Items Summon item for Plantera

Darklord Isaac

Terrarian
I'm sure others would agree that searching for Plantera bulbs can be a hassle sometimes when one is rushing to fight the Golem, or simply wants to fight Plantera whenever they please without having to search all over the Underground Jungle for a bulb, especially for Small-sized worlds. Well, with a craft-able summon item for Plantera, it'll make the effort much less tedious.

First off, Plantera should be able to drop a new item called "Pink Petal". Plantera should drop 15-25 Pink Petals per kill, which can be used for the crafting recipe below:

Bouquet Of Bulbs
Crafting recipe:
  • 7 Chlorophyte bar
  • 20 Jungle Spore
  • 5 Vine
  • 10 Pink Petal
Extras:
Use:
Bouquet Of Bulbs can be used anywhere in within the Jungle Biome, including the Underground Jungle Biome

Restrictions:
Obvious restriction of use would be that it can only be summoned within a non-corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed Jungle Biome and/or Underground Jungle Biome

EDIT(s):
I will keep the item named "Bouquet of Bulbs"
I created a custom sprite for the Bouquet of Bulbs :)
http://prntscr.com/83za7t
I also created a custom sprite for Pink Petals
http://prntscr.com/83zhu6

Last edited:
Getting 5 Vines for the recipe is going to be more frustrating than finding a Plantera Bulb. Vines drop from Man Eaters, and they're displaced by Angry Trappers (which don't drop Vines) in Hardmode, significantly reducing your ability to get Vines.

Getting 5 Vines for the recipe is going to be more frustrating than finding a Plantera Bulb. Vines drop from Man Eaters, and they're displaced by Angry Trappers (which don't drop Vines) in Hardmode, significantly reducing your ability to get Vines.

Easy fix, allow Angry Trappers to drop vines :p

True...I'll think of a work around.

Easy fix, allow Angry Trappers to drop vines :p
It's part of a compilation thread I'm making. Vines are one of those items that are hard to get for no real reason...

Alternatively: the Guide to Plant Fibre Cordage and/or Vine Rope (both 1.3) could allow better collecting or crafting of Vines.

It's part of a compilation thread I'm making. Vines are one of those items that are hard to get for no real reason...

Alternatively: the Guide to Plant Fibre Cordage and/or Vine Rope (both 1.3) could allow better collecting or crafting of Vines.

Well hey, if that's ever considered, then the crafting recipe for the summon could be a lot more simple.

*hits like button with Jupiter Gravity*

I think I posted something similar before, but my idea was instead of crafting a summon item
you simply could garden for Plantera Bulbs and harvest them, and then just use them whenever you wanted to, instead of just summoning Plantera whenever one was destroyed.

*hits like button with Jupiter Gravity*

I think I posted something similar before, but my idea was instead of crafting a summon item
you simply could garden for Plantera Bulbs and harvest them, and then just use them whenever you wanted to, instead of just summoning Plantera whenever one was destroyed.

True, and it tends to be more efficient, but the underground jungle would be far less torn up / turned into a farm, you know? :3

Agreed.
But I suppose a way around that is allow the Plantera Bulbs to simply be a somewhat rare plant that can grow naturally on Jungle Grass.
and you could build a Jungle Farm on the surface, Perhaps even have it use Seeds and work like most of the other harvested plants?

Agreed.
But I suppose a way around that is allow the Plantera Bulbs to simply be a somewhat rare plant that can grow naturally on Jungle Grass.
and you could build a Jungle Farm on the surface, Perhaps even have it use Seeds and work like most of the other harvested plants?

I suppose so. That'd be neat.

Thanks :) i dont dislike yours or mind crafting a summon item, but i think something could be done.
Perhaps if the bulbs could be gardened, then used as a crafting material in the Bouquet?

This is a great idea, and the sprites look amazing too! I also think that breaking a bulb should yield some Pink Petals, so that you can craft a bulb if you die a few times and are waiting for more bulbs. Also, Angry Trappers need to drop vines or the vines need to be removed from the recipe. Also, you should be able to craft an aesthetic version of Plantera's Bulb:

Jungle Bul

It pulses with the energy of eternal life

-5 Pink Petals
-10 Souls of Light
-5 Chlorophyte Bars

This is a great idea, and the sprites look amazing too! I also think that breaking a bulb should yield some Pink Petals, so that you can craft a bulb if you die a few times and are waiting for more bulbs. Also, Angry Trappers need to drop vines or the vines need to be removed from the recipe. Also, you should be able to craft an aesthetic version of Plantera's Bulb:

Jungle Bul

It pulses with the energy of eternal life

-5 Pink Petals
-10 Souls of Light
-5 Chlorophyte Bars

Such a good idea. Yeah, I figured vines because they represent the vines that connect to Plantera's Hooks and whatnot. Plantera's Bulb should drop 3-5 Pink Petals per break.

Back
Top Bottom