Terraria ideas contest

distru121

Official Terrarian
The rules are simple:
You will tell in the comments an idea for 2 pre-hardmode bosses, 2 hardmode bosses and 1 post-moon lord boss.

This will help me to start my mod, called The Malum Mod!

At the 25th idea, the contest will finish and the winners will receive their prizes!
The prizes are:
1 place: You will be added to Contributors Section in the desc of the mod, all 5 bosses added and the VIP version of the mod (craftable first place trophy!)
2 place: You will be added to Contributors Section in the desc of the mod, at least 3 bosses added and the VIP version of the mod (craftable second place trophy!)
3 place: You will be added to Contributors Section in the desc of the mod, at least 2 bosses added and the VIP version of the mod (craftable third place trophy!)
4 place: You will be added to Contributors Section in the desc of the mod, 1 boss added.
5 You will be added to Contributors Section in the desc of the mod, 1 boss added.

...with this, start thinking!

Good work! ;)

Last edited:
i have several bosses i have created and am planning to use in my own mod that would fit this criteria, however if i do reveal them i would not like them to be used in any ways without my permission

i have several bosses i have created and am planning to use in my own mod that would fit this criteria, however if i do reveal them i would not like them to be used in any ways without my permission

This contest is designed to help me with my mod, then if you want to make your own mod don't post your bosses in this post, it would be useless for both ;)

I have ideas.

A pre-hardmode cavern boss named "Titan" spawnable by Gem Tablet (5 Diamond/Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/Topaz/Amethyst)
Giant stone golem with 5000 hp (no not golem golem) that has one large gem in it's head that changes colors in this order.
Ruby = Shoots red lasers at the player that deal lots of damage.
Emerald = Shoots spore like spike balls at player. (like from goblins) 4000 health
Sapphire = Shoots a blue laser that bounces off the wall. 3000 heath
Topaz = Shoots long slow moving yellow barriers at player. 2000 health
Amethyst = Shoots purple cones that home in on the player. 1000 health
Diamond = The gem comes out of the Titan and homes in on you fast shooting white lazers while golem bangs on the floor with shockwaves. 300 health
Diamond gem has 1000 health, separate HP

A pre-hardode desert boss named "Antlion King" spawns with Buggy crown. (gold/platinum crown and 20 antlion mandibles)
A large antlion with 3000hp (not like the swarmers or chargers, classic antlion) with a crown on it's head.
It shoots large gobs of sand at the player (it doesn't stay on the floor) and spawns antlion chargers and/or swarmers out of the view of the player.
Second stage at 15000hp it starts shooting faster and starts spawning Tomb Crawlers.

A hardmode spider den boss that is named "Giant Spider" (not a creative name i know) spawnable by Fresh Meat (10 Bones 5 Vertabrae/Rotten Chunk)
It's a giant spider with 30,000hp.
It shoots webs at the player that have a 5% chance to give the webbed debuff on hit and spawns Black Recluses all the while chasing you down.
Second stage at 10,000hp where it moves faster and creates cobwebs when the web projectile hits the player or a wall.

A hardmode dungeon boss that spawns after 20 dungeon spirits have been defeated called "Spectreleton".
It's skeletron but blue and creates light. Has 50000hp health and a motion blur effect like Illuminant Slimes. Spawn a lot of spirits (a new npc that is just a dungeon spirit with less health and when killed doesn't spawn Spectreleton) from it's arms and head. Arms cannot be broken off.
At 30000hp his arms come off of his body and start attacking you detached. (Shares hp with the head)

Sun Lord
The alternate moon lord with fire attacks.
When Sun Lord is chosen by RNG cultists have white robes.

at this point it's 12:39PM and i haven't gone to sleep since yesterday and i am tired, sorry

YOU WILL INSTANTLY BE ADDED TO COLLABORATORS LIST!!!
THESE IDEAS ARE AMAZING!!!
(The Sun Lord is a bit hard cause i will have to sprite arms, body, head, hands and so many parts that are so difficoult to sprite and to code, then sorry :( )

I have ideas.

