PC Tell me some fun facts!

I suppose a lot of forum browsers are newer players and never played the original Terraria. The Guide, before 1.2, had an incredibly broken AI. He would walk back and forth opening every door he encountered. So, despite having doors, zombies would constantly get inside your house due to the Guide letting them in, short of straight up blocking the doors.

Clown bombs used to be able to break blocks. I first started playing console 1.2, so I never had to live through that, but I can imagine it must have been awful.

in 1.2.4, if you placed a boulder directly on top of a crafting table that had some stone blocks next to it, it would immediately start rolling either left or right, depending on which way it could roll.

The Zapinator, a super-powerful gun, was on Desktop for developers to test things, but was removed later. The 3DS version ended up getting it in the end as a Plantera drop.

The Frost Legion was actually supposed to have a fourth character, the Exploding Snowman. It has never actually been implemented in the game, but it's sprite got in update in the 1.3 update.

Many people don't realize that Terraria is as much a building game as an adventure game, and setting up an arena to fight a boss would be considerably more helpful than fighting the boss out in the open.

Bonus fact:
During the wait for 1.2, there was a contest held for people to compose Terraria-themed music. There was a first, second, and third place winner decided. The winners got their prizes and were supposed to have their remixes put into the game as music boxes. However, the music was never added and the contest became buried in the sands of time, particularly since the thread for the contest was hosted on Terraria Online. The music still exists on Soundcloud, however. - Never to be added to the game.

Many people don't realize that Terraria is as much a building game as an adventure game, and setting up an arena to fight a boss would be considerably more helpful than fighting the boss out in the open.

Bonus fact:
During the wait for 1.2, there was a contest held for people to compose Terraria-themed music. There was a first, second, and third place winner decided. The winners got their prizes and were supposed to have their remixes put into the game as music boxes. However, the music was never added and the contest became buried in the sands of time, particularly since the thread for the contest was hosted on Terraria Online. The music still exists on Soundcloud, however. - Never to be added to the game.

send me the soundcloud links pls

This is the part where I have to tell you I didn't save the links. See, I assumed at the time that Terraria Online was going to exist forever as a lifeless husk courtesy of Curse and I could just link that thread to people who asked. Well, you know what they say about assuming.

However, we lucked out and I saved the link to one of them on my old browser, which I haven't used in years. The link still works.
https://soundcloud.com/xenonphenom/re-logic-terraria-day-theme

This is the part where I have to tell you I didn't save the links. See, I assumed at the time that Terraria Online was going to exist forever as a lifeless husk courtesy of Curse and I could just link that thread to people who asked. Well, you know what they say about assuming.

However, we lucked out and I saved the link to one of them on my old browser, which I haven't used in years. The link still works.
https://soundcloud.com/xenonphenom/re-logic-terraria-day-theme
thnks

If you put the moon charm in your vanity accesory slot, you will have a werewolf form no matter what the time of day is.
also, you can change your fur color with dyes in the accesory dye slot.

The glass lampost (or something like that) had 2 crafting recipies in 1.2.4.5, although that is not on the wiki
The Lamp Post still has 2 recipes, and the wiki has them, if I am understanding your question
[doublepost=1522348005,1522347954][/doublepost]Also, there is a Slice of Cake in the game files, but isn’t functional, there’s fun fact! It also was intended to give a buff or debuff called Sugar Rush

The name "Plantera" is a play on the title of American metal band Pantera, which is Cenx's favorite band. Plantera drops "The Axe", which is a tribute to the late Guitarist for Pantera, Dimebag Darrell. Also, the achievement for defeating Plantera is called "The Great Southern Plantkill" in reference to the Pantera album "The Great Southern Trendkill". That is also why Plantera's song has this rock/metal theme, it's pretty hard not to notice.

I suggested to Cenx that there should be more sharks added to the game. Later, when they added the Duke Fishron boss, the sharknado effect was part of the battle.
Most recently the sand sharks in hardmore were added which is what I had in mind to begin with.

There are unimplemented chainsaws, drills, axes, and hammers themed for each of the celestial towers. You cannot hack them in with an inventory editor or things like that, however, since when you try to enter a world with it in your inventory it disappears.

Last edited:
There is a fire flower smw-ish sprite at the bottom right corner of the world if you zoom all the way out on the 3ds version.
[doublepost=1522751387,1522751118][/doublepost]A removed enemy from the game was the chattering teeth bomb
The mobile version has files for a chinese new year event with a mythical wyvern, some kind of loot bag, and a mythical wyvern costume.

Back
Top Bottom