1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Support Muilti core CPU's

Discussion in 'Other' started by MINECLOWN666, Oct 4, 2014.

1. MINECLOWN666

MINECLOWN666 Terrarian

Iv noticed an issue with terraria when ever i play the game it only runs on One (1) of my CPU Cores I have a Intel i7-4790K. I'm wondering if there is a patch that could be applied to the game so it utilizes all of my core not just One (1) or if there is a game file i could edit so the game uses more then One (1) core. When i play other games like Borderlands 2 or batman arkham origins my CPU temp is only 32C at max but when i play terraria the temp is ~45C. I do have a liquid cooling system its a Swiftech H220

If you guys could patch the game so it will use more then One (1) core would be great and i would play the game more often

2. i19z

i19z Terrarian

Support!!!, yes we need this definitely, I think the game has multi-core lighting already, but not multi-core processing.

3. Shockah

Shockah Grandson of The Wizard

Nothing you can do about it. It's how Terraria works; everything has to be updated in order, which means no threading, which means no additional cores. The only thing that does use additional threads is worldgen / world loading/saving / entering hardmode.