Xbox One Stuck at converting worlds Xbox one

NagaShadow

Terrarian
I have been stuck on the “converting worlds” screen with it only loading halfway for about 30 minutes. I played on a previous Xbox one and just got a new one. There is apparently a work around with two controllers, but I only have one. When can I expect to be playing terraria again?

P.S. why does the terraria team suck? They delayed terraria for the Nintendo switch for nearly 2 years now and this patch has been out long enough for them to get this problem fixed cause I am not the first one to have it, but they have apparently done nothing.

I have been stuck on the “converting worlds” screen with it only loading halfway for about 30 minutes. I played on a previous Xbox one and just got a new one. There is apparently a work around with two controllers, but I only have one. When can I expect to be playing terraria again?

P.S. why does the terraria team suck? They delayed terraria for the Nintendo switch for nearly 2 years now and this patch has been out long enough for them to get this problem fixed cause I am not the first one to have it, but they have apparently done nothing.
Hi @NagaShadow, welcome to the forums. :)

I’m seeing others that are having issues bringing over legacy worlds, but unfortunately I don’t know of any current workarounds. The workaround needing two controllers was for conversion bugs that were supposedly fixed, so perhaps there is a new conversion bug that needs to be looked at. Grasping at straws, but here is one workaround from back then that did not need two controllers. Worth a shot. From reddit user MrsJihf:
What I did was delete my saved data and loaded my game back up. When I selected my profile to play on, it tried to sync data and I canceled that... It opened right up the the character selection screen. Obviously I didn’t have anything there so I created a character and closed my game again. (To test it out and see if I was still having the same problem) Once I reopen the game, it asked me to select saved data. I selected the most recent and it worked! I didn’t have the problem again.

In any case, if you haven’t already, I suggest sending in your info to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The more they hear about the issue from members that are experiencing this, the better, as more info can help them pinpoint the cause. Include as much detail as possible - anything you remember about the worlds that are not converting. They look over every bug report that is sent through that link, but will likely not reply.

What is your solution I also have the same problem?
Ok so basically this is what I did.
1. Grab a second controller that can access a different account (if you don’t have one then I am not sure you can do this.)
2. Turn both controllers on and make sure your second one is starting terraria.
3.When you choose an account to sync/ simply start playing the game.. make a new character and world.
4. Join the world with your second account and once joined in.. have your primary account join in after.
This should load him in and you’ll be able to play.
Once that’s done back out of the world and be sure to not join the old legacy worlds with your primary account because it won’t work. It’ll crash your game. Only new accounts can enter your legacy world.

Hello... I might be new here but I am not new to Terraria! I played a huge amount on my 360 a long time ago with my sons and so friends and when I moved to Xbox One i moved everything over without an issue... but that was prior to the issues with update 1.3 apparently!

So we come to today, which is about a year and a half later, and I try loading up the game as I haven't played in quite awhile and I'm getting a "Converting Worlds. This may take several minutes" thing come up on my screen. I let it do its thing... I wait a few hours (hoping its doing SOMETHING) and yet it hasn't moved from 50% since 2 minutes into it.

I looked up issues on Google... tried everything! Including the possible solution directly above my post here! Though I CAN get into my sons game in multiplayer as a second account BUT when I go back and try to use it as my primary I cant even get it to load passed this to a Singleplayer or Multiplayer selection main menu?!

How do i fix this as i am the primary holder of this game!? At this point i am not concerned with my world I just want to play the dang game....

Doing this deleted my characters.
[doublepost=1553240500,1553240448][/doublepost]
Hi @NagaShadow, welcome to the forums. :)

I’m seeing others that are having issues bringing over legacy worlds, but unfortunately I don’t know of any current workarounds. The workaround needing two controllers was for conversion bugs that were supposedly fixed, so perhaps there is a new conversion bug that needs to be looked at. Grasping at straws, but here is one workaround from back then that did not need two controllers. Worth a shot. From reddit user MrsJihf:

In any case, if you haven’t already, I suggest sending in your info to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The more they hear about the issue from members that are experiencing this, the better, as more info can help them pinpoint the cause. Include as much detail as possible - anything you remember about the worlds that are not converting. They look over every bug report that is sent through that link, but will likely not reply.
Doing this deleted my characters....

Doing this deleted my characters.
[doublepost=1553240500,1553240448][/doublepost]
Doing this deleted my characters....
Sorry to hear that @shortysago117. If your game is still stuck at converting worlds, I suggest sending in your info to Pipeworks (the console developers) here and include as much detail as possible: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html They aren’t able to answer each report individually, but they do look over each report.

The good news is that it seems Pipeworks is working on a patch for this.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pipeworks/status/1091405001489039360
upload_2019-3-22_8-49-44.jpeg

im having this same issue. im a long time player. played on the 360. but converted to the one a while back, had to rebuy the game because it wouldnt let me transfer the one from the 360. however, after many months of not playing the game but getting the updates when they pop. i am now stuck in the converting worlds screen. i thought to myself, since i havent played in a looooong time, almost 2 years, ill just delete my saves and start fresh since i dont remember the controls and will have to do the tutorial anyway. well. after deleteing my saves it did the same thing.

i thought to myself, huh.... ok ill delete the game and redownload it without cloud saves. i did so, and downloaded the game in 5 minutes. started it up and bam! same problem.......

i see that pipeworks is working on the problem at the moment but i just want you guys to know that im using the 1st gen xbox one. if that matters at all due to hardware and software constraints. also i literally just created this account just to post this and access the forums so i dont know if ill even remember to check back to see an update about this or if ill receive a reply. but ill check eventually. thanks in advance guys, looking forward to playing terraria again. keep up the hard work :)

Considering the game is very much unplayable and it is impossible to get past the converting worlds screen will they be handing out refunds? After all the game literally does not work.

Back
Top Bottom