurate and has a fast fire rate. Every 4th bullet that gets fired leaves behind a trial of spinning mushrooms, like the Hammush and Mushroom Spear.

Damage: 36
Knockback: 2
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 11
Velocity: 14
Tooltip: “Leaves behind a trail of damaging spinning mushrooms”
Rarity: Yellow
Sell: 8
Gold Coin dropped

Crafting: Shroomite Barx25 @ Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil

Shroomite Fury:
4bsZ5VZ.png
OR
bzuSi4p.png

(Couldn't decide whether it should be a bow or a repeater)

This is an automatic bow/repeater that shoots arrows at a fairly high velocity. It arrows split into either 2 or 3 after travelling 15-20 tiles, several mushroom spores explode out from where the arrows split.

Damage: 40
Knockback: 5
Use time: 18
Velocity: 15
Tooltip: “Rain down the Mushrooms!”
Gold Coin dropped

Shroomite Launcher:
nct59ii.png

1VJAuMO.png
(Secondary Grenade)

The Shroomite launcher is an automatic launcher that fires rockets at a moderate speed and a high velocity. Rockets fired retain their properties but cannot damage the user. Every 3rd shot also launches a grenade that roles along the floor and cannot harm the user, deals ~100 damage to enemies.

Damage: 60
Knockback: 6
Use time: 28
Velocity: 12
Tooltip: “They see you rolling”
Gold Coin dropped

Ammo:

Shroomite Bullet:
96vLEn0.png

Has a 40% chance to penetrate blocks (100% chance with the sniper rifle, but reduces damage by 40%), and it creates a small puff of clouds if it impacts an enemy.
Stats
Damage:
Velocity: 5
Tooltip: “You can run but you can’t hide”
Rarity: Lime
Sell: 50
Copper Coin dropped

Crafting (150): Shroomite Barx1 + Musket Ballx150 @ Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil

Shroomite Arrow:
nsnwuju.png

Slightly homes in on enemies and ignores gravity for 50 tiles before arching.

Damage: 14
Velocity: 3
Tooltip: “Super light, can also slightly home in”
Sell: 50
Copper Coin dropped

Crafting (150): Shroomite Barx1 + Wooden Arrowx150 @ Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil

(Bullet and arrow inspired by Spectre Bullets/Arrows)

Shroomite Rocket:
uURXcgA.png

Leaves a lingering mushroom cloud on impact, does not destroy tiles or harm the user.

Damage: 50
Knockback: 6
Velocity: 3
Tooltip: “Creates a lingering cloud for added damage”
Sell: 2
Silver Coin dropped

Crafting (75): Shroomite Barx1 +
Rocket I
x75 @ Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil

I tried to balance these weapons as much as possible, but unless I actually mod them in then I'll never get perfect stats, so feedback is appreciated.

Also if you use the underground theme the outline for the weapons blends in with the background, so here they are with an ugly white background so they're easier to see:
0puPRYU.png

Last edited:
Advertisement. Nice.

Man, these are very good. Sprites, effects, balancing, everything.
But no support due to lack of a shroomite yeeter

Support.
Thanks, sorry if it seems like I'm trying to steal your spotlight, this is not the case as as stated I literally started working on this idea when you posted yours :dryadtongue:
I will yeet you of these forums!

This is a good idea!
It adds so much more to the Mushroom biome and makes the Truffle useful.
This could add so much more content to the gameplay of Terraria.

SUPPORT IS YES

Ok I made a few small changes:
  • Updated the rifle sprite a little.
  • Decreased the distance the Shroomite fury's arrows take to split, down for 30 to 15-20.
  • Increased the chance of the Shroomite bullet to penetrate blocks from 20% to 40%
  • If a Shroomite bullet is used with a sniper rifle it will always penetrate blocks, but there will be a damage penalty of 40% if it does travel through a block.
  • Made it clear that the Shroomite launcher will retain the properties of any rocket it sues, but will negate user damage.
  • Slightly tweaked the Sharpshooter's stats.
Also one question:
Should each weapon convert all shots into its respective ammo, or just leave them how they are?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom