Portfolio/Multi-Topic Suggested game changes

Excuse my rudeness, but this is getting repetitive. Just because I disagree with your opinions doesn't mean I'm ignoring your posts or skimming over their contents. Not only that, but I reply to every single point and as a result my comments end up being walls of text. I can reply to the same comments worded differently by writing the same walls of text worded differently only so many times before I realize that I'm just wasting my time. I'm also not a fan of excusing bad game design by saying the game is non linear or "everyone plays differently", a game can be non linear while still having all of its items be useful, but I won't delve into that because you won't read it or you won't understand what I'm saying, which will be a giant waste of time.

Also I created no strawman, I literally replied with a list of items that drop from chest (not including mobs and so on) and stuff you get while mining to prove that it's possible to clutter your inventory so quickly, YES even if I ignored the pianos and statues and paintings. Speaking of pianos, you yourself keep saying that everyone plays differently and derives enjoyment from different things, you use that argument to defend useless weapons, because there might be someone out there that likes them being useless. And apparently that's your thing, you craft useless swords, I nick pianos and sell duplicate items, it's what I do John. So a simple addition of such items being stackable would let me enjoy that aspect of the game and the ability to control the % of loot would help me enjoy the grinding aspect. I don't need you telling me I'm doing something wrong by collecting statues and selling duplicates the same way you wouldn't like to hear me say that you're doing something wrong by wasting materials on a useless weapon. Non-Linear, Sandbox, no right way to play, everyone plays differently, you use such arguments when defending that stupid sword but yet you tell me I'm playing a non-linear, sandbox game wrong because I'm not exploring the way you want me to and I'm gathering things you wouldn't gather. How can I not be rude when with every reply you guys sound more and more like hypocrites while also pointing at me and saying I'm dishonest, do you not have a drop of self awareness?

You keep telling me I'm dishonest, keep telling me what I'm saying isn't possible and then when I come back with facts just ignore them and tell me I'm rude. The list of items dropping from chests can easily be googled, mobs also drop unique items and of course you mine for minerals, so I'll keep getting my inventory cluttered even if I ignored those duplicate items. You so want to prove me wrong that you'll try to twist and turn everything I say or construe the meaning of my words after which I have to stop and take my time for the 5th time to explain what I actually meant. Like when that guy saw my suggestion about the stackable equipment items and instead of accepting it as a way to lower inventory clutter he straight out accused me of saying that I pick up 50 unstackable items every time I go to mine.

Speaking of getting heated up and dodging things, you keep dodging my point for why the corruption is so easy, it's literally 2 mobs aside from a fish that might spawn here and there, non working terrain obstacles and it's super easy to just throw in a regular bomb and win cool items. The regular underground biome is harder than this. You keep talking about new players, I'm not talking about new players, I'm talking about a person who's at least on a second playthrough, they would already know the corruption by heart because there's nothing there, pre-hardmode corruptions is literally the biome in which you blow up orbs and kill a boss, nothing else happens there.

Also "The only way to become filled up after 3 chests if you deliberately begin your mining trip with a very full inventory, and it is not the game's fault if you do that. The game is abundantly generous with storage, and it's on your if you do not take advantage of what it gives you. "
I already explained how I go with an empty inventory and how it can get full, keep being a hypocrite, keep telling me I'm the one dodging points.

We're just wasting our time now, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and showing me their point of view, but I want the points to come from a place of honesty and to at least make sense. Not some arm chair developer educating me on things they know nothing about, not some dude who claims I'm dishonest but then proceeds to do what he accuses me of. Keep telling me how there is no right way to play and everyone enjoys different aspects of the game, then tell me I'm playing the game wrong for indulging in aspects that I find entertaining. Keep telling me I don't read or address your points, then proceed to avoid addressing my point about the inventory and how it gets cluttered and reply in a way that shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.

This conversation is over.

Last edited:
Excuse my rudeness, but this is getting repetitive. Just because I disagree with your opinions doesn't mean I'm ignoring your posts or skimming over their contents. Not only that, but I reply to every single point and as a result my comments end up being walls of text. I can reply to the same comments worded differently by writing the same walls of text worded differently only so many times before I realize that I'm just wasting my time. I'm also not a fan of excusing bad game design by saying the game is non linear or "everyone plays differently", a game can be non linear while still having all of its items be useful, but I won't delve into that because you won't read it or you won't understand what I'm saying, which will be a giant waste of time.
This whole bit here is entirely projection, it's basically what I just said in my previous post. I had made special mention to some points you have dodged, and just as I predicted, you avoided them. The points you have brought up again through this text wall I have already addressed.

Also I created no strawman, I literally replied with a list of items that drop from chest (not including mobs and so on) and stuff you get while mining to prove that it's possible to clutter your inventory so quickly, YES even if I ignored the pianos and statues and paintings. Speaking of pianos, you yourself keep saying that everyone plays differently and derives enjoyment from different things, you use that argument to defend useless weapons, because there might be someone out there that likes them being useless. And apparently that's your thing, you craft useless swords, I nick pianos and sell duplicate items, it's what I do John. So a simple addition of such items being stackable would let me enjoy that aspect of the game and the ability to control the % of loot would help me enjoy the grinding aspect. I don't need you telling me I'm doing something wrong by collecting statues and selling duplicates the same way you wouldn't like to hear me say that you're doing something wrong by wasting materials on a useless weapon. Non-Linear, Sandbox, no right way to play, everyone plays differently, you use such arguments when defending that stupid sword but yet you tell me I'm playing a non-linear, sandbox game wrong because I'm not exploring the way you want me to and I'm gathering things you wouldn't gather. How can I not be rude when with every reply you guys sound more and more like hypocrites while also pointing at me and saying I'm dishonest, do you not have a drop of self awareness?
You are not filling up after 4 minutes and/or 3 chests. It is a strawman because you greatly exaggerate your situation to the point of absurdity, which is why I call it dishonest debate.

Even if you do pick up everything you find along the way and every statue and piano and so on, if you start with an empty inventory, you will not be full in 4 minutes.

You keep telling me I'm dishonest, keep telling me what I'm saying isn't possible and then when I come back with facts just ignore them and tell me I'm rude. The list of items dropping from chests can easily be googled, mobs also drop unique items and of course you mine for minerals, so I'll keep getting my inventory cluttered even if I ignored those duplicate items. You so want to prove me wrong that you'll try to twist and turn everything I say or construe the meaning of my words after which I have to stop and take my time for the 5th time to explain what I actually meant. Like when that guy saw my suggestion about the stackable equipment items and instead of accepting it as a way to lower inventory clutter he straight out accused me of saying that I pick up 50 unstackable items every time I go to mine.
Don't need to google, I've played the game since the first week or second. You are not picking up this much stuff in only 4 minutes. You also have the piggy and safe, using both nearly triple your inventory, and you have scoffed at their usage. If you don't wanna use them, that's not the game's fault, it's your's.

Speaking of getting heated up and dodging things, you keep dodging my point for why the corruption is so easy, it's literally 2 mobs aside from a fish that might spawn here and there, non working terrain obstacles and it's super easy to just throw in a regular bomb and win cool items. The regular underground biome is harder than this. You keep talking about new players, I'm not talking about new players, I'm talking about a person who's at least on a second playthrough, they would already know the corruption by heart because there's nothing there, pre-hardmode corruptions is literally the biome in which you blow up orbs and kill a boss, nothing else happens there.
It got heated the moment you got provoked by Nicol's post and called them an arm chair developer. You do not seem to like being challenged and get uppity over that.

You claim I avoided the point on Corruption but I addressed it. I did say maybe the biome could be made a little harder. Please do not accuse me of things I did not do.

A 2nd playthrough is not a first playthrough. The player will be more experienced the second time around and may be aware of some shortcuts. Don't see the problem there.

Also "The only way to become filled up after 3 chests if you deliberately begin your mining trip with a very full inventory, and it is not the game's fault if you do that. The game is abundantly generous with storage, and it's on your if you do not take advantage of what it gives you. "
I already explained how I go with an empty inventory and how it can get full, keep being a hypocrite, keep telling me I'm the one dodging points.
Because you are. I've brought up a few a few times and you've yet to reply. The points you keep bringing up acting as if I hadn't replied to them (such as the Corruption's difficulty), I have already addressed. Pot, meet kettle.

I've already told you that even without the piggy or safe, you are not filling up after 4 minutes. You are exaggerating to the point of absurdity and honestly, I can't take your supposed problem seriously as it isn't one that exists. If you were more within the realm of reason and stated full after 20-30 minutes, then maybe. But as you don't seem to make use of the extra inventory expansions, I don't know what to tell you. You want more inventory space, but will not use the extra inventory space the game gives you. Ok?

We're just wasting our time now, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and showing me their point of view, but I want the points to come from a place of honesty and to at least make sense. Not some arm chair developer educating me on things they know nothing about, not some dude who claims I'm dishonest but then proceeds to do what he accuses me of. Keep telling me how there is no right way to play and everyone enjoys different aspects of the game, then tell me I'm playing the game wrong for indulging in aspects that I find entertaining. Keep telling me I don't read or address your points, then proceed to avoid addressing my point about the inventory and how it gets cluttered and reply in a way that shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.
No, I don't think you have no problem with people disagreeing with you, because we've disagreed with you and you've gone so sour on us. Without any provocation, you've insulted our intelligence with both the terms you've referred to us, along with your strawman positions on attacking the game for what it isn't. There's no way you're filling up in 4 minutes unless you're using the Drill Containment Unit and purposely shredding up your world. You have four inventory expansions that you don't find useful. You are a person claiming that a problem exists but no where near to the degree you claim, and even if it was to that degree, the game provides you your solution with extra inventory, but you still say no. That's just being difficult.

This conversation is over.
Ok.

@Snarks, just a reminder to remain civil to other users of the forum. It looks like this is getting s little heated, so everyone make sure to take a moment before you respond and stay cool. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom