Terraria Halloween Contest - 2023

I'm guessing we are allowed to post our submissions here (if not feel free to delete this post), so here is some backstory to mine.

Since the Labor of Love Hallows Eve contest last year, I've been planning an idea of a submission i wanted to make if there was going to be a new contest this year. I wanted to make a "string marionette puppet thingamajig" of the pumpking mini boss that would be controlled by an array of servos and stepper motors. Sadly when the time finally came to make my creation, a plethora of problems would occur like, too much torque for the motors to handle, gears being of center and last but not least, me wasting to much time on simple issues.

So in a desperate attempt to try to make something to contribute for this event, I had to rush my project. And after 20+ hours of constant struggle and stress over the span of the last two days, it ended up like this:

I will be honest and say that it looks quite goofy right now.
But now as the submitting part of the contest is over i'm free to spend the time that i need to finish and perfect this silly machine.
It will most likely take a lot of time, but i'm positive that it will be as glorious as i imagined when i'm finished.

I'm guessing we are allowed to post our submissions here (if not feel free to delete this post), so here is some backstory to mine.

Since the Labor of Love Hallows Eve contest last year, I've been planning an idea of a submission i wanted to make if there was going to be a new contest this year. I wanted to make a "string marionette puppet thingamajig" of the pumpking mini boss that would be controlled by an array of servos and stepper motors. Sadly when the time finally came to make my creation, a plethora of problems would occur like, too much torque for the motors to handle, gears being of center and last but not least, me wasting to much time on simple issues.

So in a desperate attempt to try to make something to contribute for this event, I had to rush my project. And after 20+ hours of constant struggle and stress over the span of the last two days, it ended up like this:

But now as the submitting part of the contest is over i'm free to spend the time that i need to finish and perfect this silly machine.
It will most likely take a lot of time, but i'm positive that it will be as glorious as i imagined when i'm finished.
I uhh hate to say this but… submissions are closed

I feel ya. Doesn't look goofy at all. I was very impressed and thought it was a really cool idea, something different. Loved the changing expressions. Thank you for sharing!

I too had a series of mishaps and issues throughout the creation of the bunny ear-wearing crawling eyeball. I ran out of clay, epoxy, the glow paint refused to glow, the initial 'cornea' demolded terribly, the first 3 'iris' ripped or the two-tone blended too much. I basically rushed through it in the end myself as well after getting replacement supplies and pieces. The hardest part believe or not was the bunny ear head band, making and getting it to stand on its own.

Here's my submission! I did a drawing of my favorite boss Empress of Light but make it SPOOKY. I think she looks pretty cute in a witch hat! I'm a little unhappy with some of the shading, as some of her darker accessories get lost, but overall I'm pretty happy with how she turned out. Good luck to all the other competitors! (Also, I realize that this comment is a few days late, I did submit this on time though.)
20231104_215931 (1).jpg

My right side seat is free and I wish @:Cenx with her axe to come here like Thor when his friends are endangered

I couldnt find any time to defend my title from the last year.
Too much work and RPG's released the last couple month.

Anyways, i wish you people best of luck and iam more than exciting to see what you dudes and dudettes come up with!
:merchanttongue:
Ah dang.
To be bad we won't be seeing any awesome spooky build this time.
But I understand why.
Good luck!
I gotta warn you, if I can pull mine off well I think I've got a chance though! :p
Meanwhile I was able to complete mine, but due to it being a video I don't know whether or not it will be reviewed.

Back
Top Bottom