Terraforming a world

Alex_Games

Terrarian
So, I've considered the idea of completely reforming a world to my liking, by mining out a large portion of it and creating structures and stuff in it's place, including tons of farms and arena's and such for whatever I want to do. My goal is to make a long list of all of the things I'll be building in this world and adding things as they come (feel free to suggest). I'm not actually going to start this project until I've played the game in all four major classes, requiring that the only damage I do from start to finish, including all 23 bosses of each world, is restricted to the class I'm playing as. As of 4/5/2017, I have completed two classes (Warrior and Summoner). I expect to have the other two done within the next 2-3 weeks.

So, the pre-world list:
Melee Complete
Summoner Complete
Magic IN PROGRESS
Ranged Untouched

Terraforming Plans:
5 Mountains
-4 major classes + a smaller, less detailed one for throwing
-Each will have: all armor, weapons, and accessories for that class; all boss trophies, only including the 24 that earn the achievement (other plan for the rest); teleporter (to hub); hellevator, or more specifically an entrance into the unground; basketball arena (yes, for the magic weapon); decorative defenses/sculptures, such as a moat, cannons, spikes, etc.; various art, furniture, and other decorative things such as statues or a garden; and, finally, a carving (pixel art-ish) on the side of the mountain, illustrating some major symbol for the class (i.e. the head of a stardust dragon). The mountains will be set spawn points for each of my characters.

Farms
-Including: keys, souls, ectoplasm, truffle worms, fishing bait (suggestions?), specific mobs/drops (i.e. Ankh Shield components), and chlorophyte.

Boss/Event Arenas
-Including: all events (expect some AFK stuff), all bosses, and a coliseum design for player v. player.

Fishing Lakes
-Including (based on possible drops): (surface...) forest, ocean, jungle, corruption, crimson, hallow, snow, and honey; (underground...) forest, snow, hallow, and jungle; (cavern...) snow + hallow, snow + crimson, snow + corruption; (any...) floating island, lava, and mushroom.

NPC Houses
-Not specifically houses, but suitable themes.
-Plan so far:
Guide, Tax Collector - Graveyard
Nurse - Hospital
Demolitionist, Arms Dealer, Merchant, Tavern Keeper - Weapons Shop (with major weapons in store and chests containing a copy of all weapons in game in another room)
and Practice Range (target dummies, of course)
Pirate - Pirate Ship docked at..
Angler - Lake house (with each fishing pole, accessory, etc. in a chest and on display)
Dye Trader, Clothier, Stylist - Mall (with separate stores for each)
Painter - Art Museum (featuring all paintings)
Dryad - Farm/Garden (for all useful herbs/plants)
Witchdoctor - Temple (featuring a monument to each of the staffs, much like the carving idea for the mountains)
Party Girl, SteamPunker, Mechanic, Goblin Tinkerer - College (a few classrooms, and then a dormitory) (and, feeding off of the in game dialogue, having the Goblin Tinkerer
and the Mechanic on the same floor, which will lead to them together often)
Cyborg - Space Ship
Wizard - Castle (on a mountain)
Truffle - ?

Other Projects
-Previously mentioned "Underground" will be a grid that allows access to anything below the surface.
-Previously mentioned "Surface" will be flattened before any building begins.
-All teleporters will be linked to a hub, allowing quick access to ALL structures across the world (based on DiceManX's designs) (Also, sorry if I got that name wrong. haven't looked at his work in many months)
-Previously mentioned "Chlorphyte" farm will be built by completely estrting the jungle, and rebuilding it with mud squares, aside from player built structures.
-All biomes will be adjusted for fast, easy mob farming and containment, in the event that a mob is updated to drop something new in the future (idea so far is simply to contain it into a set area so that it can't spread, while the grid keeps it easy to access)
-An enormous trophy room, featuring all armor, trophies, and banners. (yes, ALL of them.) (the armor will have separate mannequins for each interchanging part and a chest lying to its side with ALL related items, such as the weapons and items made from the same ore)

So, that's my idea. Feel free to suggest or offer examples to aid in the growth of the finished project. I'll update this every time I've got something noteworthy to edit, such as when the project actually begins and when a certain structure or goal is completed.

Haha...... Two minutes after posting, I realize that I've completely forgotten about the Truffle. Well, shoot.. guess I've got to think of a house for him too, huh?

Oh, and if anybody thinks that I've posted this in the wrong place, let me know so I can fix it. I seem to have a problem with misunderstanding where to post what..

That project of yours sounds mad! Wish you the best of luck please do share some screenshots of your progress

haha will do. I had a family emergency that sent me to a different state last week, so I'm a bit behind schedule but I should be done with the mage playthrough sometime this week, or early next week.

Back
Top Bottom