Resolved [Switch] Placement range

Habske

Terrarian
I played Terraria on the iPad for a while, very happy to see it's on the Switch. Bought it immediately! However, when I tried to build and break stuff it occurred to me that the placement distance of blocks is a lot shorter than on the iPad. Especially vertically. (IPad: 10 blocks from ground to above, Switch: 5 blocks from ground to above. Both a new character and using copper pickaxes to measure) This way -at least for me- it feels a little too restricted. Is this a new feature in the switch version, that you gradually can improve the range, or something else I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

Hey there pal, while it may seem frustrating that the range is different the games are on two completely different platforms so you are going to have to expect more changes as such. but i'm sure the
will help you deal with the smaller more usual range that EVERY other platform has.
~your pal and Nintendo enthusiast salad_den.

I played Terraria on the iPad for a while, very happy to see it's on the Switch. Bought it immediately! However, when I tried to build and break stuff it occurred to me that the placement distance of blocks is a lot shorter than on the iPad. Especially vertically. (IPad: 10 blocks from ground to above, Switch: 5 blocks from ground to above. Both a new character and using copper pickaxes to measure) This way -at least for me- it feels a little too restricted. Is this a new feature in the switch version, that you gradually can improve the range, or something else I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
Hi @Habske, welcome to the forums. :merchantsmile:

Actually the range that you are experiencing on the Switch is the proper range, and matches up with what the PC version has always had, along with the console versions. The current mobile version on your iPad has an extended range that was put in place for mobile. When the mobile version receives the 1.3 update (which will be based on an entirely new codebase) the extended range may or may not be there, we'll have to see.

Aaah! I see, thank you guys so much for explaining! Will have to get used to this proper range then :) I guess I was just a little spoiled there haha.

Note that different tools do have different ranges as well - the Copper Pickaxe actually has -1 Range, so it has 1 *less* range than most other tools! (I recommend upgrading to a cactus pickaxe.)

Some tools have increased range, but you don't encounter them until late into Hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom