Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
VRjtWVK.png

Good day everyone!

It has been a fantastic first several months here on TCF, and we want to thank everyone for their support and activity thus far. That said, even though we are off to a great start, there is always room for improvement. The Staff conducts regular reviews of TCF and our performance, and while we feel we have done a good job upholding the culture of TCF, we feel that moderator coverage may be limited at certain times and that additional moderators may be very beneficial to the community - particularly with the inevitable activity spike from 1.3 and beyond.

In order to help address those needs, we are absolutely pleased to announce that long-time Terrarian and experienced moderator, @Ghostar will be joining the TCF Moderator team effective immediately. If you don't know Ghostar, I think you will find her to be very community-centric, a fair/consistent moderator, quite a fun/cool person, and certainly someone interested in being a member of the community as well as staff. Please take a few moments to congratulate Ghostar on the appointment, wish her well, and maybe get to know her a bit better. :)

kdcROYP.png

That still leaves us with some gaps to fill. This is where you come in. We will be looking to add a few new team members to help close those gaps. The areas that we feel need the most additional help are the mobile and console sections, as well as those who are available for "overnight" coverage (2AM - 6AM PST)

Below are a few qualifications that you should expect to uphold if applying, and especially if selected to be part of the TCF team. For more information about the moderator selection process, visit the User Guide's "Staffing Process" section.

• It should go without saying that any applicants will be expected to abide by the Staff Expectations, and probably already do follow any part of it that can be applied while being a non-staff member.
  • Have an account here on TCF within good standing: either no warning points acquired, or if warning points have been acquired, reformation of inappropriate behaviors has been shown for a significant amount of time.
  • Have been a member of TCF for at least two months. Having an account on Terraria Online (TO) is not required.
  • A general desire to support Terraria, the Terraria Community Forums, and a positive community experience.
  • A generally positive attitude and an overall desire to help other members and the community at large.
  • NOTE: All TCF Staff are required to sign a Re-Logic NDA. This is to allow for full Dev-Staff interaction while protecting Re-Logic Intellectual Property.

Below is the simple application we are asking each applicant to fill out by creating a thread in our Staffing Application Section with the answers to the following questions posted in the first post. We do not have a definite timeline for final decisions around this, but we will say that we expect to add ~2 new team members thorough this process.

Please do not PM the TCF staff or the development team with your application or for assistance generating it. If you have any questions about the process, we would ask that you post them here unless they are of a sensitive nature.

1. Introduce yourself. What is your name, age, etc.?
  2. What platforms do you own and play Terraria on?
  3. What hours per day are you usually online/available? Please provide timezone.
  4. Why would you like to become a TCF moderator?
  5. What moderating experience do you have, if any?
  6. What skills do you have that would enable you to be an effective moderator?
  7. If selected, what kinds of individual strengths would you bring to the current moderating team?
  8. Why do you feel that you deserve to be a moderator of TCF?
divider.png

Thanks and good luck to all of the applicants!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well good luck to all applicants! I certainly hope to get to be a part of the team.

EDIT: Ooooh, so close to first. Second is good enough.

EDIT 2: I just realized the time stamp on this post is a day off. Well hello there, incorrect date.

I'm so happy that ghosty is getting to be on this forums moderating crew, she is a wonderful person and she will do things to her best being a mod. As her lover I can attest to how great she is, even unbiasedly ;o

(Just make sure to give her cheesecake and milk and she'll be perf)

Hmmmm today is January 19th yet it says that it was posted on January 20th I don't see anything wrong do you?

How old do you have to be to apply?

We didn't specify an age - The community has many people of varying ages... If you want to apply, just feel free. We won't ignore your application because of your age ;) Well, unless you're like 12 or something...

I.e; We've not put a hard age restriction. All applications will be read-over and considered.

EDIT: TK NInja'd me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom