Terraria Mobile 1.3 Reaches Alpha!

Discussion in 'Mobile - 505 Games' started by Loki, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Spooderman79

Spooderman79 Terrarian

(My theory) I have a feeling mobile is taking so long because we will be getting 1.3.6, too, secretly.

2. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

Actually, Mobile is taking a long time to show up because the devs plan to port the game to Nintendo Switch first, then comes Mobile’s turn to shine (However, we’ll be getting up to 1.3.0.7 this time.)! ~:)

InstaFiz and Spooderman79 like this.
  3. Pixeroot

Pixeroot Skeletron

Also, the devs were/are rewriting all of the code, so that it’s easier to port future versions.

Spooderman79 likes this.
  4. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

Now that Journey’s End (1.4) has been announced, I am very well interested to see what’s up in store for us Mobile users! ~:D

5. MOBILE GAMER

MOBILE GAMER Terrarian

O my God im so gladly excited for
    1. 4 pc update and most likely the 1.3 mobile:passionate::passionate::passionate::D:D

6. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

That has nothing to do with it. Two separate companies, two separate codebases.

:)

Spooderman79 likes this.
  7. Spooderman79

Spooderman79 Terrarian

So, why is it still taking so long?

8. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

Ah, I see. I guess I thought that was the original plan. Silly me! ~:p

My next guess is that Dr Studios is busy fixing any bugs that may damage the quality of the game, such as the Rod of Discord being unusable, and more! That way, our experience (especially for the beta-testers in the near future) will likely be more “bug free” than the current version Mobile is at, although it is near-impossible to wipe out every single bug in existence (like mosquitoes, darn insects!). ~:)

9. AidanCat

AidanCat Terrarian

I don’t know if this has been answered but will I be able to paint my furniture on the mobile version? It might just not work on my phone because it uses the paint but doesn’t do anything.

10. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Terrarian

ATTENTION ALL MOBILE PLAYERS
    Shadowflame Hex Doll is insane against Solar Eclipse.

Tried it yesterday.

I'm never getting rid of that thing.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2019 ---
    How do you do those NPC emoticons?

11. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

I love to use these emotes! They’re called smilies, and (most) of the NPCs and a few mobs have them! Here’s the link to learn how to create them all! The Pirate is my personal favorite out of them all! ~:p

Smilies | Terraria Community Forums

12. Jayfox

Jayfox Terrarian

Can someone tell why whenever they squash a bug another one appears out know where because that's what it feels like, if they didn't have that problem 1.3 would be done already. It's like wack a mole

13. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

It’s a bit of a complicated coding process. Whenever a bug is fixed, there are many possibilities for the outcome of fixing a certain bug. It could create more damage than keeping the bug, or it could completely be eradicated without any consequences. Either way, fixing bugs is a very tough job to do, because nobody knows what will happen when a bug, minor or major, is fixed. It’s like playing a game of chance. ~:)

14. gamerfreak1213

gamerfreak1213 Terrarian

Will they tell us if we're on the list of beta-testers? If they are, when will they tell us

15. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

They’ll make sure to tell us forum-users when the game has reached the Beta stage in development, which is likely to be soon! ~:)

gamerfreak1213 likes this.
  16. Jayfox

Jayfox Terrarian

Is anyone part of DR studios on these forums?

17. Spooderman79

Spooderman79 Terrarian

will legacy items, like ocram trophy, break terraria, or will they be removed? if they're removed, will we even lose them from chests?

18. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Terrarian

I know some legacy items will be replaced by other items. On console, I had a Petri Dih that was converted into a gold bunny. How clever. `;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2019 ---
    BTW Steampunker is my favorite NPC. Just got her yesterday.

19. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Terrarian

Sorry to break it to you and others, but the legacy items will not be staying in the Mobile version of Terraria, they are just going to vanish instantly, even in chests, though any existing convertibles will be converted. ~:(

Neat to know that Steampunker is your favorite NPC! ~:D

20. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Terrarian

`:D