tAPI tAPI, tConfig, and tModLoader all NOT working! [Help]

slade3501

Terrarian
This problem has been resolved by an amazing developer you can find below.
If you have this problem, I'll try and help now that I know the solution!
Thank you!

How to fix:
Since GameLauncher won't allow you to downgrade (at this current time) to 1.2.4.1, you'll need to find the content folder for that version. Now, sadly, you have to download a cracked version of the game to do this, unless you find the content folder somewhere online. But, then you simply make a backup of your 1.3 content folder, and move it out of your Terraria folder. Then you move in the content folder for 1.2.4.1, make sure everything is properly installed, and bam! It'll work, if you have any problems. I'll be glad to help you out. =)

Last edited:
delete local data and reinstall terraria? it should work normally or try to copy paste xna microsoft studio file in terraria folder (steam one), that work for me

I have done this before, and I tried it again, and by what you have said, this has not worked for me. I need more help!

for tmodloader, I will might ask to blue. for tapi and tconfig you need to downgrade your actual version for making it work

Leave tModLoader out of the picture, I'll give it time to update and such until I mess with it again. tConfig and tAPI I have already downgraded to their respective versions. This is also not the issue, and tConfig and tAPI are updated to there latest versions.

Well, "kernelbase.dll" appears to have an issue. I believe it is from the .NET framework, so updating the framework (4.5.1 or 4.6 [Beta?]). If that doesn't work, I recommend reporting to @bluemagic123, as tModLoader is still in very early development.

Fairly sure it is a problem with .NET though. Perhaps try doing more research on the "kernelbase.dll"?
Hope this helps! :)

KernelBase.dll is surely the issue, I understand that tModLoader is early in Development. However, I will give it time to update and let it grow. But for now, I'm focusing mainly on tAPI, as it is what I would like to use. And however, I have tried updating to .NET 4.5.1 and 4.6. And other versions, including older ones, and all seem to fail. I have done a LARGE amount of research on KernelBase.dll, and other people have had this problem with their computers with other softwares, and have fixed it with issues I have listed above, including user account corruption. But overall, none of these seem to be my problem, and are not being fixed. I may report to him about this, but tAPI is my main focus, anything else?

Edit: The reason why tModLoader is being corrupted or breaking my Terraria.exe file is because it doesn't have support for Terraria 1.3.0.5, so, until he updates it, then it cannot be used. But my tAPI won't work, nor will my tConfig, any help on those?

TBH, I don't think that there is much you can do. You could try finding a safe, reliable "kernelbase.dll" file over the Internet (Not very recommended, dll can be dangerous). The safest bet is to wait and see from one of the developers of the tools.

I very doubt I can get in contact with the tAPI developers, but I'll try. And there is at least no possible way I can get in contact with the tConfig staff, so I'll need help from whatever I can get now.

I have tried installing several online "trusted" DLL files under this, and gave myself the permission to have it, and stuff. And all seems to have the same problem.
Also note that in the properties, it is NOT selected to be "read-only" and that my computer has full access to use the file, meaning there is no security problem here. Something is wrong, and I can't fix it. Thanks for your help, but this sadly still isn't working... =(

Last edited:
I'll take this into private conversation so it's easier to manage what ends up happening with this issue but let me say - all those modloaders should work if vanilla terraria runs properly, if anything goes wrong its likely just a bad installation.

Back
Top Bottom