Team Fortress 2 thread

Smiffy

Skeletron Prime
General TF2 discussion.

I know EOTL is coming closer, however I want to start with something else that is starting to annoy me to no end: autobalance. Is it just me, or is anyone else seeming to be autobalanced EVERY game they try and play? Don't get me wrong, autobalance has some advantages, however I feel that it's just becoming a pain in the neck.

Whenever I try and win the game for my team I usually end up being autobalanced, and therefore end up fighting against my own efforts. Imagine your boss destroying the work you did for that day and then telling you to redo it all again because someone else had just quit their job. I wouldn't want to put effort into that job, with the risk of losing it all and getting no credit for it. This just leaves me being useless because I just can't be bothered.

What about playing with friends too? Even with a team of three friends there's a high chance of one of them being autobalanced and therefore not being able to play with their friends. Not even spectator mode or reconnecting can help you. Quite ironic that a game about teamwork forces you to play against your friends, right?

I don't think this is right at all. Any other thoughts?

Agh. The new update made autobalance even worse. Linking to thread because I'm lazy.

I only play with my friends, besides from a Valve server or another server I frequent. They're a nice bunch. We like to go onto Zelda maps and our friend's server and do base defense things. We always change our names to "Communist (Insert RPG class here)". Its great fun.

Auto-Balance annoys me. It makes teams have even numbers, but more often than not, they aren't balanced in any way.
I've been playing TF2 more due to me figuring out how to reduce lag, which is by making it run in a different DirectX. I'm not entirely sure how doing that made internet lag disappear, but it did.

I'm really into TF2 right now, but I too agree that auto balance has got to go. I often find myself accidentally trying to kill my own teammates after being auto balanced.

Also, what's EOTL?

I'm really into TF2 right now, but I too agree that auto balance has got to go. I often find myself accidentally trying to kill my own teammates after being auto balanced.

Also, what's EOTL?

EOTL is an upcoming community update that is supposed to add new weapons, along with a feature-length SFM movie (15-20 mins long I think). It was originally a SFM movie, until the creator was approached by Valve to turn it into an update.

Here is the trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmVsOl9qAhs

Back
Top Bottom