Game Mechanics Teleporter random chance thingy

I've checked the Wiki about the Teleporter and tested them out and... it just ain't right. Since teleportation is a complex thing, why not make the mechanics for the teleportaion also complex? My idea is simple:

Random Teleportation. How it works is simple, 2 teleporters are easy to know about, Teleporter A to Teleporter B and Teleporter B to Teleporter A, self-explanitory. But when another teleporter gets wired (Teleporter C) with the 2 teleporters, that's where things get complicated, instead of just being inactive, you can teleport to the Teleporter B (Since Teleporter C is further away from Teleporter A), but in a random chance, so there's a chance you could get teleported to Teleporter B or to Teleporter C. More Teleporters added into the circuit, the chances get thinner as there are more Teleporters (Chance to teleport to Teleporter B, C, D, F, G, H and so on).

Yay! Destroy game mechanics and make luck based, for no apparent reason! Yay!
Wait, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It seems like this would only apply to wiring systems that have three or more teleporters connected by the same wire. Existing teleporter systems would work the same. Nothing's getting destroyed here, ok?
Why would I ever want this to happen?
Admittedly, I'm also kinda struggling to find a use for teleporting to a random destination. But I'm not a T-MEC engineer. Maybe those guys could come up with something interesting.

Maybe having it cycle would be better? Like from leftmost to rightmost, then topmost to bottommost or something like that. More reliable, but accomplishes the same effect.

If this were implemented, it'd have to be something like a 'broken' teleporter and a 'perfect' teleporter. The perfect teleporter would mimic existing functionality. The broken teleporter could teleport randomly and be cheaper or available sooner (perhaps even craftable). Perhaps it could even have a small chance to teleport you anywhere in the world, like a Teleportation Potion.

As touched on previously, not many people would support existing mechanics being changed. But I can see some use for randomness in adventure maps.

If this were implemented, it'd have to be something like a 'broken' teleporter and a 'perfect' teleporter. The perfect teleporter would mimic existing functionality. The broken teleporter could teleport randomly and be cheaper or available sooner (perhaps even craftable). Perhaps it could even have a small chance to teleport you anywhere in the world, like a Teleportation Potion.

As touched on previously, not many people would support existing mechanics being changed. But I can see some use for randomness in adventure maps.

Or having the ability to switch the teleporter from regular to random can also work.

[doublepost=1555327784,1555327671][/doublepost]
Maybe having it cycle would be better? Like from leftmost to rightmost, then topmost to bottommost or something like that. More reliable, but accomplishes the same effect.

An interesting idea.

[doublepost=1555327898][/doublepost]
Yay! Destroy game mechanics and make luck based, for no apparent reason! Yay!

You do realize that I'm talking about connecting all teleporters in one wiring colour, right? Teleporters that are specifically colour connected with one another is still a thing.

[doublepost=1555328000][/doublepost]
Why would I ever want this to happen?

It's either the thing I said or make only the teleporters that are between from the first and the last teleporter have no function at all.

[doublepost=1555328155][/doublepost]
I guess to make a RNG generator?

I forgot that existed, but yes, that can fit in with the Teleporters.

[doublepost=1555328560][/doublepost]
Wait, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It seems like this would only apply to wiring systems that have three or more teleporters connected by the same wire. Existing teleporter systems would work the same. Nothing's getting destroyed here, ok?

Admittedly, I'm also kinda struggling to find a use for teleporting to a random destination. But I'm not a T-MEC engineer. Maybe those guys could come up with something interesting.

1. Yes, that is what I am aiming for, 2 teleporters that are connected with one another will stay the same, but as soon as a third one connects, that's where things get technical.

2. I've already thought up of it, many even! Though it may not serve any good (or decent to be precise) purpose on a regular player world (unless if the player (for unkown reasons) wants to make an interesting challenge), but in servers, they might be able to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom