Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

Deceitful Echo

Terrarian
First off -- What is Terraria Industrial Revolution?
It is a source code mod of vanilla Terraria version 1.2.4.1 (although we plan on upgrading to 1.3 to a certain extent when it releases). The focus of the mod is on a few key features and revolves around the idea of machinery and industrial tools. Please note that many of the smaller details may be changed, and more content may be added, it is still a WIP after all. This thread is a continuation of the previous one on the old terrariaonline forum (which you can view here, it has some more in depth information on some things)

PUBLIC ALPHA RELEASED HERE

Key Features:
Ability to create world that are ~2.5x as large
A picture of the "Industrial Size" world, new biomes have not been fully implemented in this picture:
indmapdemo9.png

An Industrial Sized world with a vanilla Terraria Large world overlayed:
overlaymap.png
You can now climb much higher (into space) and much deeper (to the core)

Many new biomes, tiles, items, enemies, bosses, armors, weapons, and Town NPC's.

Teleport to other Worlds -- you heard me right, you can join other players worlds , find new worlds, and still travel home!
This is the map you can use to choose where to travel to with:
6qEvhaW.png
New Liquids
This is Oil:
m6Lg1hZ.png
Vehicles -- you are going to be able to have mount like vehicles that can be upgraded throughout the game and may be required in some places to live
We plan on making a few TYPES of Vehicles, for flying, driving, and diving. Each vehicle has individually upgradable parts and can be equipped in the inventory screen
They will also require fuel
vehiclemenu3.png
Simplicity -- the game runs straight from steam and you can still play normal terraria, it also comes with an easy to use installer (with no "offers"), one of the main goals was to keep the game easy to use and intuitive
This is what happens when you launch Terraria from Steam:
LaunchOptions.png

Hitting "No" launches Vanilla Terraria, Hitting "Yes" launches T-IR.
Character Imports -- you can use your vanilla Terraria 1.2.4.1 characters​
Details:
List of currently planned biomes:
Deep Crust -- an area before hell full of moles and some micro biomes like dwarven outposts

Middle Earth -- an area full of tunnels and hard tiles with pockets of lava/magma

Core -- Somewhat barren, full of magma with a few chunks of rocks in it that have special ore inside

Space -- gravity will be essentially non existent, and you need gear to breathe

Dwarven Cities -- a full city that has a dungeon and boss in it, it will probably be themed around LotR style dwarves

Mole Colonies -- a city with a boss in it, mole themed

Miner Camps -- The small houses with a gold chest in them will be changed to now contain miner themed enemies, as well as things like minecart tracks that lead to them

Other Worlds -- they can be things like volcano or ocean worlds, spaceships, the moon, regular worlds, etc, etc
List of currently planned Liquids:
Oil -- used for fueling machinery
Magma -- a form of lava that does increasing damage, flows slower, and creates new tiles
Things That Are Done:
Implemented World Gates (you can teleport between worlds) --pictures coming soon

Allowed for bigger worlds

Added some new tiles for the deeper biomes (pyroclast, granite, carbmocite, etc)

Oil and Magma liquids have been implemented

Added Core and Middle Earth

You can now save servers in a new favorites section of the menu

There is now a prompt when you run Terraria that asks if you want to play Terraria Industrial Revolution

You can import characters from 1.2.4.1

Want to know more? Just ask! Got an idea? Tell us about it!

Credits
TC-1000 -- lead programmer and mod creator
Deceitful Echo -- just a random fan who knew how to program :D
Joel -- Sprites and Animations

All the people on the forums who cheered us on and helped provide interesting ideas and feedback

Last edited:
Good to see this mod finally moving there!
And I'm still insist on GameLauncher usage instead of popup window. tAPI, NTerraria, Terraria Leveled and even (already outdated) tConfig with (currently abandoned) Toparia use it as simple and working way of using custom .exe

cool very cool!very very cool!(←he only want this mod)

here is a png(Brain in a vat and plant?)
And
My English is not GOOD

Attachments

• 94.缸中之脑.png
    94.缸中之脑.png
    494 bytes · Views: 740
  • 92.2神岚型战斗机.png
    92.2神岚型战斗机.png
    3 KB · Views: 870
I think it would be simpler to just have it run through the normal Terraria, Gamelauncher is Just an extra step to get to the content. Plus, it's an extra download and install, and I personally find it a bit annoying to use ad have had problems with it. The pop up box would be simple and user friendly, and still doesn't restrict you adding it to GameLauncher if I remember correctly. We want this to have as low barrier to entry as possible as that is usually a problem mods have -- they can be somewhat annoying to install and run.

