Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the bug team must have been up to something... because releasing a product that doesn't even load the game as on the windows phone version is REALLY ridiculous. And to say they cannot recreate it in house is obvious hogwash. I fully support Terraria in many ways and always recommend it to anyone who has not played it. I enjoy it. This is what makes this frustrating. I do have it on many other devices including consoles, iOS and PC. The response of not being able to reduce this and there is NO response of working for the group of windows phone users. venting.......

Hello, just me again with some bugs I have found. The game so far, appears to flicker a lot! Here's what I've found o it so far.
1. You cannot open chests with a pickaxe, you must use something else like a sword or other object.
2. When zooming out, the screen flickers between the world and the map before showing you the map
3. Sometimes (so far once out of the few plays) when using the pickaxe, everytime you swing, the world shakes subtly. Like a mini earthquake.
4. Creatures stuck in a corner perfectly (so stairs made of any block material) will flicker their left and right sprites. Really really fast.
5. When you are perfectly on the background changeline for corruption and jungle, the background flashes jungle green and purple.
6. Smart cursor has trouble picking between two blocks when you dig diagonal, so the yellow highlight block flashes back and forth between the two bricks until one is destroyed.
7. Random hit points. Sometimes, I'll see damage numbers pop up, even though it's in the ground. For example, I'll be walking then 47 pops out of no where. I look at where the number pops up, but there are no traps, no mobs, nothing is there
8. Rarely mobs will be spawned in the blocks themselves. Example, a slime spawned in a two by two dirt pile.

Anyways, these are really small bugs really, and this is just something's I've noticed straight of the bat (just started playing in the new update since it's break) so there's more for me to look into (I know I mentioned that smart cursor was acting up last time, so I'll look at that again). Anyways, I very happy for the update, and I like how the world gen is better, but if you need me to show the issues of reproduce and record it, I'll try my best to. Thanks again for the great update, and I'll keep looking for bugs (fishing and program wise)

Yeah i Find mounts and stuff EXTREMELY rare, im currently working on my lets play on YouTube , and as i progress , i find more bugs every now and then ..

I can't spawn Pirate Invasion & Goblin Army & Frost Legion (Iphone 5 Ios 9.2 Not jailbreaked)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 276
1. Bezoar absolutely drops from moss hornets. Also drops from toxic sludges (which is a better method anyway). Was farming mimics in the underground for a titan glove. Ended up with 6 bezoars from toxic sludges.

2. Paladin drop rate for the paladin's hammer is WAY less than specified in the wiki (not complaining, I have one already. Just an observation).

3. Meat Grinder is no longer a placeable crafting station - it's an equippable weapon (intentional change?)

For those with trouble getting the goblin tinkerer - You need to defeat a goblin invasion and then unbind him. After the goblin invasion is defeated he will spawn in a random location in the cavern layer. It's kinda annoying, but I would suggest just starting at one edge of the map and digging your way across until you find him. I found him in a tiny cave all the way at the edge of the map. He seems to be able to spawn in blocks. He was completely surrounded by stone blocks.

I’m not sure, I never really paint large areas.

#3 and #4 have always been there. From my experience, #3 usually happens to the Guide when he’s walking around outside. 4# also happens with Jungle and Crimson.

YES! Toxic Sludges have always dropped Bezoars.

That is DEFINITELY a complete bug.

Why are you giving advice on the Goblin Tinkerer? He’s been here since 1.1.

Because someone mentioned not getting the tinkerer to arrive.

This is a list of Bugs I found while playing Terraria in Mobile Version:
  • Shadow Hammer drops Silver Chandeliers instead of Cobalt Bars, Mythril Bars and Adamantite Bars.
  • Slimers don't turn into the Second form (Shadow Slime), instead, he is just killed and don't drop anything.
  • Corrupt Slimes don't turn into Slimelings.
  • Light Mummy don't drop money.
  • Menu Theme don't play. Instead, the Overworld theme plays.
  • Ambiental Rain sound don't play. Only the Rain Theme Music play.
  • Destroyer is nearly Impossible, since his lazers are utterly huge and it can deal tons of damage (It wasn't like that before).
  • When the game is zoomed out on a 7' Inch (Or more) screen, the player has an Line of the color of the skin between his Armor and Leggings.
  • Some enemies don't follow the player to damage him, instead, they keep walking straight at the direction they are facing.
  • Snow Legion's enemies don't have walking animation.
  • Snow Legion's enemies don't turn to the Right when walking to this direction, which cause them to "Moon Walk" and walk backwards.
  • If you click the clock, the game thinks you clicked 3 Times, which will cause the time to appear Three Times (NO PUN INTENDED).
  • Water don't flow when door is open. Instead, it keeps there. This can be annoying in some times.
  • Jungle's surface background don't appear. It's just the Green-ish Overworld Background.
  • Gastropods are spawning at Jungle, even if my Hallowed Biome is at the other side of the world
  • The Santa Claus' arriving message appears as "the Santa Claus has arrived!" instead of "<NAME> the Santa claus has arrived!"
  • Santa Claus' housing banner don't appear to show that it's occupied.

Device: LG G-Pad 7.0 (V400)
Android: Lollipop 5.0.2

This guy is on to something. ;)

I think what would be useful is to have a beta testing program
Maybe 505 should pick a few random people from these forums to be testers. People who really get into the game.

Something I have raised in the past, and something I plan to raise moving forward - alongside what the Monarch of Underground Passages already mentioned as being underway.

As far as different devices go. IOS is pretty much the same across the board. And a lot of these android players have common devices. Like the Samsung Galaxy. Or the Kindle Fire. And still a :red:-ton of bugs.

Afraid this is only partially true. You see, each country has its own tweaks to the OS....as well as each provider (Verizon, AT&T, etc). Last I checked with 505 Mobile on this, they were aware of over 700 different device and OS configurations running Terraria - and that assumes everyone updates. Some people have newer phones with older OS....or older phones with a newer OS. Toss the limitless dimensions of Terraria into that pot, and its a very complex issue indeed.

All that said, we totally agree that some of these bugs should have been obvious - particularly to Terraria players. As such, you should read what @Tunnel King wrote in regards to the path moving ahead. It has always been the plan...but didn't quite make it in time. That has been escalated and is in process.

As for WP, neither 505 nor Microsoft (think about that....if WP always crashed, MS would never approve the update - that is literally the definition of a certification-killer) can reliably replicate this. That isn't to say it doesn't exist - clearly it does - but that it is elusive. I've made it clear that from our perspective, fixing the WP crashes is an A-1 tier priority for the 505 Mobile/CG team.

I can see a bit behind the curtain, and I will say that the team has done a great job in the response after the fact - gathering the list, working on fixes, etc. - and that gives me confidence that all will be well in the near future (well, that and the new QA process)...but like I said before, it is a rough time to get stuff approved at the various places due to their Holiday Shutdowns.

Hang in there :)

Really, I never noticed it doing that until now. Maybe my world generation has prevented this from happening in the past.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450709766,1450709287][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, is there an official what's new to mobile list? I'm just curious as to what's been added, bugs removed, etc. If you can provide a link, of there is one, that would be helpful. Thanks.

yooz guyz doin good stuffs.

Once all this stuff gets hashed out and I get everything else I wanted from the update in like a day, it will be time to start complaining for 1.3 :)

Loving these "issue status" threads for 3DS and mobile! This will make tracking things SO much easier for everyone. :)

Terrarians - where bugs haven't been able to be replicated, remember that any additional info or images or whatever that you can provide could help unlock the mysteries of any one of these pesky bugs! Help 505 help you! ;)

my phone does it everytime ie hardcrash on windows phone if u guys need a video or something let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom