Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

It's a bug.
Remember how in PC1.2.4 they added a mechanic that allows you to start mining a block, then start mining another block before the first block is mined, and it saves the mining progress on the first block?
In console it seems that this mechanic is bugged in that the very first block you mine requires the standard amount of hits to destroy, and all subsequent blocks mined after it require one less hit to destroy

It's hard to explain properly..
We'll that explains why molten onward it suddenly gets a lot slower

@Clancy117 - Yes. The Bee Mount seems just like you said.

I crafted a full stack of Abeemonations and set out on my quest! There's a Sky Island right above my Jungle's surface and I was able to reach it with my first flight, but after that one it seemed like its flight-time was still on its internal-cooldown period. I didn't save and quit to try it again, but it never hit that height again after the first time.

I'd say there is a bug with that bug... heh! But hey, there's always the Pigron Mount.

The part I bolded is what this post is addressing. Yesterday I had some time to play around with this mount, and it isn't bugged; at least not for me. After it tires out, you just wait a few seconds and it's good to go. I was able to hit the top of my world (large world) 12 consecutive times by flying straight up without having to save and quit to reset the mount's flight-time.

I just wanted to clear that up.

You know, that reported bug on the Vita where the d'pad shortcuts don't work is really hindering me, the Icon in the bottom left of the inventory screen doesn't even show up.
Reinstalling didn't work, pls halp!

You know, that reported bug on the Vita where the d'pad shortcuts don't work is really hindering me, the Icon in the bottom left of the inventory screen doesn't even show up.
Reinstalling didn't work, pls halp!
There's nothing that can be done about it unfortunately, we can only wait for engine/505 to release an update that re-enables it.

'Tis a shame that the vita version doesn't have an option to change the d-pads functionality like on the other console editions

I can forward you to this: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/using-quick-shortcut.46070/
The Dev's are aware and are adding a fix next update, whenever that'll be

The part I bolded is what this post is addressing. Yesterday I had some time to play around with this mount, and it isn't bugged; at least not for me. After it tires out, you just wait a few seconds and it's good to go. I was able to hit the top of my world (large world) 12 consecutive times by flying straight up without having to save and quit to reset the mount's flight-time.

I just wanted to clear that up.
What version are you on because on my version, (Xbox 360 slim), I sat there for like a minute and it's flight still didn't speed back up again. It'll fly up again but it's horizontal flight is slowed down after the first cooldown.

Nobody knows. Just have some patience and 505/engine software should inform us of when a hotfix/update would arrive
You're talking about consoles. Hotfixs aren't really a thing here. Otherwise the minor bugs (fairy bell. specter mask. and all of the staffs) would've been fixed by now. (Or at lest we'd have at lest a word.) We get huge patches. Not lil farts of fixes and contebt.

What version are you on because on my version, (Xbox 360 slim), I sat there for like a minute and it's flight still didn't speed back up again. It'll fly up again but it's horizontal flight is slowed down after the first cooldown.

I'm not sure what you mean by which version I'm on.

I just checked out its vertical flight time last night. However, in my Summoner playthrough, I used it to find all the sky islands in my world. It seemed to function normally in all directions. If it is slow going horizontally, I certainly didn't notice it. I'll certainly take another look at it, just to be sure.

After around 150 iron crates, I still haven't found a single ginger beard. Several falcon blades and tartar sauce though.

I'm not sure what you mean by which version I'm on.

I just checked out its vertical flight time last night. However, in my Summoner playthrough, I used it to find all the sky islands in my world. It seemed to function normally in all directions. If it is slow going horizontally, I certainly didn't notice it. I'll certainly take another look at it, just to be sure.
Which console version? Xbox 360?

Few more minion bugs:
  1. Lasers fired from retamini are shot off-center from the minion
  2. Queen spider minion likes to "get down" with the player. Not that getting down you filthy minded playa, but if you spawn it on a platform, then go below the platform, it will fall through. Basically it likes to be either level or below the player, and will fall through some blocks to do so

Edit:
Important notice!
It seems that EVERY projectile added in this update and the previous (the semi-1.2.3 update) is subject to gravity, and arcs!
Exhibit A: the poison staff (added 1.2) is not affected by gravity, but the venom staff (it's upgrade, added in the semi-1.2.3 "additions" update) is affected by gravity
Exhibit B: ranged minions added in this patch have arc, even those that shouldn't arc like the imps and the optic staff

I would list more, but there weren't many items added in the two updates that have ranged properties. This may be linked to the already noted irregularity in Minecart gravity, and the gravity increase accidentally added in the additions update. However, this may just be speculation

Last edited:
I tried to rename a safe and the game crashed on me. Can you guys (aka. 505 games) fix this. Thanks :eek:
This is known and on the list of things to fix. There shouldn't be an option to rename safes and piggybanks (there's not an option to do this on PC versions).

For the Xbox 360, the Mermaid Tail no longer appears when equipped. Is there a way to have that go in the vanity slot by the boots and override them?

Also, this is something from before the update that's still not working, but when I try to paint my honey blocks white, they appear black. Other blocks seems to be painted right.

hey guys I just found a bug on x-box 360 edition of terraira (this bug could be on all console versions). do not try to rename a piggy bank(I'm testing if it also crashes if you do it to a safe, but it definitely is not on chests) it will crash your game if you even attempt to rename it. also i almost lost all of my stuff to this bug

Back
Top Bottom