Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny enough, I called this happening. What other battle strategy is going to get patched out in an attempt to negate it? Look out melee users, they're probably coming after you next!

Anyone could've seen it coming from the first mention of it. Instead of making the battle more interesting, they're weeding out cheesy "tactics". I'm beginning to think the Cultist fight design was a very fortunate accident.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436477666,1436477569][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never said it has to be timed? I said I'm going to test if it's possible. but I highly doubt it.

"The Moon Lord will Teleport to you and if you aren't extremely fast with healing and using your hook out your nurse will get shredded to pieces and the struggle will be huge."

Sorry, from what you said I gathered that you already tried it.

Just died by my own meowmere. 416 damage. Whoops? onto the bug report!

Sorry, from what you said I gathered that you already tried it.

What I meant was it's something I'm wondering. I know that I was just in time to get the heal off, which is a surprise on itself. I'm just trying to think outside the box.

Fair enough. Regarding why ML fight isn't fun, SacredCaedeus has a good post on page 9 of this thread. Why not address it? I'm trying to understand your perspective of it since you do find the battle fun.

EDIT: it would be interesting if we could have a short questionnaire ingame for the next update. Terraria has a big player base and a very small part of it is active on forums. I'm sure it would be helpful to gauge the overall impression players have with regards to the final battle and loot. Also maybe the introduction of an even harder and an easier (than normal) difficulty mode

Seriously, why is everyone so mad about the moonlord, because a clear cheesing method was removed from the game?

I also wonder why is it so hard to create an arena and deal with him there. Most of his attacks can be avoided that way. Fighting him in the open world really isn't wise to do anyway, so arena seems like the best idea to deal with the guy. He deserves one, too, as he isn't a joke and that's what's great about him.

I'm honestly wondering whether people are just lazy to build arenas or to think of an actual strategy other than sma:red:ba:red:, or what? I have killed him over 30 times so far and have no issues doing it with any class, without teleporting to the nurse. Terraria offers you to use the terrain, so why not doing it like that? I guess that's it just easier to cry how he's hard so that he gets nerfed...

*sigh* I just had to let this out of me, because it really is annoying seeing people state that he's that hard, whilst others beat him regardless of his buffs. If it offended someone, I'm sorry, it wasn't the point of the post.

try expert mode :)

Huh... Some of these comments are starting to remind me of this when I read them...
Anyway, good job with all these bug fixes and nerfing Medusa. Hopefully now she won't be sniping players from the dark anymore.

There's still one thing that's been bugging me since 1.3.0.1; Whenever I try interacting with anything while holding the Portal Gun, such as opening a door or flicking a switch, I end up unintentionally firing the blue portal. Is it possible to make a quick fix for this without going through too much trouble?

No its not a bug. Selenians reflect projectiles.

Didn't know. I never used Meowmere until now to rush :p

There's still one thing that's been bugging me since 1.3.0.1; Whenever I try interacting with anything while holding the Portal Gun, such as opening a door or flicking a switch, I end up unintentionally firing the blue portal. Is it possible to make a quick fix for this without going through too much trouble?

Or you use scroll your mouse 1 tick up or down :p

Hurrah...the Moon Lord is now actually really friggin' difficult...Never got a chance to kill him before the patch...*grumble grumble*
Besides that, Bugfixes! Woooo!
even with my overpowered phantasm and stardust dragon...I have NEVER beaten the moon lord without using the nurse...I'm not sure if its just me or what but..i honestly don't think its possible for the average summoner to win.... ;(

even with my overpowered phantasm and stardust dragon...I have NEVER beaten the moon lord without using the nurse...I'm not sure if its just me or what but..i honestly don't think its possible for the average summoner to win.... ;(
I solo moon lord quite easily..... and I dont even need the nurse.

Long asphalt platform or infinite fly mount. Maybe the stardust cells are more appropriate for this fight. Keep your distance from the boss at all times (rod of discord is a life saver here, but wired teleporters work too) and unleash hell on it. At least that's how I did it as summoner.

I found moon lord hard enough with his practically unavoidable attacks. You can't consistently dodge the lasers without a wall, and only melee has a strong enough wallpiercing weapon to handle the top eye. At least reduce the health of his top eye, so that he becomes actually manageable.

Hell, these patches are reminding me of Darl Souls 2 patching. You seem to know what the issue is, but are almost completely unaware of how to balance things. Things that didn't need nerfs got them, and things that DID need them got buffed instead. It's just like the chaos blade. Was so powerful people would gank you for using it. Everyone called for nerfing it, and then it got buffed to having the highest counter damage in the game, a straight hit to what made it overpowered in the first place, but in precisely the wrong direction. I love the game, but I didn't come here to downgrade because the game's switching to Bal-nace.

Last edited:
Great that Medusae aren't broken, and likewise with multiplayer FPS and achievement fixes. It kinda sucked having to do a singleplayer playthrough just for the achievements.
My ego also thanks you for fixing the Shadow Orb bug i reported...

Long asphalt platform or infinite fly mount. Maybe the stardust cells are more appropriate for this fight. Keep your distance from the boss at all times (rod of discord is a life saver here, but wired teleporters work too) and unleash hell on it. At least that's how I did it as summoner.
Im guessing that magic mirror wont work anymore, but what will the moon lord do for you to not escape the area around him(with rod of discord/teleporters). Will it work like the WoF's Tounge, thats how im guessing it

Im guessing that magic mirror wont work anymore, but what will the moon lord do for you to not escape the area around him(with rod of discord/teleporters). Will it work like the WoF's Tounge, thats how im guessing it

Someone posted you can get a fair bit away from it before it teleports to you. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds fair enough to fight him from almost a screen width distance, which is about as much as you need if you want your summons to actually do damage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436479946,1436479839][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright, let's see what popular opinion really is on the Moon Lord buff. Time to try out the Strawpoll thing.

VOTE HERE

Not a good way to do it. The forums consist of mostly hardcore players, which will vote "no"

Heh, I can almost see what'll be next:
1) Solar Eruption nerf - less damage, no wall piercing
2) Moon Lord 4.0: his laser and projectiles piercing walls
3) Heart Statues disabled during the fight

Because you know... You still can kill him through walls with a yo-yo and only thing you'll need to dodge is the Eye Cluster Charge:)

Ah, sorry - I forgot about Rod of Discord - using it will instakill you with a message - "No escape for you, cowardly terrarian!"

Not a good way to do it. The forums consist of mostly hardcore players, which will vote "no"

You'd be surprised.

Though I do think the poll also should've asked whether you've beaten him solo, because the Moon Lord is piss-easy in multiplayer. Might do another one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom