Game Mechanics Summon Weapon PVP Mechanics

RoquePlayz

Terrarian
Alright, this isn't that important, but it would still be good. Summon weapons' minions never attack players, which is pretty disappointing seeing as it means a whole class of weapons is completely useless in PVP. It would be a nice change if they could. A good way of doing this (At least in my opinion) is they would attack other players if both the player using the weapon and the target have PVP on, but they would only do so if the player right-clicks to direct their minions to attack them. However, this is just my suggestion, and isn't required whatsoever.

Summon weapons in PVP are a tricky thing to deal with because it opens up the Last Prism issue - for an attack to be fair in a PVP scenario, it needs to be dodgeable, and the vast majority of weapons that use Summon damage are basically hitscan. Last Prism is frequently used for a huge hitscan burst in a wide area to leave naught but ashes in its wake, and I sincerely feel that Prism would look fair compared to things like the UFO Staff.

Frost Dragon was (still is?) banned because of the fact it can go through walls, and the Dragon itself did 100+ contact damage if you were on the ground to get hit by it.

While PVP in this game is already a bit of a disaster and best treated like a Mario Party minigame, I think for now it's for the best that summons can't hit other players (without a total overhaul of PVP mechanics) because I think it'd be more frustrating than funny to engage with somebody surrounded by UFOs, let alone the bigger damage dealers like the Stardust Dragon. They'd all need to have new AI for targeting players to make them dodgeable.

I do understand your frustrations, though.

Back
Top Bottom