Terraria Halloween Contest - 2023

darthmorf

Treederator
Staff member
halloweencontest.png

Trick or Terraria!? It is that time of year again! Happy Halloween fellow Terrarians!

We're pleased to announce that we are running another Halloween contest! Much like last year, not only will members of the Terraria Community Forums (TCF) be able to participate, we are also inviting participants from Twitter (X), Discord, Reddit and Steam! We want this contest to be a celebration of the entire Terraria Community as a whole, so whichever of the communities you are a part of, you'll have the opportunity to submit a spooky Halloween themed creation for this contest!

Continue reading for the details regarding submission, deadline, and prizes!

index.php

1696792164840.png

You will have your choice of 5 categories to submit to. No matter what category, this is a Terraria Halloween contest, so your entry should reflect both Halloween and Terraria for the best chance to win. This year you are welcome to enter more than one category - however you can only win in one! If someone is a winner in more than one category, we will award them the prize for the category that they did the best in.

• Pumpkin Carving - Create a Pumpkin Carving that is Terraria themed. Once you have a carving, take a picture and submit it as an image.
  • Costumes - Create a real life Terraria themed costume.
  • Artwork - Includes traditional drawing, painting, digital, and pixel artwork. Please note: AI generated content is not permitted.
  • Builds - Buildings and in-game creations created within Terraria itself. Can be captured with the in-game screenshot tool or your device's own screenshot capturing options.
  • Vanity Set - Create an in-game Terraria vanity set inspired by your favourite franchise or character.

To give you a sense for the sorts of amazing entries that we see for this contest each year, check out the Showcase and Winners from the 2022 Labor of Hallow's Eve contest!

The Rules & Guidelines for this contest are as follows and apply regardless of what platform you submit your entry from.
  • The Contest runs from Wednesday 11th October to Sunday 5th November, 2023. All entries are to be submitted no later than November 5th, 2023 at 11:59 ET
  • All entries must be PG-13, nothing inappropriate, sexual, profane, or offensive
  • Your entry must be submitted through Google Forms. You may choose to share your entry on TCF or on other platforms if you desire, but entries posted on the thread will not count. All entries must be submitted through Google Forms to count.
  • We reserve the right to share entries publicly during or after the contest - this will not impact anyone's entry.
  • No plagiarism. Anyone found to be stealing another person's work will be instantly disqualified.
  • No AI generated content. If we discover that your content was made using AI, you will be disqualified.
  • Entries that have been submitted to previous competitions are not permitted. Please make sure that your entries are created fresh for this competition!
  • You may resubmit your entry and/or change categories to make any changes as many times as you wish as long as it is before Sunday 5th November, 2023. After this day, your most recent submission will be the one counted as an entry.
  • You may enter as many categories as you like, but only once in each category. You may change your category or entry before the final deadline.
  • Winners and Runner Ups will be shown at a later time in a future announcement.
  • NOTE: All prizes are subject to availability and/or shipping restrictions that are out of our control. Should such a situation arise, we will work with the winner(s) to find an alternate prize.

1696792761087.png

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. JUDGING WILL COMMENCE SHORTLY, WITH RESULTS ANNOUNCED ONCE THAT PROCESS HAS FINISHED.

Here is how you get your entry into our hands. (A Google Account is required for submitting on this form)

1. Visit our Google Forms submission link here: Google Forms
  2. Select which platform you are from (Terraria Community Forums, Twitter etc.)
  3. Provide your username based on the platform you are from (Ensure you follow the instructions written in the form)
  4. Upload an image or images of your creation to each category that you wish to enter (You may submit up to 5 images for each category). For Pumpkin Carving and Costume entries, please ensure that at least one image displays a card/paper on which you have written the username with which you are entering the contest. This will serve to verify that your entry is an original creation.
  5. Click "Submit"
After that, your entry will be in our hands! Judging will begin when the contest period concludes. The Winners and Runner-Ups will be announced through a new announcement once the judging is complete.

Optionally, you may share your entry with everyone by posting on this thread. Your entry must first be submitted through our Google Form submission for it to count for the contest if you decide to post it on this thread. Entries posted only on this thread will not count.

1696792769373.png

For this contest, there will be 1 winner from each category, 2 runners-up from each category. The prizes that can be won are listed below. Also, all participants that are a member of TCF (Terraria Community Forums) will receive the special Headless Horseman Participation title.

One Winner in each category will receive:
  • Up to $200 in Terraria Merchandise from anything available on Terraria.org/store
  • $50 in funds for your gaming platform of choice (Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and Headless Horseman Participation Title

NOTE: All prizes are subject to availability and/or shipping restrictions that are out of our control. Should such a situation arise, we will work with the winner(s) to find an alternate prize.

index.php

Two Runners-Up in each category will receive:
  • Up to $100 in Terraria Merchandise from anything available on Terraria.org/store
  • $25 in funds for your gaming platform of choice (Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and Headless Horseman Participation Title

NOTE: All prizes are subject to availability and/or shipping restrictions that are out of our control. Should such a situation arise, we will work with the winner(s) to find an alternate prize.

Last edited:
I have some blue robes and a plague doctor mask that my mom got on Amazon, if I added the yellow lines on it,
2023-10-11-145517_166x222_scrot.png
would it count as a valid entry for the contest?
EDIT: ok nvm I saw that someone did the same thing for 2022 hallowween contest
EDIT 2: nvm I just realized it wasn't me who posted it last year so I can do that.

Last edited:
I realize now that the "other" category from last year has been removed. Is it possible to send a short video in the Artwork category? Or is it just pictures?

I have some blue robes and a plague doctor mask that my mom got on Amazon, if I added the yellow lines on it, View attachment 432432 would it count as a valid entry for the contest?
EDIT: ok nvm I saw that someone did the same thing for 2022 hallowween contest
EDIT 2: nvm I just realized it wasn't me who posted it last year so I can do that.
Am I allowed to post things in 2 different categories? I plan on building Gotham City on my DontDigUp world.

for the vanity set do we need to make a sprite/artwork or from exist items in game ?

Existing items in game.

ok nvm I saw that someone did the same thing for 2022 hallowween contest

As long as you make your own, original, new entry for this year, it does not matter what anyone did in years' past. :)

I realize now that the "other" category from last year has been removed. Is it possible to send a short video in the Artwork category? Or is it just pictures?
Can i make a short animation for the Artwork category?

Short videos/animations are perfectly acceptable.

Is making a crochet plushie an option? For the artwork category?

Absolutely, art isn't just "digital art" - could be sculpture, some other 3D art... or even a crochet plushie!

• Vanity Set - Create an in-game Terraria vanity set inspired by your favourite franchise or character.

Question about the Vanity Set category: Does it have to be inspired by a franchise or character or are you allowed to just make a demon character?

I'm pretty sure any kind of demon should be allowed, but I'm asking for the sake of being safe about exact wording.

I think I might have an idea on what to enter with now...

Though, of course, I'll most likely be outclassed by most everyone else.
Ah, well, it'll be fun nonetheless!

I'm confused so the vanity category is about dressing your in-game character with already existing vanity items? Thought it was creating a non-existent vanity set.

The idea here is that it is a category that is very easily accessible for anyone and everyone. Not everyone can craft some stupdily-amazing art, but everyone can make a crazy wild setup in game.

Question about the Vanity Set category: Does it have to be inspired by a franchise or character or are you allowed to just make a demon character?

I'm pretty sure any kind of demon should be allowed, but I'm asking for the sake of being safe about exact wording.

It's your set to create, don't put any limits on your ideas... :)

Back
Top Bottom