Official TCF is Adding to the Staff Team - Public Application Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm today is January 19th yet it says that it was posted on January 20th I don't see anything wrong do you?

I'm a time traveler. We have already established this.

63ecf7888ddce6b3e320724bf5902d86.jpg

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

The error message upon clicking the staffing application forum link in the original post.

My apologies....I forgot to push the shiny red button. This has been rectified. :confused:

I just realized that I do not meet all the requirements to apply, welp I just need to wait awhile and then maybe I just might get a shot to join.

I'd be happy to apply sooner or later.. but one thing I'd like to know.

How many times will we get to apply for this application, is it limited, or as many times as we think feels right.

For a young age, I don't really get to be a moderator so much, which could be a problem if I ever apply anyways.

Will having moderating experience increase the chances of being considered a moderator or just a slight one?

I forgot, but congrats, ghost!

As cool as being a moderator might sound, I wonder how many people realize how much they're biting off... I've moderated at least a dozen forums by now in my life, and the two biggest ones were a major pain in the :red:. Think about how many stupid questions you see on these boards. Now multiply each individual question by 500, sprinkle in a bunch of bad grammar, and remember that as a mod you have to answer that question, every time. Not so fun now, huh?

And forum disputes. When two people start jumping at each other's throats, you gotta get in the middle of that and break it up. There's a ton of different things you have to do, it's not as fun as it sounds, and on a giant forum like Terraria.org, you'll have sooooo much to keep up with. It especially doesn't help how few people use the Report feature, though I can't comment on this specific forum, but Neogaf was terrible with this.

So good luck to the person chosen. You'll need it you unlucky devil, you.

As cool as being a moderator might sound, I wonder how many people realize how much they're biting off... I've moderated at least a dozen forums by now in my life, and the two biggest ones were a major pain in the :red:. Think about how many stupid questions you see on these boards. Now multiply each individual question by 500, sprinkle in a bunch of bad grammar, and remember that as a mod you have to answer that question, every time. Not so fun now, huh?

And forum disputes. When two people start jumping at each other's throats, you gotta get in the middle of that and break it up. There's a ton of different things you have to do, it's not as fun as it sounds, and on a giant forum like Terraria.org, you'll have sooooo much to keep up with. It especially doesn't help how few people use the Report feature, though I can't comment on this specific forum, but Neogaf was terrible with this.

So good luck to the person chosen. You'll need it you unlucky devil, you.

This is actually a very good point that I hope a lot of people who apply are aware of, having the responsibility of moderator also comes with a bit of baggage. 99.9% of people tend to be nice, but every now and then you get that one person who just wants to upset others. Not to mention any kind of staff will inevitably get those people who want to cause issues with them simply because they are staff. It's certainly not just an exclusive group of people hanging around drinking coffee together, you have to deal with others, and handle the situation in a calm manner. Also Staff represent Terraria, so theres always pressure to not screw up!. I hope people who apply keep stuff like this in mind.

Having an awesome, experienced, and supportive team goes a long way towards mitigating that side of things.

That said, trust me, you can still have fun...and be a member as well as staff. It is what you make of it. :cool:
Still, I want to be able to voice my own opinion, and having to speak on the behalf of Re-Logic as well as myself feels like having someone behind my shoulder telling me what to say. I'm not saying that's exactly what I think of it as, but I feel like it may eventually become that for me.

Still, I want to be able to voice my own opinion, and having to speak on the behalf of Re-Logic as well as myself feels like having someone behind my shoulder telling me what to say.

If Terraria released an update that had an ore that looked like butts, believe me I would have words, moderator or not. :p

Well, that's one way to say it. Perhaps I'll apply after all, if you put it that way.

It's not like you are not allowed to voice opinions on things by being a staff member, if theres something you don't agree with your allowed to voice your opinion on it. Infact I think a staff member should be required to have opinions on how the forum is run, different ideas help work together to make the forum a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom