Sprites Suggestion : Female character arms

Crowno would probably jump out his window if this got implemented. :D

The reason I say that is because every weapon in Terraria is set on a rotation via the arms, and if you were to make them smaller, then that'd mean they'd have to adjust every single weapon in the game, alongside every summon/consumable, to match the size difference. Not to mention, coding it so that it could be one way or the other would also be a tedious nightmare as well.

Please don't make the kind folk over at Re-Logic suffer any more than they have to. :)

Crowno would probably jump out his window if this got implemented. :D

The reason I say that is because every weapon in Terraria is set on a rotation via the arms, and if you were to make them smaller, then that'd mean they'd have to adjust every single weapon in the game, alongside every summon/consumable, to match the size difference. Not to mention, coding it so that it could be one way or the other would also be a tedious nightmare as well.

Please don't make the kind folk over at Re-Logic suffer any more than they have to. :)
Just thinner, not shorter. It literally a few pixels changed on the arm texture

Just thinner, not shorter. It literally a few pixels changed on the arm texture
no, I'm pretty sure it is a (terrarian) pixel shorter too.

also, it also would interfere with accessories too, that player characters wear on arm. I actually didn't know - or didn't think - about the weapon sprites, but yeah, that too, and that means tons of items, much more just a few arm accessories.

even though I do agree it would be nice if it would be thinner, or if the player could select it at character creation - actually regardless of character's gender. but it sounds like it would be way too much work in comparison of its benefits.

check out the spritesheet for any Chest armor in the game.

Then think about if making thousands of new sprites for every equipable Chest armor and arm accessory in the game so that we can have arms 1 pixel thinner is a good idea.

check out the spritesheet for any Chest armor in the game.

Then think about if making thousands of new sprites for every equipable Chest armor and arm accessory in the game so that we can have arms 1 pixel thinner is a good idea.
yknow, I could probably do this if I could figure out what part of each spritesheet is the arm

Let me save you the time:
1691510495979.png

Now let's see fire gauntlet, a sprite that only covers the arms:
1691510530966.png

That's 18 new arm sprites you have to make for every single piece of chest armor and arm accessory in the game.

Make female character arms smaller so they actually look proportional.
Also for reference, all the female npcs have smaller arms than us.
They’re removing the gender selection in the new update, so this could maybe a selector to choose if the arms are large or small, but that would require respriting all armor and any arm band accessories. I can’t say I’ve seen any issues with the proportions of the terraria characters, and it’s not like they’re meant to be hyper-realistic with correct proportions, the head is as big as the torso and as big as the legs. Also, I think making the arms smaller would make the arms look like twigs cause there’s only like 2 pixels that you can remove before the arms are literally just the outlines.

Back
Top Bottom