tAPI Tapi keeps crashing to desktop when i save my world

M015TY B0Y

Duke Fishron
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Worlds\FISH_FILLET----.wld.sav' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(System.String path, System.Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Delete(System.String path)
at Terraria.WorldFile.saveWorld(System.Boolean resetTime = False)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
tAPI is freaking out and crashing loads, I have around 12 logs with 3-10 walls of text in each and it is mostly only this crash, the only one rustling my jimmies...
the crash report:
This has been happening whenever I play for about 1 hour without saving, it saves the world but it closes tAPI to desktop
I have these mods activated
Most of shockas mods except for Item Suffixes, and Tooltips.
Berberborscings mod
Grealm/Groxs Mods o Magic
Elemental boots
Moar tiers mod
Neo Utilities
Mobspawn +
Pumpkings mod
The invisible hand
Tremor mod
Ulterraria
and Thorium mod
I suspect overload on mods, but even then it happens without any activated or installed, just not as frequently
Please help me <3

Fixed that crash from happening again... Wish I could take back those hours I have lost to trying to fix it

BUT OH LOOK MULTIPLAYER IS CRASHING TOO!
System.ArgumentException: Argument 'obj' type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.Keys' is not supported.
at TAPI.BinBuffer.Write(System.Object obj)
at TAPI.ModsSync.ReadAndSetup(System.Int32 plr, TAPI.BinBuffer bb)
at Terraria.MessageBuffer.GetData(System.Int32 start, System.Int32 length)
at Terraria.NetMessage.CheckBytes(System.Int32 i = 256)
at Terraria.Netplay.ServerLoop(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Details: I use the "launch dedicated server" button on the multiplayer screen and do all the normal stuff you would do in vanilla, then when I try to join it, it shows it is loading one mod then flickers to "connecting"

I just want to have fun ;(

Last edited:
Does this happen on a new world with the same mods loaded? What about a clean TAPI world with no mods?

All I can suspect is, something is messing around with the saving but I don't know any of those mods as well to understand what's going wrong.

Does this happen on a new world with the same mods loaded? What about a clean TAPI world with no mods?

All I can suspect is, something is messing around with the saving but I don't know any of those mods as well to understand what's going wrong.
it happens on both clean worlds and one I make with mods active
the first few minutes of playing a world doesn't make it crash when I exit though

Are you using the latest version of tAPI?
I don't recall a similiar issue on a next to clean install, altho all I'm using is my own mods (which have no saving/loading involved) and just use for testing purposes.

Can you try to disable all mods, make a new player + world, and then Save and Exit? The error is happening during saving so it should happen with Save and Exit not just waiting.

The only two mods I can think of causing this, is either Grealm+BaseMod, or something in Shockah's mods, as not many people tamper with saving. I have seen this error multiple times though, and it should be impossible with tAPI alone.

Can you try to disable all mods, make a new player + world, and then Save and Exit? The error is happening during saving so it should happen with Save and Exit not just waiting.

The only two mods I can think of causing this, is either Grealm+BaseMod, or something in Shockah's mods, as not many people tamper with saving. I have seen this error multiple times though, and it should be impossible with tAPI alone.
this was the very first thing I tried, I was thinking it was shockahs, grealm or thorium
Are you using the latest version of tAPI?
I don't recall a similiar issue on a next to clean install, altho all I'm using is my own mods (which have no saving/loading involved) and just use for testing purposes.
I'm using tAPI v14

this was the very first thing I tried, I was thinking it was shockahs, grealm or thorium

I'm using tAPI v14
the error basically says there's a conflict between two items in two different mods.
cause: two items from two different mods have the exact same name
try disabling Necropolis or berberboscing's mod (i'm playing with the same mods as you do except necropolis and berberboscing's mod, so they might be the problem)

the error basically says there's a conflict between two items in two different mods.
try disabling Necropolis or berberboscing's mod (i'm playing with the same mods as you do except necropolis and berberboscing's mod, so they might be the problem)
and is there any way I can rename an item?

You can decompile, edit and recompile, but the deal is, it might break codes that refer to that specific item name in the same mod. I believe the best thing you can do is let the mod authors know about the conflicts.

Not quite, by "item" it means "entry", not game item. That error is being created by the code trying to re-add the world info the zip file when it already has it.

I looked at this a while ago and couldn't find any problem in tAPI itself with the saving code, although to be honest, I can't see how a mod could tamper with it, either. :dryadconfused:

v14 or v14a? I believe v14a actually fixed some issue related to items saving?
r14a
Not quite, by "item" it means "entry", not game item. That error is being created by the code trying to re-add the world info the zip file when it already has it.

I looked at this a while ago and couldn't find any problem in tAPI itself with the saving code, although to be honest, I can't see how a mod could tamper with it, either. :dryadconfused:
would renaming the file work? because it doesn't rename the world... but it would try to add it again anyways... sooooooo...
BYE NECRO MOD!
until we find a fix, you aren't coming back to my house (takes super long to load anyways...)

r14a

would renaming the file work? because it doesn't rename the world... but it would try to add it again anyways... sooooooo...
BYE NECRO MOD!
until we find a fix, you aren't coming back to my house (takes super long to load anyways...)
Are you 100% sure it's necro causing the issue?

nope, because just a few seconds ago I disabled it
and guess what?

right when I make a world the same thing happend
Try one at a time, disabling Grealm+BaseMod, and if the issue still shows up, re-enable those and disable all of Shockah's Mods.

If it ends up being Shockah's mods (I'm guessing it is), try to enable them 1 by 1, starting with just his base, until you get the issue again.

allright, I fixed it so that crash doesn't happen anymore by removing shockahs mods buuuut...
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Worlds\NIKOLI.wld.sav' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath)
I have no idea what happened, I've read it twice over... can somebody find me a fix for THIS!?

allright, I fixed it so that crash doesn't happen anymore by removing shockahs mods buuuut...
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Worlds\NIKOLI.wld.sav' is denied.
I have no idea what happened, I've read it twice over... can somebody find me a fix for THIS!?
Do you have multiple clients open, or a server and a single player client open? Basically is just saying it wasn't allowed to modify the file, which I would assume is because it was already open from something else.

Do you have multiple clients open, or a server and a single player client open? Basically is just saying it wasn't allowed to modify the file, which I would assume is because it was already open from something else.
only have cheat engine, GL, steam, the tAPI folder and internet explorer open
I don't have a second copy of the game running or a server open
it also crashes to desktop and functions exactly the same as the last problem

EDIT: checked my logs folder and holy :red:, the same crash is happening again

EDIT again: checked all my crash log folders and this one crash causes a long line of different crashes, not just the one at the top
all I need to do is stop that crash from happening

EDIT yet again: dudes I fixed it, removed my wld.sav file
so how do I keep it from making another?

Last edited:
only have cheat engine, GL, steam, the tAPI folder and internet explorer open
I don't have a second copy of the game running or a server open
it also crashes to desktop and functions exactly the same as the last problem

EDIT: checked my logs folder and holy :red:, the same crash is happening again

EDIT again: checked all my crash log folders and this one crash causes a long line of different crashes, not just the one at the top
all I need to do is stop that crash from happening

EDIT yet again: dudes I fixed it, removed my wld.sav file
so how do I keep it from making another?
Run Steam as administrator. 'nuff said

Back
Top Bottom