Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my problem with Moon Lord. The laser is not dodgeable. It makes that downward swoop, but you can't get out of the way because Moon Lord himself is always locked onto you. The only way to avoid it is through smart placement with solid blocks.
A good fix for this would be to buff the Deathray so that it sweeps in a 360 degree angle, but the Moon Lord completely stops, ceases to attack in any other way, and opens all of his eyes when he fires it.

It provides an opportunity for the player to get some damage in, but you still must dodge the laser.

Or have tiles in a row above his heart, with little openings to fire at the head when you need to :3

I fight him nearly underground. Something has to block him to the top left, and top right of me.

i'll get a picture when I can.

I tried that but had trouble evading his eyes clusters and projectiles in the limited space I had underground.

Here is my problem with Moon Lord. The laser is not dodgeable. It makes that downward swoop, but you can't get out of the way because Moon Lord himself is always locked onto you. The only way to avoid it is through smart placement with solid blocks.

It is dodgeable though, you just have to move towards his eye while moving the same direction as the laser.If he is firing down, try getting above him. If he is firing up, try to get below him. Dashes help a lot, but they aren't required.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436485338,1436485256][/DOUBLEPOST]
A good fix for this would be to buff the Deathray so that it sweeps in a 360 degree angle, but the Moon Lord completely stops, ceases to attack in any other way, and opens all of his eyes when he fires it.

It provides an opportunity for the player to get some damage in, but you still must dodge the laser.

Please no >.< It's hard enough to swoop around it when it's half way. D: I'm sure I could manage, but I'd mostly be busy continuing to dodge instead of attacking any eyes.

I tried that but had trouble evading his eyes clusters and projectiles in the limited space I had underground.
oh, it's definitely tough, still. Heart lanterns, honey, campfires, heart statues even, will help when you don't dodge. I also love the Master Ninja Set (or Solar Armor set) for dashing.

Not a good fix. That would give the player free reign to obliterate the boss for quite some time.

That too, if you get good enough at dodging other attacks you could just take a single hit of the laser and have free range to dps.

Edit: Unless he means increasing the speed of the laser, in which case it becomes even worse >.>

It is dodgeable though, you just have to move towards his eye while moving the same direction as the laser.If he is firing down, try getting above him. If he is firing up, try to get below him. Dashes help a lot, but they aren't required.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436485338,1436485256][/DOUBLEPOST]

Please no >.< It's hard enough to swoop around it when it's half way. D: I'm sure I could manage, but I'd mostly be busy continuing to dodge instead of attacking any eyes.
He stops completely. You just have to do a full circle around him.
It'd be a lot easier to dodge than previously.

It's hard enough to swoop around it when it's half way. D: I'm sure I could manage, but I'd mostly be busy continuing to dodge instead of attacking any eyes.

If you get close enough to the head, as it is the best way to dodge it even currently, you can get behind the laser beam. If it goes full circle, that's a lot of time to bash him. So no, this would be a bad fix.

Not a good fix. That would give the player free reign to obliterate the boss for quite some time. Rod of Discord would make this a walk in the park with a piece of cake.
Well that's the point. It's a chance to deal as much damage as possible.

You could maybe make the laser move faster as well, though.

Players have claimed earlier in this thread that it's now basically a reskin of the Tsunami bow. It's best to test it yourself though, but not against dummies.

I definitely support other people testing it, but it isn't even a reskin, it's worse.

So far I've tested 18 golems and 8 pillars, every time the Tsunami blows the Phantasm away.

If you get close enough to the head, you can get behind the laser beam. If it goes full circle, that's a lot of time to bash him.

Didn't even think of that >.> You wouldn't actually even need to move once you got to a point the laser had already been to. Just Rod of Discord to the other side of it and bam.

Also, not sure why I didn't think of that before, but the Rod would make dodging the laser easy, or save it for those pesky rings of eyes.

Didn't even think of that >.> You wouldn't actually even need to move once you got to a point the laser had already been to. Just Rod of Discord to the other side of it and bam.

Also, not sure why I didn't think of that before, but the Rod would make dodging the laser easy, or save it for those pesky rings of eyes.

I use it to dodge the 3 laser beams at once, but its cooldown isn't exactly fast, so the next attack will prolly hit.

Just wrecked the Moon bustard with solar eruption and beetle armor Yrimir's style +super potions a lot of alchemy and skeletron arena +some overhead blocks to protect against lasers. Make gear like Yrimir's reforge for warding and dodge the eyes. I dont envy ranged\magic types though...

As I said - waiting for melee nerfs))

Well that's the point. It's a chance to deal as much damage as possible.

You could maybe make the laser move faster as well, though.

No. A (basically) stunned boss does not make for a fun fight. It makes it unfair towards the boss.

Edit: I'm also looking at you Witcher 3 and your charge smack into a wall creatures

So basically, Moon Lord is now impossible solo because you can't even use the Cheese method to kill him now.

Meanwhile, he wasn't rebalanced at all whatsoever.

No. A (basically) stunned boss does not make for a fun fight. It makes it unfair towards the boss.

Reminds me of DND 4.0s attempt for Solo Elites >.< Oh no, giant powerful looking monster *proceeds to stunlock and entirely shut it down for the 2 turns it's alive.*

Just wrecked the Moon bustard with solar eruption and beetle armor Yrimir's style +super potions a lot of alchemy and skeletron arena +some overhead blocks to protect against lasers. Make gear like Yrimir's reforge for warding and dodge the eyes. I dont envy ranged\magic types though...
Melee seems to be the only way of actually killing him now.

The game already had a difficulty cliff at the beginning of Hardmode, after defeating Golem and at the Moon Lord fight. The Moon Lord's cliff just went all the way up to Valhalla.

The game already had a difficulty cliff at the beginning of Hardmode, after defeating Golem and at the Moon Lord fight. The Moon Lord's cliff just went all the way up to Valhalla.

Aside from the Moon Lord fight, I don't really see how any of those jumps are anything but standard progression, though.

Edit: And while the Moon Lord is definitely a bigger jump in difficulty, I still don't think it's too much.

Edit: Biggest difficulty jump was hopping on after 1.3 came out and being within 2 screens of a marble biome ;)

I think it WILL go to Valhalla. Because now its still not nearly impossible. With melee anyway. I just smashed his face in with pre-moon lord gear easily. I mean: get all the potions for defense, damage reduction, crit, damage, speed and health regen, get warding accessories like Yrimir's and you can pretty much facetank him, while hitting through walls... Eye laser still hurt when they fly out of him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom