Terraria bar tier list.

AbominationGod

Terrarian
I figured i would do a tier list since i love ranking things. These are my opinions so don’t just take this as fact.

The ranks are as follows:

S tier: Essential bar with so much purpose, so much versitility, options and overall the essential bar in your playthrough.

A Tier: Not as good as the bars above but still great in their own right. Also great bars you should use in your playthrough.

B tier: Good bars, but there are some other ones that are better.

C tier: mid, mediocre. The middle ground of this tier list essentially. There are better bars you could use.

D tier: bad bars, serve some purpose and has niche uses but that’s all their worth.

E tier: Serves little purpose. Only time you would use this bar is for it’s super situational uses. Avoid these

F tier: absolute dog:red: and should be avoided at all costs if you take the game seriously.

Anyways with out further ado lets go from best to worst.

====S Tier====

==Iron Bars/Lead Bars==
Absolutely goated bars, they are the building blocks(figuratively) of your playthrough. It can create the anvil, which can craft so many things and is useful all the way til hardmode. They can create chests, create other crafting stations and so much more. Lead is stronger than iron so it is slightly better than iron. Although iron/lead armor and pickaxes and can be outclassed by stronger bars, these issues do not concern me in the slightest.

==Chlorophyte Bars==
Another goated bar, it can also craft so many useful things, the armors it derives from are good to great, it has 2 bars it derives from. The only issue is that the pickaxe is useless since it has the same mining power as the drax/pickaxe axe but again, this issue does not concern me.

==Luminite Bars==
It is great since it can create some really powerful gear, but since your playthrough is over since you beat moon lord, this bar is entirely optional.

====A Tier====

==Gold/Platinum Bars==

Pickaxes can mine meteorite, armor is good for boss fights, it can make crowns so you can make slime crowns. Only reason it’s not in S tier is because it is much rarer to find than Silver/Tungsten and it can be outclassed by other bars post Eow/Boc.

==Orichalcum/Mythril Bars==

The anvils and pickaxes are useful pre mech boss. The anvils can craft so much more. Only reason it is A tier is because it has the same issues as iron/lead and it doesn’t craft as much. Orichalcum is slightly better than mythril due to the armor.

==Hollowed Bars==
Can create hallowed armor, other weapons, can mine chlorophyte. Overall another great bar.

====B Tier====

==Meteorite Bars==

Meteorite armor and space gun are a great combo, star cannon is goated, meteor staff is great. Only downside is that meteors spawn randomly post evil boss and the weapons can be outclassed by other weapons the more your progress.

==Silver/Tungsten Bars==

Decent bars and good armor if you don’t want to get gold tier armor. You can craft silver tier bullets which is a plus but that only applies to rangers.

==Hellstone Bars==

Essential for getting hardmode ores, armor is good, but the downside is that it requires one obsidian which can get a little bit annoying.

==Spectre Bars==

Armor with hood is goated, but sadly that is the only good use. Other than that if you’re not mage than this bar won’t be of much use for you.

====C Tier====

==Shroomite Bars==
Same as spectre but armor set bonus isn’t useful. Shroomite digging claw is fast as :red: but other than that it is a C tier since it suffers the same problems as spectre.

==Evil Bars==

Essential for hellstone which in turn is essential for hardmode ores. Armor can be outclassed by others however. Crimtane is slightly better than demonite due to slightly higher stats.

==Adamantite/Titanium Bars==

Forge can create more bars but armor is easily outclassed by hallowed armor. Pickaxes and axes are useless. Titanium is slightly better than adamantite due to set bonus.

====D Tier====

==Palladium Bars==

Only purpose is to mine Orichalcum tier ores. D tier and not E tier since the set bonus.

====E Tier====

==Cobalt Bars==

Armor is easily outclassed, everything is outclassed. Only purpose is the pickaxe.

====F Tier====

==Copper/Tin Bars==

Absolute dog:red: bars. Everything that derives from this is useless and easily outclassed. The only purpose for the copper shortsword is to get the zenith, if your not melee then it is pointless.
It does not matter if tin is better than copper since they both do not craft much. Avoid these.

====THE END====
my-image.png

I would put silver and tungsten in A tier, they're both great for early game armour if you can't be bothered grinding out a full gold tier armour set, and the tools are decent.

I would put silver and tungsten in A tier, they're both great for early game armour if you can't be bothered grinding out a full gold tier armour set, and the tools are decent.
Honestly, I would put them in C tier. They are ok as armor but oftentimes, if you are willing to grind for a full set of silver/tungsten you are probably not far off from platinum/gold, at least from my experience. And unlike gold/platinum and iron/lead, they have absolutely no uses beyond the very early game and just collect dust in your storage.

Honestly, I would put them in C tier. They are ok as armor but oftentimes, if you are willing to grind for a full set of silver/tungsten you are probably not far off from platinum/gold, at least from my experience. And unlike gold/platinum and iron/lead, they have absolutely no uses beyond the very early game and just collect dust in your storage.
each to their own, silver. :)

Personally, I think no timer is worthless, just that one does not have a reason to use it, so any bar used to make a timer cannot be useless. One-trick pony, sure, but the 10s timer is worth more than cobalt. I would not boost gold/platinum into S over it, but it is close. I'd seriously consider bumping silver/tungsten, though.

For example, mushroom farms need not be cycled any faster than 10s, so why not use copper rather than using up gold that would be much more useful as ore to make Spelunking potions?

you forgot one slight problem... timers can now be bought from the mechanic since 1.4.1, making your statement {{exclusive|invert=y|1.4.1|3ds=y}}, and thus incorrect unless you're using 1.3-legacy tmodloader.

you forgot one slight problem... timers can now be bought from the mechanic since 1.4.1, making your statement {{exclusive|invert=y|1.4.1|3ds=y}}, and thus incorrect unless you're using 1.3-legacy tmodloader.
Sure, but that doesn't make it useless. It's just not the only source. I wouldn't go out of my way to mine any, no, but if copper were in a crate or chest, or in the way of my Hellavator, I also wouldn't just toss it unless I had no space left, and in that case, I'm far more likely to toss dirt or stone. Would I buy one rather than craft one using some chain? Probably not. Might as well save the cash for Clentaminator solution.

I only came to see if iron/lead were in S tier and I was not disappointed. The rest are pretty accurate too imo

Really, I just have a surplus of like 1300 iron bars and 200 lead bars in one of my many chests, and their only real purpose is to craft like 20 billion chests, in case my endlessly growing mess of a storage area (where I put the crap I've hoarded over the years) gets full, and even then, those new chests will still be just as unorganized as the last 20

I figured i would do a tier list since i love ranking things. These are my opinions so don’t just take this as fact.

S tier: Essential bar with so much purpose, so much versitility, options and overall the essential bar in your playthrough.

A Tier: Not as good as the bars above but still great in their own right. Also great bars you should use in your playthrough.

C tier: mid, mediocre. The middle ground of this tier list essentially. There are better bars you could use.

D tier: bad bars, serve some purpose and has niche uses but that’s all their worth.

E tier: Serves little purpose. Only time you would use this bar is for it’s super situational uses. Avoid these

F tier: absolute dog:red: and should be avoided at all costs if you take the game seriously.

====S Tier====

==Iron Bars/Lead Bars==
Absolutely goated bars, they are the building blocks(figuratively) of your playthrough. It can create the anvil, which can craft so many things and is useful all the way til hardmode. They can create chests, create other crafting stations and so much more. Lead is stronger than iron so it is slightly better than iron. Although iron/lead armor and pickaxes and can be outclassed by stronger bars, these issues do not concern me in the slightest.

==Chlorophyte Bars==
Another goated bar, it can also craft so many useful things, the armors it derives from are good to great, it has 2 bars it derives from. The only issue is that the pickaxe is useless since it has the same mining power as the drax/pickaxe axe but again, this issue does not concern me.

==Luminite Bars==
It is great since it can create some really powerful gear, but since your playthrough is over since you beat moon lord, this bar is entirely optional.

====A Tier====

==Gold/Platinum Bars==

Pickaxes can mine meteorite, armor is good for boss fights, it can make crowns so you can make slime crowns. Only reason it’s not in S tier is because it is much rarer to find than Silver/Tungsten and it can be outclassed by other bars post Eow/Boc.

The anvils and pickaxes are useful pre mech boss. The anvils can craft so much more. Only reason it is A tier is because it has the same issues as iron/lead and it doesn’t craft as much. Orichalcum is slightly better than mythril due to the armor.

==Hollowed Bars==
Can create hallowed armor, other weapons, can mine chlorophyte. Overall another great bar.

====B Tier====

==Meteorite Bars==

Meteorite armor and space gun are a great combo, star cannon is goated, meteor staff is great. Only downside is that meteors spawn randomly post evil boss and the weapons can be outclassed by other weapons the more your progress.

==Silver/Tungsten Bars==

Decent bars and good armor if you don’t want to get gold tier armor. You can craft silver tier bullets which is a plus but that only applies to rangers.

==Hellstone Bars==

Essential for getting hardmode ores, armor is good, but the downside is that it requires one obsidian which can get a little bit annoying.

==Spectre Bars==

Armor with hood is goated, but sadly that is the only good use. Other than that if you’re not mage than this bar won’t be of much use for you.

====C Tier====

==Shroomite Bars==
Same as spectre but armor set bonus isn’t useful. Shroomite digging claw is fast as :red: but other than that it is a C tier since it suffers the same problems as spectre.

==Evil Bars==

Essential for hellstone which in turn is essential for hardmode ores. Armor can be outclassed by others however. Crimtane is slightly better than demonite due to slightly higher stats.

Forge can create more bars but armor is easily outclassed by hallowed armor. Pickaxes and axes are useless. Titanium is slightly better than adamantite due to set bonus.

====D Tier====

==Palladium Bars==

Only purpose is to mine Orichalcum tier ores. D tier and not E tier since the set bonus.

====E Tier====

==Cobalt Bars==

Armor is easily outclassed, everything is outclassed. Only purpose is the pickaxe.

====F Tier====

==Copper/Tin Bars==

Absolute dog:red: bars. Everything that derives from this is useless and easily outclassed. The only purpose for the copper shortsword is to get the zenith, if your not melee then it is pointless.
It does not matter if tin is better than copper since they both do not craft much. Avoid these.

====THE END====
View attachment 403204

====S Tier====

==Iron Bars/Lead Bars==

==Chlorophyte Bars==

==Luminite Bars==

====A Tier====

==Gold/Platinum Bars==

==Hollowed Bars==

====B Tier====

==Meteorite Bars==

==Silver/Tungsten Bars==

==Hellstone Bars==

==Spectre Bars==

====C Tier====

==Shroomite Bars==

==Evil Bars==

====D Tier====

==Palladium Bars==

====E Tier====

==Cobalt Bars==

====F Tier====

==Copper/Tin Bars==

====THE END====
View attachment 403204
Spectre and shroomite should be same tier

It seems you forgot that titanium and adamantine bars are used to make quite powerful frost and forbidden armors that are both better until you get hallow armor , also titanium repeater are also good craft from titanium and adamantine. Those ores deserve b atleast

I'd argue that Silver & Tungsten are actually the best pre hardmode mining bars. Gold and Platinum are nice to have when you have them, but their armor sets cost way too much to make and are going to get replaced in like a few seconds. The most I ever make out of gold and platinum are a watch, a pickaxe if I have some to spare, and a bow if I'm ranger. Silver & Tungsten however keep being usable throughout all of pre hardmode due to silver and tungsten bullets, which are arguably the most practical bullet to use in pre hardmode.

I'd argue that Silver & Tungsten are actually the best pre hardmode mining bars. Gold and Platinum are nice to have when you have them, but their armor sets cost way too much to make and are going to get replaced in like a few seconds. The most I ever make out of gold and platinum are a watch, a pickaxe if I have some to spare, and a bow if I'm ranger. Silver & Tungsten however keep being usable throughout all of pre hardmode due to silver and tungsten bullets, which are arguably the most practical bullet to use in pre hardmode.
Meteor shots are much better

==Iron Bars/Lead Bars==
Lead is actually slightly less useful than iron overall, as you can buy anvils from the Merchant and shimmer them down into iron bars but not lead ones, making Iron bars much much more available. I would make an SS tier for Iron to distinguish it from Lead because of how trivial it is to obtain in massive quantities compared to every other ore in the game (besides copper and tin), but that’s up to you.
==Chlorophyte Bars==
Don’t forget about the Chlorophyte Extractinator, which has a ton of utility on its own.
==Luminite Bars==
It is great since it can create some really powerful gear, but since your playthrough is over since you beat moon lord, this bar is entirely optional
This bar does indeed deserve S tier due to crafting more than 8 different building blocks and a dye imo.
=Gold/Platinum Bars==

Gold and Platinum deserve S tier in my opinion. They are Iron and Lead levels of useful with many important crafting recipes like Peace Candles, Spelunker Potions, Flinx gear, Flymeal, Magic Mirror, Gold/Platinum Watch (which is used in both timers and the Shell Phone), and more.

Overall I agree, but imo orichalcum armor is terrible and the real reason orichalcum bars are better is because they can be shimmered into Mythril, meaning Orichalcum can be crafted into both orichalcum and mythril gear.
=Meteorite Bars==

These bars currently have a bug where if a gold chest spawns close enough to Hell, it will actually have meteorite bars in it. This means on rare occasion you can actually get these pre-boss.
=Silver/Tungsten Bars==

Don’t forget that silver bullets have a rather amusing special effect when fired at werewolves!
==Hellstone Bars==

There’s also the Fireproof Bug Net, Fiery Greatsword, and Imp Staff, which all classes should probably go for at some point (more on fiery greatsword later)
==Spectre Bars==

Don’t forget you can make spectre paint tools! They’re a must have for builders!
==Shroomite Bars==
There’s also Hoverboard which is the first pair of wings that can Hover for increased horizontal speed.
==Evil Bars==

They can also be used for Magiluminescence which is a valuable item for all early builds, and also the Deer Thing and Shadow Candle. Imo these should be higher.

Titanium is more than slightly better than adamantite and deserves to be B tier. Here’s why:
a) Titanium pickaxe is the earliest pickaxe in the entire game that can attain 1-tick mining speed with enough mining bonuses. This means that this pickaxe is an absolute speed demon/beast which can mine over TWICE as fast as every single pickaxe before it in the entire game. This means that you can effectively double the rate at which you can get all the other hardmode bars and will last you all the way until post-3-mechs.
b)titanium ore can be shimmered into adamantite ore, but adamantite ore cannot be shimmered into titanium ore, meaning that if your world spawns with titanium it effectively means you also have adamantite.
==Palladium Bars==

Palladium Armor is the best armor in the entirety of pre-mechanical bosses due to its irreplaceable utility. You can put it on another loadout, hit an enemy a single time with it, and then switch back to your main loadout to get the buff on whatever other armor set you like! This bar deserves B tier but I will take C as a compromise.
==Copper/Tin Bars==

Copper (not Tin) deserves to be in C tier at worst. Here’s why:
A)Zenith is so unbelievably strong that not even other-class bonuses can make them catch up to it and as a result even if you’re using non-melee gear it’s better to use it than whatever class’ weapons you’re using. You should ALWAYS be using Zenith in post moon lord
B)The axe of regrowth is made from a copper axe and has both the second highest axe power in the game (150%) and the ability to replant trees for free once it’s cut them. This is in addition to the other effects it already has.
C)Speaking of the copper axe, it’s actually beneficial to keep one on hand even in post-moon lord. Why? Tree shaking, of course! Trees have exclusive decorations, foods, pets, and building tools you can only get from shaking them, so having the ability to nudge a tree with an axe while barely leaving a dent in them is wonderful for when you want this loot but don’t want to hurt trees!

Back
Top Bottom