Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started up the game, made a new character, made a new world, LOADED said world with said character, got a few chests and then my game hard crashed. Opened up the game and did it again, only this time I didn't have time to get the chests before it crashed again. ;~;

Edit: It seems to happen consistently when I go down a certain cave. It always crashes in the same spot.

EditEdit: Oh, and I'm on Linux. :dryadtongue:

Last edited:
I can't download Linux version. :eek:
When i press Install button, Steam says game downloaded (less than one second have passed). :mad:
It doesn't matter if i have opted into beta or not.

I can't download Linux version. :eek:
When i press Install button, Steam says game downloaded (less than one second have passed). :mad:
It doesn't matter if i have opted into beta or not.
This is a known issue in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

I started up the game, made a new character, made a new world, LOADED said world with said character, got a few chests and then my game hard crashed. Opened up the game and did it again, only this time I didn't have time to get the chests before it crashed again. ;~;

Edit: It seems to happen consistently when I go down a certain cave. It always crashes in the same spot.

EditEdit: Oh, and I'm on Linux. :dryadtongue:
Please report this in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

We will assist you with the issue there - Thanks!

Okay.. so far....
Loads fine. Noticed its actually 64-bit. Nice, thank you.
Copied my config and stuff over from my WINE install. Working, so far. Even the cursor borders. For the record, here's the config I'm using:
~snip~
One thing of note -- either Steam or devs need to get together and determine where you all are gunna save stuff in *nix. War Thunder saves to ~/.config/War Thunder/ (that is hidden by default) and a few other games save to their install folder, or their own ~/.gamename/ (hidden due to . in front). I like ~/My Games, ~/Documents/My Games/, or the games' install folders myself. Actually just noticed this game also creates a new folder. in ~/My Games/Terraria. Well it seems the old 'please use X directory' arguement from windows will be similar in *nix anyhow since even system packages sometimes can't figure out where to put their own crap :p

Also, ICON! Trying to figure it out for you, but there has to be a way to make it so that the desktop icons aren't generic "steam logo" icons...

First, thanks for the feedback. We know we can put an icon, it's just in open beta right now and an icon wasn't exactly high priority

Second, the next version will include an option to set your own save directory. This has already been discussed in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

For future feedback and issues, please report them there so we can keep things organized.

yes, I linked the social group 3 times in this post... #dealwithit lol

Last edited:
You will have to click the big blue button on the top right labeled "Join Social Group" - After that someone will approve you as soon as we can. (Keep in mind it's off hours for the staff, so you may not be approved until morning our time)

You will have to click the big blue button on the top right labeled "Join Social Group" - After that someone will approve you as soon as we can. (Keep in mind it's off hours for the staff, so you may not be approved until morning our time)

Oh, I see the problem now... I'm stupid. Got it. :dryadtongue:

I can't open Terraria! No problem getting the beta installed but then when it comes to "Clicking Play" it opens in my dock but doesn't actually open. Really worried as I have been waiting so long for this :(

Greetings!

I'd sincerely would like to thank the Re-Logic Team for developping a version of Terraria for Mac and Linux users! It really warms my heart.

However, I experience an issue with the beta. I want to report it the Testing Feedback Forum, but I seem to not have the privileges to do that. My issue is also not present in the "Check Here First!" topic.

I managed to install Terraria without any problem. My problem is: When I click the "Play" button, the Terraria icon appears on my dock before disappearing in less than a second. I own Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion. I've scrolled through this topic and it seems there are several people who experience the same thing! Rebooting my computer and reinstalling the game won't change anything.

Thank you! ^^

Where do I post bugs/problems with the beta? Btw I'm new to the forum so don't blame me if I'm bad at posting xD

Hello there Terrarians!

We hope that you have enjoyed your first month with Terraria 1.3. The team has been hard at work - with your help - finding and smashing bugs, and we hope that we will be able to get to any that remain over the coming weeks so that everyone has the awesome gaming experience we intended. We are releasing Terraria 1.3.0.7 today - which adds support for our Mac/Linux Beta. That said, you will still need to download new Dedicated Server Software by clicking the link below.

In parallel, as many of you know, a portion of the team - headed by @Skiphs - has been pursuing the development of Terraria for Mac & Linux. Our initial plan was to have this out during the month of July. However, as we have delved deeper into these ports - coupled with seeing how helpful the community can with finding issues/bugs - we have decided that we will conduct our first ever Open Beta around the Mac and Linux versions of Terraria!

Do note that this will not likely become our new "way" of primary testing. We figured this made a lot of sense given that there is no new content to hide (1.3 is already out), and there are simply more Mac and Linux players in our community than we could try to pull together ourselves. So, we call on you - our amazing fans - to help us finish these out!

What do you say? Are you up to the task? If you think so, read on....

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BETA TESTING CAN AFFECT YOUR PLAYER AND WORLD FILES. Please manually back up all worlds and characters before participating in the Beta. While there are no known issues that would cause the loss of data, it's important to be prepared.

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta Instructions

View attachment 65263

Open Steam and find Terraria on your game list.

divider.png

View attachment 65256

Right click "Terraria" and select "Properties"

divider.png

View attachment 65267

In the betas tab of the properties window, there will be a dropdown with the option for the Mac And Linux Open Beta. Select this and close the window.

divider.png

View attachment 65249

Click install, either by right clicking, or clicking the large install button on the main panel.

divider.png

View attachment 65252

Let Terraria install.

divider.png

View attachment 65245

Once finish, simply click "Play"

divider.png

View attachment 65268

Enjoy :)

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta - How to Give Feedback

We will be utilizing TCF's Social Group feature to help everyone provide structured feedback. If you are participating in the Open Beta, please make sure that you join the Social Group linked below. Instructions on what is expected are located there. Please take this seriously - the Group is for feedback and testing, it is not a social outlet.

Click the Terraria 1.3 Banner Below to link directly to the Open Beta Social Group!

That said, we hope everyone has fun helping us bring Terraria for Mac & Linux to the finish line!

View attachment 65271

if you guys are still trying to find bugs I recently noticed a spelling error in the steampunk wings tooltip it says "allows flight and slowfall" skipping the space between slow and fall

Do you need to own a copy of Terraria on PC to play on mac or can you just buy it on steam for mac when it is released?
[DOUBLEPOST=1437726838,1437726579][/DOUBLEPOST]So do you need a copy of Terraria to play on PC or can you buy terraria straightaway on mac when it comes out on steam?
(Apologies, I'm figuring out how to use these forums, made an account like half an hour ago :p)

I have gotten the server running as is on ARMv7 with my Odroid XU3 and on ARMv6 with my RasPi 2

Try this - Under Ubuntu 14.04 for ARMv7 or Raspbian for RasPi
Code:
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
cd <your Terraria director> or cd ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria (by default)
mono TerrariaServer.exe

Keep in mind, this is not supported and completely experimental as it is right now. But it works pretty well for me on my Odroid XU3 (kinda sluggish on my raspi at times)

Mono introduces a lot of overhead in terms of memory usage. I dont know if dc server uses any external libraries that cant be compiled for ARM but if doesnt, it should be as simple as running `make` on a raspi right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom