Items [Support Item] Mediray

Do you want to be the Ubermensch Terraria needs?

• Ya.

• Nein!

• I have NO IDEA!

Results are only viewable after voting.

theGameWizerd

Steampunker
Alright, yeah, I'm back from the dead after like a year. Whoop-de-doo, it's me. Okay, starting off, some disclaimers:

Yes, I want this mainly so Terraria TF2 can be a thing.
I also want it because throwing potions to teammates mid-boos fight is annoying.
I also think we need a support class for multiplayer playthroughs.

With that out of the way, let's get into the item suggestion: The Mediray.

Basically, the TF2 Medigun, but instead of locking onto a single player, it's like the Last Prism but with healing.

When you hold the mouse button, it will regenerate from 2, 5, or 8 Hp to 6, 15, or 24 Hp a tick, slowly increasing to max over a period of 3 seconds. The health depends on which Mk. Health Ray, and each level does it's respective value of healing as seen above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Mouse positioning is everything, since instead of targeting a single character, it heals everyone within the beam. The range is to the edge of the screen, but will stop where the mouse is, and doesn't go through solid blocks. The beam will be short and wide, or long and thin, depending on how close or far you are form the middle of the screen.

Now, in order to make it, it's a bit of a weird recipe:
Mk. 1: Slime Gun x1, Iron Bar x12, Lesser healing potion x4, Team Dye
Mk. 2: Mk. 1 Health Ray, Iron bar x3, Healing Potion x4
Mk. 3: Mk. 2 Health Ray, Iron bar x6, Greater healing potion x4, Crystal Shard x10

I wanted there to be a use for the Slime Gun other than just a cool little gun, and I wanted dyes in a recipe somehow, so depending on your team, it will either be silver, or team-dyed.

One last little idea I have for this thread is a secondary effect. Instead of negating all damage when fully charged for 8 seconds, it reduces all damage taken for 8 seconds for both the healer and everyone being healed when the effect is activated. It's an active charge, and it will charge in a minimum of 45 seconds if actively healing someone at all times.

Tell me what you think!

Here's what I got so far for the Beam and Gun:
Vacc-Ray.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom