3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

An issue I found recently is that flasks dont last for 15 minutes but rather for about 1 minute..

Edit: Nevermimd, What happens is that say you have potion sickness and then you use a flask, the buff lasts alot less longer than usual.

Last edited:
Anything ever mentioned in these updates about work done on the world corruption bug? It isnt very fun to lose all the hard work on one of your worlds.

Devs do you have any word on if this is in the works to be fixed next patch? It is not an uncommon problem but yet its so devastating.

Is there at least any clues on a way to avoid it? I would keep playing.....but scared to lose all my hard work.

It would be smart not to build gigantic structures with lots of animations and lighting. The 3DS can only handle so much.

My worlds getting corrupted happened to me a lot (about 4 times) before the update, and one even got corrupted after the update came out, but that world was created before the update. Hasn't happened to me at all on my worlds created after the update. It might've been fixed or I've just been lucky. Still, keep important items in safes and piggy banks just in case.

EDIT: Fixed typo

Last edited:
It was not very large actually , pretty standard housing and torches for light where needed , it didn't lag while playing or crash while playing , it crashed while loading. Besides that what if someone wanted to build? The game supports the concept of to build to your hearts content , it is the devs jobs to fix the problems and suggesting don't build doesn't help. The 3ds seems capable of handling it since building alot of stuff doesn't cause it to lag super hard or crash , so it isn't the system being unable to handle it , the problem comes later with loading. Maybe its a corruption or an issue loading.

And to the other guy this is after 1.05 , so it sadly still can happen :(

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

New to the forum, but I found a problem I haven't seen yet. When my brother and I play multiplayer, I am unable to interact with the brain of cuthullu until his eyes have been destroyed. One of the issues may be he and I are playing different models of the 3ds. Any help would be appreciated.
Me being a PC player back in 1.2ish I remember him being like that. So I think that was intentional. (I hope that's the right word)

I guess I've been lucky in that I haven't had a crash yet on my system.

I know I have a wishlist for more content, mostly just that I want all tree types and their respective wood =/ I just really like building with Palm trees XD
Would also love to make hardcore characters with perma death and the like.

Really wish I could say something about bugs, but I haven't actually really seen any personally. I do dig the expanded world though.

I can only seem to place wooden beams next to any block except other wooden beams. It won't give me the option to place them if the only block they're next to is a wooden beam. Makes placing them more tedious.

I made the world post 1.05 and then it still got corrupted. So whatever causes it , 1.05 did not fix it D:
Oh no... Time to stop playing again, it seems. Don't want to lose my world. :/

at this point I'm starting to lose hope that the game is ever going to be crash free... I had a great time playing it but the constant crashing was always scary and now I'm scared to keep playing and losing my world. it sucks honestly because playing it made Terraria one of my favorite games. I don't want to say anything bad about the developers because I know they worked very hard and it must be terrible for them to have people unhappy with what they did but maybe you guys need to hire someone to take a look at the game code or something... I don't know.

no. It's called the system is running out of RAM to run the game. This was said for the PS Vita version as well. I just doesn't have enough RAM to properly run the whole game which is why it'll never reach 1.3. I recommend not building huge structures and keep lighting values to a minimum. If you have a thousand torches on screen it might do something.

But why then does that mean the game runs perfectly fine when playing it with no lag......then crashes on loading? And ive played the vita version extensively myself and never had this one issue , but in less than a week had the issue come up on 3ds. I just think if it was a RAM problem then the problem would come up during gameplay before the loading issue. The fact is you can be playing fine one moment , exit , and then unable to load. There is no indication you are overloading the game. I've done more on the vita version than I ever did on the 3ds , and on that version I had built enough to cause lag but the game still ran and loaded correctly. There is a problem with the game itself I think rather than a RAM issue.

The issue everyone is having is the game crapping out when loading , not playing.

Besides that saying "don't build stuff" is counterintuitive to one of the core tennants to the game , just telling players not to build is just like telling them not to play. It just isn't helpful. Personally I would just like developer input since I saw no mention of it in the recent patches at all. Save file corruption is a severe issue.

the more crazy you try to build things the more the game HAS to load and remember ALL THE TIME. What does this mean? More cpu usage. More cpu usage would cause the crashes.

I'm playing on the new Nintendo 3ds. Wheneverr I equip a consumable like the crystal heart or mana crystals, it immediately disappears when I exit the inventory screen. Does anyone know what to do?

no. It's called the system is running out of RAM to run the game. This was said for the PS Vita version as well. I just doesn't have enough RAM to properly run the whole game which is why it'll never reach 1.3. I recommend not building huge structures and keep lighting values to a minimum. If you have a thousand torches on screen it might do something.

this is completely wrong. the problem is in the game itself not the hardware, this version was designed to run on the original 3DS, and had access to the New 3DS extra power. I play on a New 3DS and it has always crashed, and the New 3DS is a system with over double the processing power and memory. it's the game. not the 3DS.

it sucks people who don't know what they're talking about are assuming its a problem with the console and blaming it, because the 3DS is a fine console. it may be unnderpowered but it has never crashed running a well optimized game.

if it was a problem with the hardware we'd see other demanding games crash too wouldn't we? but no, when a bug free game struggles to run on the 3DS it just lags or runs slow, never crashes.

the only thing you can blame the 3DS for, is for the game not being able to handle much more content. that is all.

this is completely wrong. the problem is in the game itself not the hardware, this version was designed to run on the original 3DS, and had access to the New 3DS extra power. I play on a New 3DS and it has always crashed, and the New 3DS is a system with over double the processing power and memory. it's the game. not the 3DS.

it sucks people who don't know what they're talking about are assuming its a problem with the console and blaming it, because the 3DS is a fine console. it may be unnderpowered but it has never crashed running a well optimized game.

if it was a problem with the hardware we'd see other demanding games crash too wouldn't we? but no, when a bug free game struggles to run on the 3DS it just lags or runs slow, never crashes.

the only thing you can blame the 3DS for, is for the game not being able to handle much more content. that is all.

I guess the only way to see if it really is big builds/building too much that causes the crashes is to properly test it out ourselfs. My big structure does cause a small frame drop but hasn't caused the game to crash at all. Maybe I should prepare for an even bigger build next time I play

I agree with the guy above , if the game is "struggling to run" it , then it would show lag. I've seen multiple files running before which didn't show much lag at all but still ended up crashing on attempting to load . The problem is coming from the game and not the system which is running the game fine.

Besides this problem ......IS A SAVE FILE CORRUPTION You wouldn't put up with this issue on PC now would you? Whatever is causing it should be fixed , people want a game they can idk play? The no loading issue seems totally unrelated to the size of structures as it is .

Save file corruption is not a small issue you just sweep under the rug saying it's a hardware problem.

I have more faith in the devs believing they wouldn't put the game out if building too much caused the entire file to go corrupt . I can accept lag , and long loading times because whatever . But the entire file going corrupt is not excusable as a "hardware issue"

I'll say it again , we need dev input. Not some random guy on the forums . We have no proof what is the issue.
The only thing we know is that the save files go corruptt.

Back
Top Bottom