Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

what if it was made that if you leave the mechanic in the dungeon for an in-game year, the mech bosses would awaken, including the mech brain, and if you cant defeat them Cthulhu awakens and destroys the entire world?

It's quite underwhelming to be quite honest.

If Skeletron is the skeleton of Cthulhu and the Moon Lord is Cthulhu reborn, why are their skulls completely different?
Is the eater of worlds supposed to be the guts of Chtulhu now? His spine? His :red:?
If Corruption and Crimson are both supposed to be balancing elements, why does only one ever naturally happen on a world? Why doesn't unleashing the ancient spirits of dark release the missing one instead?
If the dryad is the single survivor, why is another dryad with a different name coming up after she dies in the game?
She is reborn

Happy 8th Terraria Anniversary everyone! Eight years is a long time indeed, and it has been a wild ride – one full of ups and downs, joy and challenges, and a whole lot of additions to the game we all love so much. What began as a game that ended with Skeletron has flourished into an expansive adventure that spans multiple diverse biomes, culminating in an epic battle against the dreaded Moon Lord!

We never could have made it this far without your amazing, unwavering support – and we promise we never have and never will take that lightly or for granted. Thank you!

As a way of celebrating the occasion, we figured it would be fun to give everyone a little peek behind the curtain into the “what”, “why”, and “how” of this great Terrarian adventure! Why are things in the world the way they are? What’s the deal with the Dryad? Read on to have your burning questions answered… and even deeper questions raised – because after all, its still your adventure as well!

Is the water of worlds cuthulu's intestine, I always thought it was due to the fact the mechanic created the other mech bosses trying to recreate cuthulu.

This lore... I don’t know. I suppose I’m more of a “show don’t tell” kind of guy but putting lore into vanilla might’ve also been awkward. It felt out of place then and my opinions haven’t really changed much since. Oh well who cares it’s Terraria.

Happy 8th Terraria Anniversary everyone! Eight years is a long time indeed, and it has been a wild ride – one full of ups and downs, joy and challenges, and a whole lot of additions to the game we all love so much. What began as a game that ended with Skeletron has flourished into an expansive adventure that spans multiple diverse biomes, culminating in an epic battle against the dreaded Moon Lord!

We never could have made it this far without your amazing, unwavering support – and we promise we never have and never will take that lightly or for granted. Thank you!

As a way of celebrating the occasion, we figured it would be fun to give everyone a little peek behind the curtain into the “what”, “why”, and “how” of this great Terrarian adventure! Why are things in the world the way they are? What’s the deal with the Dryad? Read on to have your burning questions answered… and even deeper questions raised – because after all, its still your adventure as well!

So the mechanic is responsible for the mechanical bosses. And skeletron prime is a failed experiment for restoring Cthulhu to his full potential.
The destroyer is a new spinal cord for Cthulhu. And the mechanical eyes or twins are just replacements for Cthulhu's old eyes
The crimson is a flesh like corruption and extension cthulhu/moonlord. Because the boss is literally called brain of Cthulhu.
The corruption is a extinction of the demonic realm of hell.
But the bartender from eternia literally tells us that the guides have a dark Aura same dark or that he finds in eternia. The order of the guides are somehow related to the corruption in hell for demons carry their voodoo dolls.
So the question is who is the true evil. The two opposing evils crimson and corruption. Or the guides making the players destroy everything in order to complete their conquest.
Do the guide sell their souls for knowledge as a self-sacrifice for the hero to complete their quest?

I think I also just came across epiphany. The towers that come from other parts of the universe or alien races that had their planets destroyed by cthulhu. And when they detect any cthulhu-like energy from forming they invade in order to keep the Cthulhu from destroying more of the universe. But the extraterrestrials are a neutral party and don't care for other terrestrials therefore they're somewhat your enemy. The towers are just energy beacons that allow them to travel points around the universe kind of like an anchor in a wormhole.

Last edited:
I like to think that the eater of worlds was a test run to see if the mechanic knew what she was doing before the cult forced her to mess with something as important as their diety Chuthlu

Back
Top Bottom