Terraria Lags/Stutter

aslexx

Terrarian
So, i recently got really really bad stuttering while playing, but since now my game ran just fine, on max settings and everything, i tried disabling the parallax thing, its still the same, i tasted the game in fullscreen/windowed, and its the same results, i even reinstalled it and nothing. The task manager fix doesnt work either. Any help please? Its unplayable while battling big bosses.

Any idea how can i fix the lags? So, i recently got really really bad stuttering while playing, but since now my game ran just fine, on max settings and everything, i tried disabling the parallax thing, its still the same, i tasted the game in fullscreen/windowed, and its the same results, i even reinstalled it and nothing. The task manager fix doesnt work either. Any help please?

I have an Amd Ryzen 5 3400g, with the integrated RX Vega 11, the game is installed on a m2 ssd, 16gb of ram
I said that before the recently lags i was having 60fps constantly, no stutters, no lags, not even when i fought 5 bosses at the same time.

Hi, you posted two duplicate threads so I went ahead and merged them + the posts in each, sorry if it causes some confusion. In the future please try to post only one thread for any issues you have. If you're wondering where you should post it then feel free to approach a staff member for guidance.

As for your issue, it sounds like you're using a Laptop as you mentioned integrated graphics.
If you've already tried messing with parallax, vsync etc then the only thing I can quickly suggest without going too deep into directions would be to check that your laptop (or desktop) isn't running on Power Saving mode. In laptops cases this usually happens when not charging.

Alternatively you can manually set the graphics performance. Directions are for Windows 10;
  • Right-click on your desktop and select display settings.
  • Select graphics settings
  • In the drop-down menu select Desktop App and browse
  • Find Terraria's exe in your steam directory. (Going to your Steam library, right clicking Terraria and selecting Properties > Local Files should help you find that)
  • Set the preference to High performance.

Sorry for that, I didnt mean to make 2 threads.
Anyways, im not using a laptop, but i tried the thing you told me to, and for now it seems so work just fine.I hope i wont get lags in the future. Thanks a lot!

Actually, im still getting lags, my fps just drops from 60 to 30 and its just very bad, i have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom