Super Mario Maker

For anyone who doesn't already know, Super Mario Maker is a game for the Wii U that allows you to make your own Mario levels and share them online. It's become pretty popular since launch, so I thought it would be good to make a thread to talk about it. Here you can post the codes for levels you've made or seen, share tips and ideas for making levels, talk about any secrets or Easter eggs you've found, and maybe even discuss what you'd like to see in future updates.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting this update at all. Everyone was asking for checkpoints but I sincerely thought the developers wouldn't want to add that at this point. It was a good surprise to see that they decided to add not only the checkpoint but also some other very useful features, like the Mushroom/FireFlower power up.

Anyway, I haven't been playing a lot of Mario Maker lately, so I still have at least 3 unfinished levels go to back to. So far these are the ones I have uploaded, from newest to oldest.
Oh, by the way, I just uploaded Vertical Variation before writing this post!

Vertical Variation
(1FAF-0000-00C9-BFCB)
Cheetah's Road of Pain (6A2D-0000-007D-80CA)
Haunted House on the Hill (DDDC-0000-0073-D4E2)
Grand Goomba Armada (894A-0000-006F-8199)
Flying Block Tunnel (2B8F-0000-006D-0687)
I'M THE JUMPMAN! (day 1) (434E-0000-006A-F4DC)

(oh my god someone actually posted on my thread and it's Crowno)
I'm really glad to see checkpoints in this, as before I was afraid of making long and difficult levels since they could be really frustrating if someone had to start the whole thing over every time they died. There's a rumor that another update is going to add things like lava pools and slopes since those objects are featured in the smash bros stage for mario maker, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Oh, and I made one decent level so far that's based on the dungeon, if anyone wants to try it:
Skeletron's Dungeon: 471A-0000-0095-3816

(Now to try out Crowno's levels. :p)

I wasn't expecting this update at all. Everyone was asking for checkpoints but I sincerely thought the developers wouldn't want to add that at this point. It was a good surprise to see that they decided to add not only the checkpoint but also some other very useful features, like the Mushroom/FireFlower power up.

Anyway, I haven't been playing a lot of Mario Maker lately, so I still have at least 3 unfinished levels go to back to. So far these are the ones I have uploaded, from newest to oldest.
Oh, by the way, I just uploaded Vertical Variation before writing this post!

Vertical Variation
(1FAF-0000-00C9-BFCB)
Cheetah's Road of Pain (6A2D-0000-007D-80CA)
Haunted House on the Hill (DDDC-0000-0073-D4E2)
Grand Goomba Armada (894A-0000-006F-8199)
Flying Block Tunnel (2B8F-0000-006D-0687)
I'M THE JUMPMAN! (day 1) (434E-0000-006A-F4DC)
(oh my god someone actually posted on my thread and it's Crowno)
I'm really glad to see checkpoints in this, as before I was afraid of making long and difficult levels since they could be really frustrating if someone had to start the whole thing over every time they died. There's a rumor that another update is going to add things like lava pools and slopes since those objects are featured in the smash bros stage for mario maker, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Oh, and I made one decent level so far that's based on the dungeon, if anyone wants to try it:
Skeletron's Dungeon: 471A-0000-0095-3816

(Now to try out Crowno's levels. :p)
Hey, you reminded me of my one uploaded 0.73% clear rate level. Go on, push the clear rate even lower.
Looks can be Deceiving: 7695-0000-00B5-DFCB

My dad would get mad if I got on the Wii U at 9 PM, so I can't check right now. :(
You could say I've had a lot of practice, it takes a bit more then a few tricky jumps to stop me.

Also, I tried your levels @Crowno, they're pretty cool! I was able to beat all of them except Vertical Variation, where I got stuck at a difficult jump in the goomba shoe section (I also found out that you can get the star at the beginning without going through the grate all the way, allowing you to go back and kill bowser with it).

Hey guys, you know how background objects appear randomly when building levels, and you can't really control where they appear? Well, I just found out that you can still move those objects by picking up the blocks below them, as well as copy them to make as many as you want.

Hey guys, you know how background objects appear randomly when building levels, and you can't really control where they appear? Well, I just found out that you can still move those objects by picking up the blocks below them, as well as copy them to make as many as you want.
Hmm, I remember drawing a platform over and over to make one appear in a specific spot...
Good thing I only have to draw one now. :)

Just made another level, I think it's the best one I've made so far. It's also definetly the most difficult... but it has a checkpoint!

Jailbreak:
4CF6-0000-00D8-8B95

I wish I could make levels.

But all I got are music levels (i mean one). Maybe I could try doing some of your levels.

Just made another level, it's a boss fight that's actually pretty challenging (and it's impossible to skip, so don't even try).

Mario vs The Flying Hammer Bros!
E4E8-0000-00EC-FA36

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom