PC Terraria Failed to start

MechaShockwave515

Skeletron Prime
So today I wanted to play a bit of terraria, but what I started up the game a message came up saying "Failed to start game ( Missing Executable )

I don't know why its suddenly coming up with this message as it was fine a few days ago, I've not installed anything except for Republic commando, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, done a verify cache and still not able to launch the game.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Nevermind I found the problem, Avast was blocking the game from starting, You can fix this by typing " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\* " in the file paths in the exclusions section in the settings of avast.

You, my dear sir, you just saved my entire steam library. Every game encountered one problem or the other lately, and you fixed it! Thanks a huge lot! I cannot thank you enough.

my friend get this problem Yesterday, and it was is net.freamework that was disactuallized.

but today i got this problem and until now i cannot fix it...
the game seem to trying to actualice, but always failed to do so... even reinstalling it dont fix this problem...
yesterday i played the game. closed it, turn off the pc and today it doesnt longer run... its a mistery `:confused:

my friend get this problem Yesterday, and it was is net.freamework that was disactuallized.

but today i got this problem and until now i cannot fix it...
the game seem to trying to actualice, but always failed to do so... even reinstalling it dont fix this problem...
yesterday i played the game. closed it, turn off the pc and today it doesnt longer run... its a mistery `:confused:
+1

The Avast trick did not work for me. I've since uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. I still get that error and now I've no idea how to proceed.

Never mind. It was Avast, I didn't have the file name exclusion correct I guess. Avast had an update recently. Yea, I can start the game again!

Me too. Avast exclusion added, still nothing is working. Also deleted the steam file they suggested. Played so much last night and today when I find time to get in again....

Last edited:
the actuallization of net. framework in case u dont have it:
https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/details.aspx?id=30653

ok, putting the exeption on avast dont work for me.
i have net. framework actuallized
if i make steam check the instalation it find 2 missing archives but it cant reinstall ... (it just keep trapped forever on dowloading)
if reintalled the game just failed again..
the Steam troubleshoting dont help me either

any more ideas?

I think it's with steam because I uninstalled the game and steam refuses to install it anymore. I uninstalled it just to test for this.

I uninstalled the game then reinstalled avast and then I installed the game and made an exception for it and it worked

yeah so it look like all this mess was because of the last avast upgrade.
the reason i cannot parch up is cause avast was putting mi downloads in the virus chest each time it download....
now i hope this work... im reinstalling it again (4th time)

yeah it works ... finally !

so put your avast antivirus, put in exclusions this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\*
then, reinstall your terraria (this dont delete your saves, since they are in other carpet)
reinstall its better and since terraria isnt heavy it will take a few minutes ...
good look

thanks to mechashockwave5151, chelle, skull knigth and all the people who worked trougth the situation

That's the same conclusion I made when I looked in my Avast virus chest and saw multiple instances of terraria.exe--that it was misidentifying every game update. Ugggghhh. Glad you got your game sorted!

Back
Top Bottom