A pre-hardmode cavern boss named "Titan" spawnable by Gem Tablet (5 Diamond/Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/Topaz/Amethyst)
Giant stone golem with 5000 hp (no not golem golem) that has one large gem in it's head that changes colors in this order.
Ruby = Shoots red lasers at the player that deal lots of damage.
Emerald = Shoots spore like spike balls at player. (like from goblins) 4000 health
Sapphire = Shoots a blue laser that bounces off the wall. 3000 heath
Topaz = Shoots long slow moving yellow barriers at player. 2000 health
Amethyst = Shoots purple cones that home in on the player. 1000 health
Diamond = The gem comes out of the Titan and homes in on you fast shooting white lazers while golem bangs on the floor with shockwaves. 300 health
Diamond gem has 1000 health, separate HP

A pre-hardode desert boss named "Antlion King" spawns with Buggy crown. (gold/platinum crown and 20 antlion mandibles)
A large antlion with 3000hp (not like the swarmers or chargers, classic antlion) with a crown on it's head.
It shoots large gobs of sand at the player (it doesn't stay on the floor) and spawns antlion chargers and/or swarmers out of the view of the player.
Second stage at 15000hp it starts shooting faster and starts spawning Tomb Crawlers.

A hardmode spider den boss that is named "Giant Spider" (not a creative name i know) spawnable by Fresh Meat (10 Bones 5 Vertabrae/Rotten Chunk)
It's a giant spider with 30,000hp.
It shoots webs at the player that have a 5% chance to give the webbed debuff on hit and spawns Black Recluses all the while chasing you down.
Second stage at 10,000hp where it moves faster and creates cobwebs when the web projectile hits the player or a wall.

A hardmode dungeon boss that spawns after 20 dungeon spirits have been defeated called "Spectreleton".
It's skeletron but blue and creates light. Has 50000hp health and a motion blur effect like Illuminant Slimes. Spawn a lot of spirits (a new npc that is just a dungeon spirit with less health and when killed doesn't spawn Spectreleton) from it's arms and head. Arms cannot be broken off.
At 30000hp his arms come off of his body and start attacking you detached. (Shares hp with the head)

Sun Lord
The alternate moon lord with fire attacks.
When Sun Lord is chosen by RNG cultists have white robes.

at this point it's 12:39PM and i haven't gone to sleep since yesterday and i am tired, sorry

Some of these don't sound too fair to be honest, most of the health from the titan is reaching hardmode territory despite the easiness to obtain, the antlion king seems fair, however stats would make it a lot simpler to understand, the giant spider would make more sense as Empress Spider as a name (suggestion) and Black Recluses are a hardmode enemy, despite the fact that directly after Skeletron it can be summoned. Spectreleton is a decent post Plantera idea, however with the amount of dungeon spirits needed to make the spectral set (about 48) that would mean this thing would be fought twice in a row, which in a way makes it unfair. The Sun Lord could be interesting if done in a way that makes the fight different to the slog of moon lord, but i see no reason to fight it other then getting the White Cultist robes, and the RNG could suck. That's my little bit of criticism, take it as you will.

"the secret leader of the underground coven society"
i think the name for cultist should be "solar robe bearer".room for solar cultists could look like this
search

--- Double Post Merged, 7 minutes ago, Original Post Date: 12 minutes ago ---
when solar cultists are defeated it says "the flames of the sun have been released" "a solar flare is happening"
--- Double Post Merged, 5 minutes ago ---
when you come out of the dungeon,the blue cultists are gone.the solar flare is basically blood moon and solar eclipse.
--- Double Post Merged, 4 minutes ago ---
blue cultists come back next day (sorry for string of posts)
--- Double Post Merged, A moment ago ---
solar flare blocks line the outside of the room and nothing can break solar flare block in addition to door with key.you need a special picaxe to break the blocks kinda like lihzahrd blocks and picksaw.when you start fight you teleport to top of dungeon
solar cultist archer:500 HP 14 DMG
solar cultist archer decoy:700 HP 60 DMG

solar cultist archer2:500 HP 14 DMG
solar devote:450 HP
solar devote2:450 HP
solar robe bearer:56000 HP
the first beggining attacks are
  • A burst of six homing
    $
    fireballs that explode on impact 69 DMG
  • spawn numerous Ancient Doom that fire four purple projectiles in a cross pattern.184 DMG
  • teleport(constant)
  • spawn solar cultist archer decoys
  • summon ice sickle shots
  • shoot starwrath stars down so you need to hide under something
  • summon mini stardust dragons to fight you
    $
    600 HP 84D MG

50 % health attacks

starts spawning clones like normal except only 1 clone and you cant stop it
  • An ice ball that fires
    $
    ice shards in six directions four times over as it flies in one direction before slowly fading away 420 DMG
  • An
    $
    orb that fires bolts of lightning at the character 420 DMG
CREDIT TO Catman8274 FOR WHITE CULTIST IDEA

Back
Top Bottom