Items Suggestion ~ Soul of Right

Terrablitz

Terrarian
View attachment 431828
I originally posted this on Reddit, but a helpful fellow told me to post it here, so I did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A soul for the Pure biomes.

They can't be dropped from enemies, but they could be crafted with 1 Soul of Light and 1 Soul of Night, since that would balance out the evil and good, and therefore would be right.
Could be used to craft new weapons and more, maybe even be associated with new Terra____ items.

Let me know your feedback!

The image doesn't seem to be loading, so I'm going to try posting it in this reply.

costume1 (3).png

This idea seems very undercooked. What would be the point of having this new material? What are the items you can craft with it, and why should they be in the game? I'm sorry for sounding harsh, but right now it seems like this idea is just a sprite and a rhyme scheme, and nothing else. I think it could have potential, but it needs more flesh.

they could be crafted with 1 Soul of Light and 1 Soul of Night, since that would balance out the evil and good, and therefore would be right.
How is a balance of evil and good right? Some may argue that any form of evil is inherently wrong, and a true state of righteousness can only be achieved by eliminating evil altogether.

How is a balance of evil and good right? Some may argue that any form of evil is inherently wrong, and a true state of righteousness can only be achieved by eliminating evil altogether.
Sounded better in my head. My theory is that the Purity is a combination of both the Corruption and Hallow, thus why it can be overtaken by both, since if, for example on a pure grass tile, there would be 50% Corruption and 50% Hallow, if you were to add more Corruption to the mix then it'd become a corrupt tile. Plus, most think of the Purity as the 'neutral' biome, and neutral is a mix of both good and bad.
It's called the Soul of Right because, well, the Dryad wants you to purify the world, so purity must be right.

This idea seems very undercooked. What would be the point of having this new material? What are the items you can craft with it, and why should they be in the game? I'm sorry for sounding harsh, but right now it seems like this idea is just a sprite and a rhyme scheme, and nothing else. I think it could have potential, but it needs more flesh.
Well, this soul could be added so the Purity biomes have their own types of soul. I explained that it could be used for crafting new Terra____ weapons, like a new Terra gun, Terra summon or Terra mage weapon. Maybe you could also upgrade the Terrablade into the unused First Fractal with it. Maybe we could also craft a mix of shadow/crimson, hallow, and chlorophyte armor pieces plus the souls of night/right/light to make a new armor set at the golem/plantera stage of the game. Still working on a name for this armor set

Sounded better in my head. My theory is that the Purity is a combination of both the Corruption and Hallow, thus why it can be overtaken by both, since if, for example on a pure grass tile, there would be 50% Corruption and 50% Hallow, if you were to add more Corruption to the mix then it'd become a corrupt tile. Plus, most think of the Purity as the 'neutral' biome, and neutral is a mix of both good and bad.
It's called the Soul of Right because, well, the Dryad wants you to purify the world, so purity must be right.
In pondering purity, I'm drawn to the idea of something unblended, a singular essence. Yet, as you propose, the dryad regards the hallow as good and the evil as bad. Paradoxically, she longs for a world entirely pure, free from both hallow and evil. This prompts me to gaze upon grass and see it not as hallow or evil, but merely as grass. I resist the notion that their union results in neutrality; instead, I sense the emergence of something entirely novel.

In pondering purity, I'm drawn to the idea of something unblended, a singular essence. Yet, as you propose, the dryad regards the hallow as good and the evil as bad. Paradoxically, she longs for a world entirely pure, free from both hallow and evil. This prompts me to gaze upon grass and see it not as hallow or evil, but merely as grass. I resist the notion that their union results in neutrality; instead, I sense the emergence of something entirely novel.
We're both obligated to our own theories. The extremely fantastical setting of Terraria leads me to believe that Purity biomes are more than just normal biomes.

View attachment 431828
I originally posted this on Reddit, but a helpful fellow told me to post it here, so I did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A soul for the Pure biomes.

They can't be dropped from enemies, but they could be crafted with 1 Soul of Light and 1 Soul of Night, since that would balance out the evil and good, and therefore would be right.
Could be used to craft new weapons and more, maybe even be associated with new Terra____ items.

Let me know your feedback!
I love this idea it could open a lot of opourtunity

Bro got super philosophical

Back
Top Bottom