Working as Designed Swapping weapons on console is an unbearably annoying and messy experience that doesn't exist on PC at all.

Trypophobia

Terrarian
Swapping weapons whilst holding RT just infinitely buffers your input until you let go of RT, unlike PC where pressing a number key simply swaps your weapon. There's been countless times where I've been swinging my weapon and say pressing RB too swap to a torch, or access a whip and only actually swapped items around 3 seconds after I've tried to swap. This bug also just completely annihilates the whole playstyle of Melee/Summoner hybrids and whip stacking, making trying to do either absolutely infuriating.

This is a thing in PC as well, you can not change your selected item while it is in use, you can test it by attempting to use a weapon after using a magic mirror.
It works that way for an important reason, if you could interrupt item use by switching items it would result in the development of a a switch-based dps model creating a rather bad skill divide where damage potential is based on how fast you can switch. It is annoying but it needs to be a thing.
If this is not what you are talking about disregard that above part.

Animation lock is still a dumb feature, it should simply prevent starting to use another weapon while one is already in use and has not fired yet
Many weapons have animations that extend for much longer after their projectile has fired off, which should just be cancelable with non-weapon items, like potions, etc
Or at the very least it should allow just switching slots even if starting to use another item gets queued to after the old animation ends
Also, ironically, exactly what you described exists with whips in the game today

Back
Top Bottom