That doesn't mean this pop up box is the perfect answer, it's just the best solution to that problem that we've thought of for now.

I think it would be simpler to just have it run through the normal Terraria, Gamelauncher is Just an extra step to get to the content. Plus, it's an extra download and install, and I personally find it a bit annoying to use ad have had problems with it. The pop up box would be simple and user friendly, and still doesn't restrict you adding it to GameLauncher if I remember correctly. We want this to have as low barrier to entry as possible as that is usually a problem mods have -- they can be somewhat annoying to install and run.
Ehmmm...I very want i can help you...
:sigh:I hope (best) more language (←Chinese)
I can do mod (Maybe)
I hate I not live in your country

Wow. This has some big potential. I'd love to help in some way, if you need any just say.

Can't wait for a release!

I Like the idea of big words. Add ablity To make Vanilla Industrial words. I want bigger words but no extra Stuff.

Larger worlds in the sense that they are in this mod aren't exactly possible in vanilla Terraria. There are several "world lines" that are added to control things like NPC spawns, background changes, music, that one hair dye, etc. Because of this a world as they are in T-IR simply wouldn't work well in vanilla T. One major important issue is that vanilla Terraria doesn't have proper values for worlds outside of the 3 we get (small, med, large). I suppose smaller worlds could work like 1575x450 or something but they could only be created from a custom world gen AND tech that wouldn't work because the section size wont divide evening into that world size.

Maybe when T-IR gets established we'll make a custom server for just making a normal world larger.

So an update on the liquids:

Ive been trying to add oil and magma for the past while. Ive gotten both to be created in the world using buckets, however currently, if you move the liquid at all, it turns to water. There are tons of places for the code to have gone wrong, and one solution might be to completely rework liquids in terraria to make them more friendly to change, currently the code for updating liquids (so they move) and how the liquids move is scattered around and hard to change cohesively. I may try to condense it all down. Anyways, Ive added in the new liquids at least partially!

Ive been trying to add oil and magma for the past while. Ive gotten both to be created in the world using buckets, however currently, if you move the liquid at all, it turns to water. There are tons of places for the code to have gone wrong, and one solution might be to completely rework liquids in terraria to make them more friendly to change, currently the code for updating liquids (so they move) and how the liquids move is scattered around and hard to change cohesively. I may try to condense it all down. Anyways, Ive added in the new liquids at least partially!

Yo, can I help out with this mod? I want it to be as big as it can be!

I'm sure I read somewhere that the terraria engine can only support 4 liquids, meaning you can only add one...

That might be the problem.

Its done! Ive added in 2 more liquids (my problem before was stupid, I updated the client stuff, but not the server related code)! A few kinks to work out with liquid interactions, but they spawn in and work mostly as intended. Breaking new ground here :D

Also @darthmorf, there is no limit on liquids, there are three variables in the code that contain a ton of info in each bit about tiles, they use bits inside of a variable because it is waaaay more efficient to run, so If I needed to add a new variable it could cause some lag, the good thing is, some bits in the variables were unused so I could add in oil and magma checks into them. What I mean by this is, a variable can be something like a integer number for example. An int has 32 bits, and normally, you cant change individual bits, you can only change the variable. However, Terraria devs were clever (or maybe the decompiler) and changed the number of the variable in such a way that it turns on or off select bits, there are a limited amount of bits, and they all can mean something (usually a true for 1 and false for 0). In hardmodding, the skies the limit if you are willing and able to change it far enough.

Oil also rises to the top of water and magma burns off oil and honey, oil also is burned off by lava. Lava + Magma = pyroclast, Lava + Water = obsidian

Edit: Forgot to mention TC's work, hes been trying to implemetn the Mole Tunnels into the WorldGen stuff right now. Hes gotten some of the tunnels in and I think the small house/camps as well. (maybe he will comment with more detail, Im not sure of all the details myself)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom