Terra Blade vs. Horseman's Blade

Terra Blade, or Horseman's Blade?

• Terra Blade

• Horseman's Blade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Flarion is better than both. In all seriousness, I've never gotten the Horseman's Blade because RNG, so I'll say Terra Blade.

Before anyone talks about DPS, read This first.

With that said, I'm going for Terra Blade, not even because it's DPS, but for it's usefullness outside of invasions.
Decent point, and if I were forced to stick to melee damage I probably would use the Terra Blade most of the time.

But outside of abusing The Horseman's Blade during invasions and moon events, I don't use melee weapons. Not because they're bad, but because after a while you start subconsciously min-maxing. You realize that melee weapons (even the ones that are really ranged weapons in disguise) are less efficient than Razorblade Typhoon, and that Razorblade Typhoon is nice and has high kill speed, but late game summons make most mundane combat passive, and that's even nicer.

I think overall the Terrablade does more damage... could be wrong though. Keep in mind the pumpkins hit random, not singular.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428202823][/DOUBLEPOST]
Flarion is better than both. In all seriousness, I've never gotten the Horseman's Blade because RNG, so I'll say Terra Blade.
Flairon is a little !@#$@%^ that I would remove from the game in a hearbeat.

The Horseman's blade is objectively superior in terms of damage output. The spawned pumpkins are only limited by the number of mobs you can hit with it. If you wire a bunch of mob statues to 1 second timers, swinging on the mobs as they spawn, you can flood the screen with pumpkins, dealing enough damage to wipe out every boss, moon event, and invasion in the game. A Terra Blade, even with its superior tooltip DPS, doesn't compare. Nor does any other weapon currently in the game.
Wrong.
Regardless of base damage, the horseman blade cane only hit at most 6 times per swing. 3 by the actual sword and 3 pumpkins.
The terra blade can hit as many enemies that the game can handle. If there are 200 slimes in the swing range, every single one gets hit and killed.
In terms of possible damage under ideal circumstances, terra blade wins.

Interesting. But I didn't understand what "3 by the actual sword and 3 pumpkins" meant. And even if that's the case (I'll look at the src later), the greater point of the my post stands: the sword wipes out everything in the game in a way that is impossible with the Terra Blade. Although if there were a way to hoik enemies which pass through blocks, the Terra Blade would surpass The Horseman's Blade as it would allow you to pack all extant enemies into a small space. But that isn't the case.

Keep in mind the pumpkins hit random, not singular.
Don't understand what that means either.

Well, in ideal circumstances (very rare) the Terra Blade is defenitely better. It is also better for PVP IIRC.
I haven't actually used the Horsemans Blade, so I can't say much about when, or why, or even if, it is better, but I'd probably use it more often than the Terra Blade, if it is what I think it is.

Nah, you probably wouldn't. If you're just swatting down the occasional stray enemy, the pumpkins are too slow. You'll have killed whatever it was already. That, or you're fighting an Ice Golem or a Paladin, and you'll not want to be in melee range of either of those. With the Horseman's Blade, you'd attempt to generate pumpkins by killing the surrounding weaker enemies, but they can't be aimed, so most of them won't hit the Paladin/Ice Golem. But the Terra Blade only needs to be swung, enabling a more manageable ranged approach.

Never got a Terra Blade (or one BHS) (after like ten solar eclipses) (I hate you RNG) but I think the Terra Blade just looks like a glorified Beam Sword. Melee in general is boring endgame. That's why I like ranged weapons now.

I'll have to agree with Emral, since I don't typically use these two weapons. I'd much rather get the more expensive one and kick :red: with Flairon.

A Terra Blade, even with its superior tooltip DPS, doesn't compare. Nor does any other weapon currently in the game.

Introducing Holy Arrow Tsunami which, when maxed out [no potion buffs] deals ~1300 more DPS [~7400 DPS] than what The Horseman's Blade can pull off [~6100 DPS] with maxed stats [also no buffs] AND exploiting the fact that it can hit 4 enemies [in midair] per swing.

Last edited:
Reactions: W1K
Flailron is like cheating, i refuse to use it (other than to defeat Fishron).
How is it "like cheating"? As long as the game allows you to use it and is not exploiting any vulnerability of the code, it is not cheating.

Introducing Holy Arrow Tsunami which, when maxed out [no potion buffs] deals ~1300 more DPS [~7400 DPS] than what The Horseman's Blade can pull off [~6100 DPS] with maxed stats [also no buffs] AND exploiting the fact that it can hit 4 enemies [in midair] per swing.
Combat doesn't happen in a vacuum. Horseman's Blade + statues has the added benefit of making you invulerable to damage. If you set it up right, that is.

Combat doesn't happen in a vacuum. Horseman's Blade + statues has the added benefit of making you invulerable to damage. If you set it up right, that is.

You mean the exploit that allows you to bypass damage that you're supposed to receive from the higher-damaging enemies?

If you need that much exploits to even be remotely close to the weapons that deal ~5000-6000 DPS anytime and anywhere..

Just keep note that even rangers can simply stand still and make it past the moon events with hardly a problem. No exploits needed.

horsemans blade seems better, have console so no terra blade autoswing so it's crap.

good alternatives: Paladins hammers, vampire knives, or scourge of the corruptors!

You mean the exploit that allows you to bypass damage that you're supposed to receive from the higher-damaging enemies?

If you need that much exploits to even be remotely close to the weapons that deal ~5000-6000 DPS anytime and anywhere..

Just keep note that even rangers can simply stand still and make it past the moon events with hardly a problem. No exploits needed.
Can't help but feel you really want this to turn from a discussion to an argument. Aim your hate boner elsewhere, I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom